Shelly Button1

Posted on
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:55 am
raoul offline

Re: Shelly Button1

Thank you for the suggestions. I have changed the subscription to 'shellies/#' as well as cleaning up the trigger receipt as recommended above.

debug level logging on the MQTT connector

Gives the following result;
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/online, payload: false
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/online, payload: true
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/announce, payload: {"id":"Shelly_Button","model":"SHBTN-2","mac":"98CDAC2DAE39","ip":"10.0.1.76","new_fw":false,"fw_ver":"20211004-121522/v1.11.5-gdedfb52"}
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/announce, payload: {"id":"Shelly_Button","model":"SHBTN-2","mac":"98CDAC2DAE39","ip":"10.0.1.76","new_fw":false,"fw_ver":"20211004-121522/v1.11.5-gdedfb52"}
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/battery, payload: 100
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/charger, payload: false
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/error, payload: 0
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/act_reasons, payload: ["button"]
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/input_event/0, payload: {"event":"S","event_cnt":237}

Unfortuantly the device stills shows no sign of life and more importantly the Trigger set for a single press does not activate.
Attachments
Button Device.png
Button Device.png (31.26 KiB) Viewed 1983 times

Posted on
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:34 am
aaronlionsheep offline

raoul wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions. I have changed the subscription to 'shellies/#' as well as cleaning up the trigger receipt as recommended above.

debug level logging on the MQTT connector

Gives the following result;
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/online, payload: false
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/online, payload: true
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/announce, payload: {"id":"Shelly_Button","model":"SHBTN-2","mac":"98CDAC2DAE39","ip":"10.0.1.76","new_fw":false,"fw_ver":"20211004-121522/v1.11.5-gdedfb52"}
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/announce, payload: {"id":"Shelly_Button","model":"SHBTN-2","mac":"98CDAC2DAE39","ip":"10.0.1.76","new_fw":false,"fw_ver":"20211004-121522/v1.11.5-gdedfb52"}
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/battery, payload: 100
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/charger, payload: false
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/error, payload: 0
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/sensor/act_reasons, payload: ["button"]
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker - Server: processReceivedMessage: shellies/Shelly_Button/input_event/0, payload: {"event":"S","event_cnt":237}

Unfortuantly the device stills shows no sign of life and more importantly the Trigger set for a single press does not activate.

Ok so we can confirm that the messages are getting into Indigo and are being processed by MQTT Connector. Can you disable the "Hide executions in server log" checkbox for the MQTT Connector trigger that queues the message type for "#Button#"? The next step is to ensure that the messages are being matched properly queued to be sent to ShellyMQTT.

Posted on
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:56 am
raoul offline

Thanks.

Yes I can confirm that the "Hide executions in server log" is unchecked for the relevant receipt of trigger.

What I am noticing, is that I appear to have no trouble sending commands from Indigo > MQTT / Shelly devices. However I don't appear to have any traffic coming the other way. For instance if I have the ShellyMQTT set to debug and I 'turn on' a shelly device I see the commands, however if request an update or press the 'Button1' I get no information being shown.

For whatever reason it would appear that I have setting out which is preventing MQTT Connector passing on the messages to ShellyMQTT.

Posted on
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:59 am
FlyingDiver offline

raoul wrote:
For whatever reason it would appear that I have setting out which is preventing MQTT Connector passing on the messages to ShellyMQTT.

That would imply the problem is with the trigger setup. Going the other way (outbound) doesn't use a trigger.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:58 pm
raoul offline

Thank you all for the help and recommendations.

On noticing that my Shelly Door Sensor stopped receiving updates and seeing the last update was shortly prior to attempting to add the Button. I shut Indigo down and replaced the ShellyMQTT preferences with one from a backup prior to this loss of communications.
Doing so not only rectified the Door Sensor messages but also had the Button1 work fully as expected.

As to the cause of what I assume is a mild corruption to the settings file. That server did have some power issues around then, server was shut down accidentally and took a couple of attempts to get it back online properly.

It’s always nice when your backups come to the rescue.

Thanks again for the help, it’s been an interesting learning curve.