Shelly Plugin Message "key pollingFrequency not found in dic

Posted on
Thu May 28, 2020 10:40 pm
mclass offline

Shelly Plugin Message "key pollingFrequency not found in dic

Indigo 7.4.1, Shellydirect plugin version 7.7.14, Shelly Relay 2.5.
Plugin finds device OK, but when saving the configuration an error is raised with the following appearing in the message from plugin field:
Code: Select all
key pollingFrequency not found in dict'

Both relay and child controllable from Indigo
This occurs for both the relay and the child device. On restart of server (not plugin) the following error appears in the Indigo event log:
Code: Select all
 shellyDirect Error              Line 1412 has error='key pollingFrequency not found in dict'

Only other oddity noted is that the Note in the Edit Device window for the main relay is "Host of ..." which differs from that in the child relay window that notes "Hosted by 1696407063" which is the ID of the main relay.

This error does not seem to occur with Shelly 1 relays on my system.

Any suggestions?

TIA
mclass

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 7:24 am
kw123 offline

Re: Shelly Plugin Message "key pollingFrequency not found in

>>Only other oddity noted is that the Note in the Edit Device window for the main relay is "Host of ..." which differs from that in the child relay window that notes "Hosted by 1696407063" which is the ID of the main relay.
<< that is I believe how it should be. there is a "master" device and a child. the master does all the communication with the physical device. it is just a note taht these 2 devices are linked. ONLY if you delete the master the child will also be deleted, but the other way around - if you delete the child the master device stays

as for "pollingFrequency" not found.:
there is an other error :
Error (client) CreateXmlValuesDictFromPaxFieldReps() caught exception: LowLevelBadParameterError -- illegal character in XML tag name or value
that is not shown on my indigo server log, but on the indigo client. That stops the execution of the property filling.
I have to find that one first, thing is very difficult as indigo does not give any further hint and I can not find any special character in device.xml

this will take a little.

Karl

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 7:26 am
FlyingDiver offline

kw123 wrote:
there is an other error :
Error (client) CreateXmlValuesDictFromPaxFieldReps() caught exception: LowLevelBadParameterError -- illegal character in XML tag name or value
that is not shown on my indigo server log, but on the indigo client. That stops the execution of the property filling.
I have to find that one first, thing is very difficult as indigo does not give any further hint and I can not find any special character in device.xml

Make sure you don't have any places where the key to a dict entry could be a string starting with a numeric (0-9). Indigo really doesn't like those because they're illegal for an XML tag.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 9:06 am
kw123 offline

fixed in 7.7.15

was a space after the id : <Field id="modeLabelswitch "

but the wired thing is that the error is NOT shown in the server log window, but in the remote log window. that should be identical

these are the things that take a lot of time to find

A scanning tool to detect specific errors for the xml files would be really nice .. does anyone know of a tool?

Karl

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 11:24 am
kw123 offline

tried some of the xml validators on the web, they do not pick up <Field id="modeLabelswitch " as an error

but the formatters work fine

Karl

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 6:42 pm
mclass offline

Thanks yet again Karl for a prompt and accurate response!

Working OK,

Neil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1