Version 1.7.0 Released - New states & event type, bug fixes

Posted on
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:16 pm
ZachBenz offline

Version 1.7.0 Released - New states & event type, bug fixes

Available via the Plugin Store

Added support for the "On Demand Access" event type (i.e. when a Ring user accesses one of your devices via the Ring app or website). Also added additional custom states to the Doorbell device, to include: eventId tracking for Motion, Doorbell Pushed, and On Demand; and 'time since' short string suitable for use in labeling indicators in control pages.

Additionally, further improved and cleaned up exception handling and connection error handling.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:15 am
mclass offline

Re: Version 1.7.0 Released - New states & event type, bug fi

Many thanks for all the effort you have put in to rescue us Ring users from oblivion :lol:

Sorry to "do an Oliver Twist" and seek more (an additional feature).

I note that event times are in UTC, whilst the data on the Ring "on demand" log in are given in local time. Would it be asking too much to have the ability to have the device states in local time - either by accessing this from the Ring server or alternatively being able to enter an offset in the plugin configuration?

Again, your efforts in developing this plugin are greatly appreciated.

mclass

Posted on
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:57 pm
ZachBenz offline

mclass wrote:
I note that event times are in UTC, whilst the data on the Ring "on demand" log in are given in local time. Would it be asking too much to have the ability to have the device states in local time - either by accessing this from the Ring server or alternatively being able to enter an offset in the plugin configuration?
mclass

Glad the plugin is working out for you!

Yes, I'd be happy to add in localized time. There are at least two options here:

• Have states that list timestamps in the timezone of the Indigo server
  • Have states that list timestamps using the timezone of the given Ring device

My plan is to implement option one, as it seems like the most common use case. That, and I'm betting the second option is going to be the same as the first for 95+% of users (i.e. all of your devices are likely in the same timezone as your Indigo server). (Not to mention, implementing the second option is a minor pain coding wise because of how the Ring API reports the device timezones).

Posted on
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:40 am
mclass offline

Option one would be just great, thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:55 pm
ZachBenz offline

mclass wrote:
Option one would be just great, thanks!!

Hoping to knock this out this weekend.

Meanwhile, Ring has been fiddling more with their API... looks like I might need to update to the latest fixes in the underlying API library I'm using.

Posted on
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:39 pm
mclass offline

Thanks!

It came to my attention overnight that there had been changes - maybe Amazon's attempting to block "unauthorised" use of the unofficial API :roll:

I'm in the process of fitting out a new house, and have made a pledge to avoid GAFA products and services where possible. I've come across a "no-name" SIP video door intercom that not only allows me to intercept doorbell activity (thanks to one of FlyingDiver's plugins) to trigger Indigo actions, but also will display Indigo control pages (with touch screen!!) on the indoor video station!! Working on the bench at the moment, can't wait to get it into the real world and integrated with Indigo and the other video cameras! If successful, it may be farewell to my current Ring doorbell in the current house.

But PLEASE - keep up the great work so far!!

mclass

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:03 am
ZachBenz offline

mclass wrote:
Thanks!

It came to my attention overnight that there had been changes - maybe Amazon's attempting to block "unauthorised" use of the unofficial API :roll:
mclass

Looks like a bug in the underlying, unofficial python Ring library was spamming the Ring servers for refresh tokens... and thus got blocked. Ring CTO communicated with folks involved and was friendly about it... fix is being tested now. Hopefully by the time I get a chance to play with code tomorrow, things will be patched in the library.

Page 1 of 1