Version 1.0.3 available for testing

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:34 pm
Adrian Osborn offline

Re: Version 1.0.3 available for testing

Thank you so much for jumping into this and saving everyone who was having issues with the previous plugin - really appreciate it

I had been having issues for several months which prompted me to go looking for other ways to get my Ring Doorbell status and video into Homekit rather than do it in indigo where I wanted to. I know little about coding for plugins, but am just sharing a couple of features which would be awesome some day :) :D

I had settle for using Homebridge on a Pi with a plugin from dustin.greif which had two features I though i would share in case you had not seen it and wanted to include a couple of features in the future

1. I allows me to use 2FA by obtaining a token form the API using npx -p ring-client-api ring-auth-cli. and with that gives you a second login option using username and token rather than password. This has worked for me really well
2. It gives me a video stream that I can use direct in Homekit like all my other indigo camera through Homekit Bridge which I love

Just sharing some thoughts and thanks again for stepping in and getting this going

Adrian

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:41 pm
ZachBenz offline

Re: Version 1.0.3 available for testing

Adrian Osborn wrote:
1. I allows me to use 2FA by obtaining a token form the API using npx -p ring-client-api ring-auth-cli. and with that gives you a second login option using username and token rather than password. This has worked for me really well
2. It gives me a video stream that I can use direct in Homekit like all my other indigo camera through Homekit Bridge which I love

Just sharing some thoughts and thanks again for stepping in and getting this going
Adrian

Thanks, Adrian!

I'm currently relying on a library from tchellomello for all the Ring API functionality, which is to say, I'm limited to what it provides. That said, I'll file an issue to myself to take a look at this other library you're using and see if there is anything that can be ported over to tchellomello's library. Agreed it would be quite nice to have streaming video in addition to 2FA!

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo