Ring plugins are not working anymore?

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:46 pm
McJohn offline

Ring plugins are not working anymore?

Is there anyone who has a working Ring plugin at this moment?

Ring Debug Connected to Ring.com API?: True
Ring Debug Getting events and device states from Ring.com API
Ring Debug Error while trying to update devices from Ring.com API: InvalidGrantError(u'(invalid_grant) token is invalid or does not exists',)
Ring Error Connection error - pausing for 30 seconds before retrying (error: (invalid_grant) token is invalid or does not exists)

Posted on
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm
Londonmark offline

Re: Ring plugins are not working anymore?

I’ve gone down the Ring homebridge route. I already have all my Indigo devices in HomeKit and using ring homebridge was a breeze to set up. Now have my doorbell and video showing in the Home app and can use it to trigger events that way.

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 pm
brentb offline

Londonmark can you give some details please. I've been trying to do this with no success. One time I was able to get a placeholder for the camera show up on my Home screen, but no stream. On subsequent tries, I can't even get that to show up now. I've added the ring plugin, and it is configured properly, as the screen shows information for the camera pulled from the ring server. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

any help greatly appreciated

thanks
Brent

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm
Londonmark offline

I followed the instructions at https://github.com/oznu/homebridge-config-ui-x/wiki/Homebridge-UI-on-macOS to get Homebridge running on my Indigo Mac. I already had two Homebridge instances running courtesy of C4W’s plugin, but those get installed in a different location so there was no cross-contamination. Activity Monitor now shows three HB processes running.

From the web GUI it was then straightforward to get the Ring plugin working and it regularly checks for updates. Plus you can see all of the accessories that should be there. The Ring plugin creates several different accessories - mode, button etc. All pretty logical.

Have you got that far?

Once is done that the Ring accessories showed up in the Home app.

Page 1 of 1