Trane Nexia Plugin Q&A

Posted on
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:55 pm
gskarp offline

Re: Trane Nexia Plugin Q&A

Is there a minimum OS X version I need to be running for this?

Posted on
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

gskarp wrote:
Is there a minimum OS X version I need to be running for this?

High Sierra, I think.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:23 pm
stoney offline

Does this work with non-Trane Nexia?

I just got an American Standard Platinum 850 Smart Control. Supposedly, it's the same as the Trane 850. I created a Nexia account and added it to the plugin. The format of the house code URL is different than described, though, it's
https://www.mynexia.com/houses/7-digit-number/climate

This seems to have worked, but I'm unsure how to tell. I tried to create a Nexia Thermostat device, but the settings popup for Nexia Account is unpopulated. Same for the Thermostat popup.

My Nexia page shows the thermostat, and all looks ok there.

Should this work?

I'm running MacOS 11.1 on a fairly new (not M1) Mac Mini. Indigo 7.4.

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:25 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Enable debug logging and restart the plugin, then attempt to create the thermostat device. Then post the log contents.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:45 pm
stoney offline

Sorry for the delay - I forgot that I don't get reply notices from this topic. I tried several times to save the account and make a Nexia Thermostat device. Here's the log. with sensitive info removed:

Code: Select all
   Trane Nexia Debug               validateDeviceConfigUi: valuesDict = UiValuesDict : (dict)
     address : <houseid removed> (string)
     house_id : <houseid removed> (string)
     house_idNote :  (string)
     password : <password removed> (string)
     username : <username removed> (string), typeId = NexiaAccount, devId = 1431980070
   Trane Nexia                     Nexia User Account: Starting NexiaAccount Device 1431980070
   Trane Nexia                     Nexia User Account: Stopping NexiaAccount Device 1431980070
   Trane Nexia Debug               get_thermostat_list: typeId = NexiaThermostat, targetId = 1431980070, filter = Available, valuesDict = UiValuesDict : (dict)
     username : <username removed> (string)
   Trane Nexia Debug               get_thermostat_list: no active accounts, returning empty list
   Trane Nexia Debug               get_account_list: typeId = NexiaThermostat, targetId = 1431980070, valuesDict = UiValuesDict : (dict)
     username : <username removed> (string)
   Trane Nexia Debug               get_account_list: accounts = []
   Trane Nexia Debug               validateDeviceConfigUi: valuesDict = UiValuesDict : (dict)
     NumHumidityInputs : 1 (string)
     NumTemperatureInputs : 0 (string)
     ShowCoolHeatEquipmentStateUI : true (bool)
     SupportsCoolSetpoint : false (bool)
     SupportsHeatSetpoint : false (bool)
     SupportsHvacFanMode : true (bool)
     SupportsHvacOperationMode : false (bool)
     SupportsStatusRequest : false (bool)
     nexia_account :  (string)
     nexia_thermostat :  (string)
     username : <username removed> (string), typeId = NexiaThermostat, devId = 1431980070
   Trane Nexia Warning             validateDeviceConfigUi - No Thermostat Specified

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:49 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Log shows that the "Account" device was started then immediately stopped:

Trane Nexia                     Nexia User Account: Starting NexiaAccount Device 1431980070
   Trane Nexia                     Nexia User Account: Stopping NexiaAccount Device 1431980070

Which is why there was no account showing for the Thermostat device. Delete the (incomplete) Thermostat devices, then restart the plugin. Does the same thing happen again? If so, set the debugging level to "Detailed" and restart it again, then post the log.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:07 pm
stoney offline

After poking at it some more, I see that I wasn't creating the "devices" correctly. I now have one account device, two thermostat devices, and one zone for the upstairs thermostat. It won't populate the "zone" popup when I try to create a zone for the downstairs thermostat, though. When I made a zone for the upstairs, it offered "Native Zone", but nothing is offered for the 2nd zone I tried to create.

The upstairs zone is showing a temperature, so that's working correctly.

BTW, the plugin page: [https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/242/] shows the URL to get the house id as:
https://www.mynexia.com/houses/HOUSEID/
which is incorrect. The help text in the plugin dialog to configure a nexia user account is correct. It's just hard to see as dark gray text on darker gray background.

This does allow multiple thermostats and zones, right?

Sorry for my confusion and thanks for your help!

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yes, multiples should work. How many AC units do you have? And how many separate zones in the house? In the Trane world (at least, for the system I have), you'll have a Thermostat device for each AC unit (each Air Handler), and a Zone device for each separate zone in the house (assuming your system is zoned with dampers). If you don't actually have a zoned system (one air handler feeding multiple zones, each with their own control panel), Then you'll have one Thermostat device and one Zone device for each air handler.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:35 pm
stoney offline

I have two heat pumps, each with their own air handler. There's one thermostat for each one. So, two of each. I've not explicitly setup zones, and don't see how I might do that.

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Hmm. You should be able to create a "native zone" zone device for each, as that would be the default for a non-zoned system. Yeah, the terminology is confusing. In their world, there's always at least one zone per thermostat, and the API treats them as distinct devices.

Use the menu command depicted below and post the log entry it creates. Better yet, zip it up and attach it to a GitHub issue: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-T ... xia/issues
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 6.45.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 6.45.13 PM.png (186.6 KiB) Viewed 2747 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:39 pm
gskarp offline

Wondering if there is an issue with the migration from the mynezia platform, to the tranehome platform. The plugin seemed to stop updating ( last read was end of June).

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Hmm. Might be. I can’t really look at it until I get home in a few days. Please open an issue in GitHub to remind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:00 am
johnpolasek offline

First and foremost: THANK YOU!!!! Just had my 15 year old AC die and replaced it with a 4 zone1050XL controlling a 4 ton 18 SEER variable. My only question is the 15 minute poll interval. Is there any particular reason not to poll more often, given that the Nexia App on my phone typically picks up zone changes within a minute.

Posted on
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:07 am
FlyingDiver offline

The default is 15. You can make it as little as 5 minutes.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:00 am
johnpolasek offline

After watching it for a couple of days (now 4 days in on the new system and still getting the comfort levels right) I'm not sure the polling is working at all... the Indigo devices never seem to update any of their states as the temperature and zone calls change in the Nexia app even though the "last updated" times in the devices dialog show that they should be. Turning on "debug" in the plugin does not show any access of the Nexia website due to polling. However, if I SEND a "fan auto" FROM Indigo on the Thermostat device, it looks like everything updates immediately to match the Nexia App numbers. I was halfway thinking of sending that command periodically via a schedule rather than depending on polling, but that runs the risk of resetting fan always if I set it from the thermostat itself... Any other ideas?

UPDATE...setting the fan mode in the thermostat does not seem to be an automatable Action... maybe setting the Dehumidify set point instead?

UPDate 2: That was a bust; when I send Dehumidify set point (even the same one) to Nexia via an action I get
   Trane Nexia Error               Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 464, in setDehumidifySetpointAction
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_devices.py", line 109, in set_dehumidify_setpoint
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 879, in set_dehumidify_setpoint
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 172, in _put_url
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 394, in login
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 129, in _get_authenticity_token
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 234, in _get_url
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 394, in login
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 129, in _get_authenticity_token
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 234, in _get_url
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Many many repetitions
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/Trane Nexia.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nexia_thermostat.py", line 227, in _get_url
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 489, in get
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 477, in request
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 587, in send
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 417, in send
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 590, in urlopen
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/packages/urllib3/response.py", line 373, in from_httplib
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/packages/urllib3/_collections.py", line 324, in from_httplib
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/packages/urllib3/_collections.py", line 137, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/collections.py", line 69, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/abc.py", line 151, in __subclasscheck__
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded