Triggering a zigbee device

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:21 pm
lazlohollyfeld offline

Re: Triggering a zigbee device

Ok - i deleted everything and started over..

I think i have a problem with my path - as I am able to read current state and send a payload, however the device is not opening/closing..

This is the log snippet - when the device is toggled in indigo:

Code: Select all
   MQTT Shims Debug                Main Water Valve: publish_topic: zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/ -> {"state":"ON"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Zigbee2MQTT v3: publishMessageAction zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/: {"state":"ON"}, 0, False
   MQTT Connector Debug            Zigbee2MQTT v3: Message published: 47
   MQTT Shims Debug                Main Water Valve: getDeviceStateList returning: States : (list)
   MQTT Connector Debug            Main Water Valve: deviceUpdated: doExcludes = False, listedDevice = False
   MQTT Connector Debug            Main Water Valve: deviceUpdated: id = 504655790, devList = published_devices : (list)

Here is what I see in MQTT Explorer:

notice the line "={"state":"ON"} is what is coming from Indligo - clearly in the wrong spot.. It looks like i'm not "sticking" the state in the right place...?

here is my device setup
the full action topic path is clipped in the screenshot, here it is:
zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:51 pm
FlyingDiver offline

The payload looks fine, if it's supposed to be JSON. Get rid of the trailing slash on the topic.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:03 pm
lazlohollyfeld offline

ftr, i tried with and without trailing slash.. same

I did finally figure it out- via the zigbee2MQTT docs! I needed to add "set" to the end of the URL:

zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/set

thanks for this AWESOME set of plugins and assistance!

Posted on
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:04 am
lazlohollyfeld offline

actually.... spoke too soon - i can control it - but cannot seem to get current state - any ideas?

I'm not getting the current state back - here is what i have.. I tried with and without the "/get" on the end:

Status Request Topic:
zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/get
Status Request Payload: {"state":""}
Indigo Log:

MQTT Shims Debug                Main Water Valve: actionControlUniversal: RequestStatus
   MQTT Shims Debug                Main Water Valve: publish_topic: zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/get -> {"state":""}
   MQTT Shims                      Sent 'Main Water Valve' Status Request
   MQTT Connector Debug            Zigbee2MQTT v3: publishMessageAction zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/get: {"state":""}, 0, False
   MQTT Connector Debug            Zigbee2MQTT v3: Message published: 103

MQTT Explorer:

Zigbee2MQTT Log:

Debug 2022-11-18 11:02:09Received MQTT message on 'zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/get' with data '{"state":""}'
Debug 2022-11-18 11:02:09Publishing get 'get' 'state' to 'UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF'
Debug 2022-11-18 11:02:09Received Zigbee message from 'UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF', type 'readResponse', cluster 'genOnOff', data '{"onOff":1}' from endpoint 1 with groupID 0
Info 2022-11-18 11:02:09MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF', payload '{"linkquality":99,"state":"ON"}'
Info 2022-11-18 11:02:09MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/state', payload 'ON'
Info 2022-11-18 11:02:09MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/linkquality', payload '99'

Posted on
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:24 am
FlyingDiver offline

The state updates are getting sent by zigbee2mqtt, it's these lines:

Info 2022-11-18 11:02:09MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF', payload '{"linkquality":99,"state":"ON"}'
Info 2022-11-18 11:02:09MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/state', payload 'ON'
Info 2022-11-18 11:02:09MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF/linkquality', payload '99'

You need a trigger for the `zigbee2mqtt/UTILITY_DEVICES/MAIN_WATER_SHUTOFF` topic so it sends that message to the Shim. And you need to specify the "On value" in the Shim as "ON".

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177