Shims issue after upgrade

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:55 pm
aaronlionsheep offline

Re: Shims issue after upgrade

roquej wrote:
I deleted the trigger and recreated it. Rebooted.

MQTT message is correct:
MQTT Connector Debug MQTT Broker: processReceivedMessage: homeassistant/sensor/house_nativezone_temperature/state, payload: 75

Logging is set to debug. The trigger never hits.

Again, this was working well before the upgrades.

As a nice, I am using ShellyMQTT and everything works there.

There is something going on with the MQTT Connector or the MQTT Shims plugins.

JP

FYI, I identified a bug that was introduced in all the way back in ShellyMQTT v0.2.4 (Feb 2021). It improperly consumed broadcasts for message types the user did not specify. This was not identified until recently (May 2022) and was fixed in the latest version (v0.7.3).

Example: Two triggers with message types of "shellies" and "XXX" were used to direct payloads from their corresponding topics to different plugins. Even if you only ever use the message type of "shellies" with all Shelly devices, ShellyMQTT was consuming (stealing) payloads of message type "XXX" too. This was not easy to catch as the message passing system uses a queue. There was only a chance that ShellyMQTT would improperly consume the message before the correct plugin consumed it.

It doesn't seem like this is the case here as your trigger is (was) not firing, but it could come up if you have not updated to the latest ShellyMQTT (v0.7.3)

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:41 pm
roquej offline

Re: Shims issue after upgrade

Thank you for the comment, and I have indeed upgraded. However, ShellyMQTT worked without issues for me.

JP