Help creating Shim devices for Pool Controller

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 9:40 am
jltnol offline

Re: Help creating Shim devices for Pool Controller

Hey guys..

Thank you both, yet again for your patience and willingness to help me to get this work. But, even with the latest info from Joe, I still can't get this to work. I'm attaching pics of everything that I think matters for this, in hopes that I have just missed something... some punctuation, mis-spelled something, or just missed something super simple. One thing I noticed in the Topic Matches is the lack of the "/#" at the end of each line(although I've gone over this so much perhaps they don't belong here), but have actually added those in but still can't get it to work. These pics are exactly how everything is set now, so I'm sure I'm just have something wrong that I am just too blind to see.

Also, Joe, I'm sending you info to connect directly to the MQTT server, so you can connect directly to my device to see if there is something else wrong.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.23.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.23.53 AM.png (54.68 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.25.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.25.24 AM.png (112.39 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.26.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.26.02 AM.png (183.23 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.26.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.26.17 AM.png (156.35 KiB) Viewed 4901 times

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 10:05 am
FlyingDiver offline

Did you update to the latest Shims plugin? Posted this morning?

Please enable debug logging for both the Connector and Shims, restart them both, then post it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 10:21 am
FlyingDiver offline

I just connected to your MQTT broker with my trigger and Shim and it's working. I think if you update the Shims plugin it'll work.

I don't think you ever posted which version of Indigo you're running. You'll need to be running 2022.1 as the current plugin in Python3.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 12:55 pm
jltnol offline

I am out of the house for the day, but am on 2022.1 of Indigo for sure... so will try the updated plugin.

If you got it to work, then I'm sure I'll be able to do the same.

Will keep you posted... and THANKS!!

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 2:58 pm
cuhouse offline

This will help :lol:
Attachments
Screen%20Shot%202022-05-20%20at%2010.25.24%20AM.jpg
Screen%20Shot%202022-05-20%20at%2010.25.24%20AM.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 4871 times

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 6:44 pm
jltnol offline

Sooo still nothing.
3 things:
1st- I've downloaded the newest Shims so am on V 2022.0.1
2nd- I've changed the Match phrase to "state" dropping the " s", and have them in the exact same order as before.
3rd -In doing and re-doing all this, I found another trigger I had setup, so had 2, but have since deleted the spurious one. My lone trigger looks exactly as my pic from this morning. Topic Strings are: "easytouch2-4, state, temps, Any:"

BUT I'm wondering if my Trigger Device is the issue. I've added a simple Toggle of a light as an Action, but so far the light hasn't changed states even as I watch data come in to the log... I've got no idea if it SHOULD toggle on and off as messages come in, but it hasn't.

My Shims device is set to "MQTT Value Sensor Device", and otherwise looks exactly as the pic from this morning as well. Can someone verify that the Payload Key should be "temp" and not "temps"? (although I've tried both...)

And, just for fun, I've restarted the Indigo Server.

ALSO, I'm sending you both by PM a database with just the devices in question.

I changed the config to debug on both the Connector and the Shims plug, restarted both, and this is what follows. It appear to me that the waterSensor1 data IS coming in, but I still don't have something set up correctly to grab it when it does come in. Nothing in the log is red.

Code: Select all
   Reloading plugin "MQTT Connector 2022.0.0" using API v3.0
   Stopping plugin "MQTT Connector 2022.0.0" (pid 43168)
   MQTT Connector Debug            stop_concurrent_thread called
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Trigger: Removing Trigger
   MQTT Connector                  MQTT Connector: Stopping Device
   MQTT Connector                  MQTT Connector: Disconnecting
   MQTT Connector Debug            Sending DISCONNECT
   MQTT Connector                  Shutting down MQTT Connector
   Stopped plugin "MQTT Connector 2022.0.0"
   Starting plugin "MQTT Connector 2022.0.0" (pid 43845)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: logLevel = 10
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: queueWarning value = 30
   Started plugin "MQTT Connector 2022.0.0"
   MQTT Connector                  Starting MQTT Connector
   MQTT Connector                  MQTT Connector: Starting Device
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: Broker __init__ address = 192.168.6.128, port = 1883, protocol = 4, transport = tcp
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: Enabling library level debugging
   MQTT Connector Debug            Sending CONNECT (u1, p1, wr0, wq0, wf0, c1, k60) client_id=b'indigo-mqtt-219216085'
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Trigger: Adding Trigger
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received CONNACK (0, 0)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: Connected with result code 0
   MQTT Connector                  MQTT Connector: Subscribing to: easytouch2-4/# (0)
   MQTT Connector Debug            Sending SUBSCRIBE (d0, m1) [(b'easytouch2-4/#', 0)]
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received SUBACK
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/air', ...  (11 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/air, payload: {"temp":84}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/solar', ...  (10 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/solar, payload: {"temp":0}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/waterSensor1', ...  (11 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/waterSensor1, payload: {"temp":86}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/units', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/units, payload: {"units":{"val":0,"name":"F","desc":"Fahrenheit"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool', ...  (21 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool, payload: {"id":1,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/heatMode', ...  (48 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/heatMode, payload: {"heatMode":{"val":1,"name":"off","desc":"Off"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/heatStatus', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/heatStatus, payload: {"heatStatus":{"val":0,"name":"off","desc":"Off"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/setPoint', ...  (15 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/setPoint, payload: {"setPoint":78}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/coolSetpoint', ...  (20 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/coolSetpoint, payload: {"coolSetpoint":100}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/temp', ...  (11 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool/temp, payload: {"temp":85}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa', ...  (20 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa, payload: {"id":1,"isOn":"on"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/heatMode', ...  (48 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/heatMode, payload: {"heatMode":{"val":1,"name":"off","desc":"Off"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/heatStatus', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/heatStatus, payload: {"heatStatus":{"val":0,"name":"off","desc":"Off"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/setPoint', ...  (15 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/setPoint, payload: {"setPoint":78}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/coolSetpoint', ...  (20 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/coolSetpoint, payload: {"coolSetpoint":100}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/temp', ...  (11 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/spa/temp, payload: {"temp":86}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa', ...  (21 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa, payload: {"id":2,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/heatMode', ...  (48 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/heatMode, payload: {"heatMode":{"val":0,"name":"off","desc":"Off"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/heatStatus', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/heatStatus, payload: {"heatStatus":{"val":0,"name":"off","desc":"Off"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/setPoint', ...  (15 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/setPoint, payload: {"setPoint":79}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/coolSetpoint', ...  (21 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/coolSetpoint, payload: {"coolSetpoint":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/temp', ...  (13 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/2/spa/temp, payload: {"temp":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/1/spa', ...  (38 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/1/spa, payload: {"id":1,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/1/spa/endTime', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/1/spa/endTime, payload: {"id":1,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/2/boosterpump', ...  (38 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/2/boosterpump, payload: {"id":2,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/2/boosterpump/endTime', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/2/boosterpump/endTime, payload: {"id":2,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/3/airblower', ...  (38 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/3/airblower, payload: {"id":3,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/3/airblower/endTime', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/3/airblower/endTime, payload: {"id":3,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/4/aux3', ...  (38 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/4/aux3, payload: {"id":4,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/4/aux3/endTime', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/4/aux3/endTime, payload: {"id":4,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/5/aux4', ...  (38 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/5/aux4, payload: {"id":5,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/5/aux4/endTime', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/5/aux4/endTime, payload: {"id":5,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/6/pool', ...  (38 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/6/pool, payload: {"id":6,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/circuits/6/pool/endTime', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/circuits/6/pool/endTime, payload: {"id":6,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/11/pumpfast..', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/11/pumpfast.., payload: {"id":11,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/11/pumpfast../endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/11/pumpfast../endTime, payload: {"id":11,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/12/spillway', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/12/spillway, payload: {"id":12,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/12/spillway/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/12/spillway/endTime, payload: {"id":12,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/13/drainline', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/13/drainline, payload: {"id":13,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/13/drainline/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/13/drainline/endTime, payload: {"id":13,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/14/feature4', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/14/feature4, payload: {"id":14,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/14/feature4/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/14/feature4/endTime, payload: {"id":14,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/15/feature5', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/15/feature5, payload: {"id":15,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/15/feature5/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/15/feature5/endTime, payload: {"id":15,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/16/feature6', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/16/feature6, payload: {"id":16,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/16/feature6/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/16/feature6/endTime, payload: {"id":16,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/17/feature7', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/17/feature7, payload: {"id":17,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/17/feature7/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/17/feature7/endTime, payload: {"id":17,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/18/feature8', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/18/feature8, payload: {"id":18,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/18/feature8/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/18/feature8/endTime, payload: {"id":18,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/20/auxextra', ...  (39 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/20/auxextra, payload: {"id":20,"isOn":"off","endTime":"null"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/features/20/auxextra/endTime', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/features/20/auxextra/endTime, payload: {"id":20,"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed', ...  (22 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed, payload: {"id":10,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/rpm', ...  (12 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/rpm, payload: {"rpm":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/flow', ...  (13 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/flow, payload: {"flow":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/watts', ...  (14 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/watts, payload: {"watts":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/status', ...  (44 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/pumps/10/twospeed/status, payload: {"status":{"name":"ok","desc":"Ok","val":0}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/valve/1/valvea', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/valve/1/valvea, payload: {"id":1,"isOn":"off","isVirtual":false,"pinId": 0}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/valve/2/valveb', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/valve/2/valveb, payload: {"id":2,"isOn":"off","isVirtual":false,"pinId": 0}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/valve/3/intake', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/valve/3/intake, payload: {"id":3,"isOn":"off","isVirtual":false,"pinId": 0}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/virtualcircuits/132/freeze', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/virtualcircuits/132/freeze, payload: {"id":132,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/virtualcircuits/130/poolheater', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/virtualcircuits/130/poolheater, payload: {"id":130,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/virtualcircuits/131/spaheater', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/virtualcircuits/131/spaheater, payload: {"id":131,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter', ...  (21 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter, payload: {"id":1,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/pressure', ...  (17 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/pressure, payload: {"pressure":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/refPressure', ...  (20 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/refPressure, payload: {"refPressure":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/body', ...  (17 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/body, payload: {"body":Pool/Spa}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/filterType', ...  (22 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/filterType, payload: {"filterType":Unknown}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/pressureUnits', ...  (48 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/pressureUnits, payload: {"pressureUnits":@bind=data.pressureUnits.desc;}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/cleanPercentage', ...  (24 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/filters/1/filter/cleanPercentage, payload: {"cleanPercentage":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/time', ...  (28 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/time, payload: 2022-05-20T19:03:46.000-0500
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/status', ...  (53 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/status, payload: {"val":1,"name":"ready","desc":"Ready","percent":100}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/mode', ...  (37 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/mode, payload: {"val":0,"name":"auto","desc":"Auto"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/startTime', ...  (28 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/startTime, payload: 2022-05-20T10:20:18.503-0500
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite', ...  (23 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite, payload: {"id":192,"isOn":"off"}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/action', ...  (50 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/action, payload: {"action":{"val":0,"name":"ready","desc":"Ready"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/lightingTheme', ...  (98 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/lightingTheme, payload: {"lightingTheme":{"val":196,"name":"white","desc":"White","types":["intellibrite"],"sequence":11}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/type', ...  (62 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/type, payload: {"type":{"val":3,"name":"intellibrite","desc":"IntelliBrite"}}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/endTime', ...  (16 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/lightgroups/192/intellibrite/endTime, payload: {"endTime":null}
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r1, m0), 'easytouch2-4/alias', ...  (4 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/alias, payload: null
   Reloading plugin "MQTT Shims 2022.0.1" using API v3.0
   Stopping plugin "MQTT Shims 2022.0.1" (pid 41587)
   MQTT Shims Debug                stop_concurrent_thread called
   MQTT Shims Debug                stop_concurrent_thread called
   MQTT Shims                      Pool Temp: Stopping Device
   MQTT Shims                      Shutting down MQTT Shims
   Stopped plugin "MQTT Shims 2022.0.1"
   Starting plugin "MQTT Shims 2022.0.1" (pid 43865)
   MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r0, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/temps/waterSensor1', ...  (11 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/waterSensor1, payload: {"temp":87}
   Started plugin "MQTT Shims 2022.0.1"
   MQTT Shims                      Starting MQTT Shims
   MQTT Shims                      Pool Temp: Starting Device
    MQTT Connector Debug            Received PUBLISH (d0, q0, r0, m0), 'easytouch2-4/state/time', ...  (28 bytes)
   MQTT Connector Debug            MQTT Connector: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/time, payload: 2022-05-20T19:04:43.000-0500

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 7:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Disable the "Library Debugging" checkbox in the MQTT Connector plugin config. You don't want that.

Post a screenshot of your current Trigger, and make sure it's actually enabled. Indigo will log anytime a trigger is actually activated. If the trigger is set up per my screen shot earlier, and you're getting the messages (which the log says you are), then it should fire.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.00.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.00.50 PM.png (18.81 KiB) Viewed 4848 times

My Shims device is set to "MQTT Value Sensor Device", and otherwise looks exactly as the pic from this morning as well. Can someone verify that the Payload Key should be "temp" and not "temps"? (although I've tried both...)

You can see it's "temp". Look at the payload in the log line:

Code: Select all
   MQTT Connector Debug            jltnol MQTT: processReceivedMessage: easytouch2-4/state/temps/waterSensor1, payload: {"temp":82}

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 7:09 pm
cuhouse offline

Also this Any Statement doesn't look correct. Mine just says Any: without the Match:?

Maybe new version?

Edit: Under Match type drop down you have to select Any (wildcard) choice.
Attachments
Screen%20Shot%202022-05-20%20at%2010.25.24%20AM (1).jpg
Screen%20Shot%202022-05-20%20at%2010.25.24%20AM (1).jpg (39.11 KiB) Viewed 4848 times
Last edited by cuhouse on Fri May 20, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 7:11 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Good catch. I'm still jet lagged,.

"Any" is a choice in the "Match Type" popup. It's NOT a string to be entered as a Match.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.12.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.12.04 PM.png (182.73 KiB) Viewed 4846 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 pm
jltnol offline

Ok guys

THAT DID IT.

At first it wasn't working but I figured out there was no change in temps to report. I switched on the pool pump for a few minutes, the registered temp changed, and my Shims device now shows the water temp as expected.

Thank you both for your never ending help.

One last general question: In the end, I'm going to want to get the main pump as an on/off Shims device, something I think I can easily work thru now that I have this working... but generally speaking, will it be possible for Indigo to send on and off messages to turn the pump on and off? In just looking around, I'm guessing this can be done via an Action Group where I "Publish Message". No need to go into huge detail as there are probably plenty of examples for me to look at and read up on, so am just curious if that is the basic idea to make that work.

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 11:08 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jltnol wrote:
One last general question: In the end, I'm going to want to get the main pump as an on/off Shims device, something I think I can easily work thru now that I have this working... but generally speaking, will it be possible for Indigo to send on and off messages to turn the pump on and off? In just looking around, I'm guessing this can be done via an Action Group where I "Publish Message". No need to go into huge detail as there are probably plenty of examples for me to look at and read up on, so am just curious if that is the basic idea to make that work.

When you create the "Switch" type Shim device, there's a section in the config to put in the topic and payload for on and off commands:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 1.07.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 1.07.22 AM.png (75.81 KiB) Viewed 4800 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2022 9:03 am
jltnol offline

Perfect.

I'll work thru this. thanks again for your patience and support.

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2022 3:50 pm
jltnol offline

So try as I might, I am unable to get anything other than the previous field to work. Since I had "waterSensor1" working, getting the "air" Shims device working was easy.

However, I have failed at adding any other devices. Just a quick review, my only Topic Subscription is "easythouch2-4". I was working under the impression that that topic would allow me to gather data from all the data this device collects.

Secondly, on the Trigger side, my matches are "easytouch2-4", "state", "temps", and "Any:" as a wild card. However, whatever else I tried to add to the Matches, broke my existing Shims devices. I really want to get to the easytouch2-4/state/temps/bodies/1/pool device, as that is the main pump. But adding "bodies", and / or "1", and/or "pool" to the Match string all broke the Shims devices that I have working. As I'm writing this it has occurred to me that after adding Match Strings, I may have needed to restart the MQTT Connector Plugin(I didn't), but short of that I don't understand how adding more Match Strings breaks the ones that are already working. All the Matches I added I put in right before the last "Any" wildcard entry.

I have looked at this on GitHub https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-Shims/wiki/Basic-Setup but the examples given use data from what I'm guessing is a terminal command, so I was unable to compare and contrast between the two in any meaningful way.

1. So why does adding Match Strings break my existing devices?
2. What Matches do I need to add, if any, to gather data from the aforementioned "pool" device?
3. What might the Shims settings be for this On/Off device?

I'm assuming the Topic Field should be "5", and the Unique ID Value should be "pool", but in looking at the JSON field, I am a loss as to what the Payload Key should be. Halfway guessing the "On Value" should be "on", but don't know about the "Action Topic", but tried "isOn". Of course, none of this worked.

I've also looked the Shims Forum here, but haven't found anything that looks close enough for me to mimic to get this to work..

So as always, any suggestions are appreciated...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 4.20.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 4.20.55 PM.png (367.72 KiB) Viewed 4718 times

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2022 3:55 pm
FlyingDiver offline

First question - are you creating a NEW trigger with the NEW match strings for your NEW topic? And using a NEW (ie different) message type? Because that's what you need to do when you have different device types. Both of your temperature sensors were the same device type, just with different names (therefor different unique ID values).

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2022 8:18 pm
jltnol offline

So I wasn't creating a new trigger, based on my understanding that one trigger could do all the work needed. It never occurred to me to create a 2nd trigger because I don't see how to differentiate between triggers when it comes to the Shims Device. And as far as "Message Type", that would seem to indicate I also need to create a new MQTT Connector device with a different Message Type as well?
But maybe I missed something... ?
Last edited by jltnol on Wed May 25, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.