Configuring Remotes (Hue or Ikea)

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:58 am
neilk offline

Configuring Remotes (Hue or Ikea)

I suspect this is me missing the obvious but I have successfully got SHIMS defined for the Ikea and Hue remotes and the device state "action" reflects the button press for example "toggle"

Neither of these devices have the option to reset the state, so at present my trigger on the device state does not fire if I press the "toggle" button again as the state has not changed (or indeed for any repeated button press)

If I trigger on any message, I presume a battery or link quality could also generate a false presses as the payload does not appear to differentiate. The earlier thread I saw on this, the remote had a option to reset the state.

I am sure I can build some conditional logic to trap this with variables and delayed actions but am I missing something obvious ?

I guess it could be a simple plugin to make it easier to manage which I am happy to think about, but hate a horrible feeling I am just being stupid.

Neil

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:25 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Configuring Remotes (Hue or Ikea)

Try triggering on any message, and set a conditional on the trigger for action = toggle.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1