Multiple topics mapped to same Indigo Shim device?

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:04 pm
autolog offline

Multiple topics mapped to same Indigo Shim device?

If I have messages such as:
Topic = topic1/device1/temperature, Raw payload = 24.50
Topic = topic1/device1/humidity, Raw payload = 80
Topic = topic1/device1/battery, Raw payload = 100
Is it possible to define a Shim for device1 and get the temperature mapped to the main UI state and the battery added as states of that device. Also if I was to create an equivalent humidity device based on device1, could I also get the battery mapped to a state for that device as well?

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Multiple topics mapped to same Indigo Shim device?

No, not with individual topics with raw payloads. You can only get multiple values per device with JSON payloads.

I think. Let me check something...

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:14 pm
FlyingDiver offline

On second thought, this is probably a good place to try out the somewhat experimental aggregator feature in the connector plugin.

Use the Connector Plugin menu command "Manage aggregators". Create an aggregator with the topic base "topic1/device1". The get the device to emit all the possible topics/payloads. Then use the menu command "Print aggregator data to log". That'll show what the payload for that topic will be if you set up a trigger to send it to a shim.

Just be warned that the key paths for the various fields in the payload are not what you might think they would be. Look at the payload carefully.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:39 pm
autolog offline

Trying it out now. :D

I am getting the payload:
Code: Select all
{"topics": {"battery": {"payload": 100}, "temperature": {"payload": 28.41}, "humidity": {"payload": 30}}}

What is the best way to set-up the Shim to pull out the three states: Battery, Temperature and Humidity?

I have tried this:
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 18.36.11.png
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 18.36.11.png (107.94 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
but I am getting an error:
Code: Select all
   Trigger                         he-temperature-02
   MQTT Shims Debug                received notification of MQTT message type ##he-temperature-02## from MQTT Connector
   MQTT Shims Debug                received notification of MQTT message type ##he-temperature-02## from MQTT Connector
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: processMessages: '##he-temperature-02##' hubitat/home-hub-000d/he-temperature-02-sonoff-201 -> {"topics": {"battery": {"payload": 100}, "temperature": {"payload": 28.41}, "humidity": {"payload": 30}}}
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: update topic message_address = he-temperature-02-sonoff-201
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: update state_location_payload, key = topics.temperature.payload
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict key_string = topics.temperature.payload, data_dict= {u'topics': {u'battery': {u'payload': 100}, u'temperature': {u'payload': 28.41}, u'humidity': {u'payload': 30}}}
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict split[0] = topics, split[1] = temperature.payload
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict key_string = temperature.payload, data_dict= {u'battery': {u'payload': 100}, u'temperature': {u'payload': 28.41}, u'humidity': {u'payload': 30}}
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict split[0] = temperature, split[1] = payload
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict key_string = payload, data_dict= {u'payload': 28.41}
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: shimValueSensor, key = topics.temperature.payload, data = {u'topics': {u'battery': {u'payload': 100}, u'temperature': {u'payload': 28.41}, u'humidity': {u'payload': 30}}}, value = 28.41
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: update adjustmentFunction: ''
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: Updating state to 28.41
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict key_string = topics.battery.payload, data_dict= {u'topics': {u'battery': {u'payload': 100}, u'temperature': {u'payload': 28.41}, u'humidity': {u'payload': 30}}}
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict split[0] = topics, split[1] = battery.payload
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict key_string = battery.payload, data_dict= {u'battery': {u'payload': 100}, u'temperature': {u'payload': 28.41}, u'humidity': {u'payload': 30}}
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict split[0] = battery, split[1] = payload
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict key_string = payload, data_dict= {u'payload': 100}
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: update state_dict_payload_key, key = topics
   MQTT Shims Debug                recurseDict key_string = topics, data_dict= {u'topics': {u'battery': {u'payload': 100}, u'temperature': {u'payload': 28.41}, u'humidity': {u'payload': 30}}}
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: update, new states_list: Item : (list)
     Item : battery (string)
     Item : temperature (string)
     Item : humidity (string)
   MQTT Shims Debug                he-temperature-02: getDeviceStateList returning: States : (list)
     Item : (dict)
          Disabled : false (bool)
          Key : battery (string)
          StateLabel : battery (string)
          TriggerLabel : battery (string)
          Type : 150 (integer)
          Key : temperature (string)
          StateLabel : temperature (string)
          TriggerLabel : temperature (string)
          Key : humidity (string)
          StateLabel : humidity (string)
          TriggerLabel : humidity (string)
   MQTT Shims Error                Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 115, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 139, in processMessages
  File "plugin.py", line 742, in update
TypeError: state value type must be bool, int, real, or string

MQTT Shims Error                plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   SQL Logger                      adding column "batterylevel_ui" to table device_history_1363320665 ("he-temperature-02")
   SQL Logger                      adding column "battery" to table device_history_1363320665 ("he-temperature-02")
   SQL Logger                      adding column "humidity" to table device_history_1363320665 ("he-temperature-02")
   SQL Logger                      adding column "temperature" to table device_history_1363320665 ("he-temperature-02")

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You won't be able to use multi-states because of the way the payloads are nested. But you should be able to define a temp shim and a humidity shim, both showing battery status.

I had to do it that way because of varying topic lengths for the same topic base.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 pm
autolog offline

I removed topics from Multi-States Key and am now getting this:
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 19.00.53.png
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 19.00.53.png (39.8 KiB) Viewed 1727 times

The custom states are listed but empty.
The battery status is being shown as 100% OK.

Is this what you would expect?

It will work for me in its current state. :D

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:07 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, it created those states before you changed the setup, but it wasn't able to populate them. If you created this device from scratch without the multi-states field, they wouldn't be there.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:09 pm
autolog offline

Ok - thanks. :D

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:26 pm
autolog offline

As you suggested, I deleted and recreated the devices and now it is working perfectly.

The aggregator is a useful and nice feature! :)

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 21.21.27.png
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 21.21.27.png (41.8 KiB) Viewed 1649 times

No custom states now listed and both Indigo devices running off the same source device, a Sonoff temperature sensor. :D

Page 1 of 1