zigbee2mqtt & zigbee USB for Hue bulbs

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:01 am
siclark offline

Re: zigbee2mqtt & zigbee USB for Hue bulbs

Thanks for the Joe. Speedy turn around and yes it solved the issue with the indigo icon but it broke something else. None of my actions work anymore on them. I think it’s setting brightness to turn on when off, which is the work around I had built.
Need to find time to debug exact cases but had very annoyed wife who couldn’t turn off lights last night so had to revert to older version.

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:43 am
FlyingDiver offline

When you can, grab the logs and post the exact sequence of events for me.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:00 am
cesarvog offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Ok, I was able to replicate the behaviors based on the payloads Cesar posted. Here's what's going on, as best I can tell. I'm using some shorthand for the commands.

When turning on the device using ON/100, all works as expected, and the status reply from the bridge also reports ON/100.

When turning off the device using OFF/(any), the device turns off, but the status replay from the bridge is OFF/(previous brightness level). The bridge ignores the brightness when it gets an OFF.

When turning off the device using ON/0, the bridge (or actual device) interprets this correctly and the status reply is OFF/0.

The problem is that Indigo uses the brightness value to override the on/off state. When I set the (Indigo) device's state to OFF/100, the non-zero brightness causes the state to be ON. I set both states in the same update.

I can understand why the bridge retains the brightness level, so going ON->OFF->ON would go back to the original brightness.

I think the best thing here is for the plugin to only update the brightness level if the state is ON.

Try this pre-release: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/Indigo-S ... /tag/0.3.8

Hello everyone, hope you are all safe and enjoying some family time.

Joe, I'm not sure, but maybe a similar rationale applies to the dimmer type of shim device, as the Indigo GUI Icon stays off.

TIA
Cesar

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:02 am
FlyingDiver offline

cesarvog wrote:
Hello everyone, hope you are all safe and enjoying some family time.

Joe, I'm not sure, but maybe a similar rationale applies to the dimmer type of shim device, as the Indigo GUI Icon stays off.

Did you update to 0.4.0? The fix is there for both color and dimmer devices in that version.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:20 am
cesarvog offline

Sorry, scratch that. I needed some caffeine to boot from slumber the only 2 functional neurons in my old brain...

Yes, 0.4.0 is working nicely for both color and dimmer devices. I had defined the dimmer device with missing info..