Sense errors

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:10 am
norcoscia offline

Sense errors

Last few days (or maybe a bit longer) my log is filled with the errors below - not sure what changed - reloading the plug-in does not help — I’m on latest version of indigo

Sense Home Energy Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 281, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 158, in getDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 45, in update_realtime
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 56, in get_realtime_stream
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_core.py", line 514, in create_connection
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_core.py", line 222, in connect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_http.py", line 112, in connect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_http.py", line 154, in _get_addrinfo_list
type: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Sense Home Energy Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:22 pm
tatrog offline

Re: Sense errors

I have noticed the same the past week or so. For me I found that I had multiple sense devices with the same or very similar names. The developer added a great feature to help with this. Go to configure plugin and select the debug at the very top. This will output a list in your log window of devices that may have the same or very similar name. For example I had two heat pump devices just the other day. It appears that sense is changing names or updating devices as I have not added or changed anything in months. NOTE: If you find a duplicate device name you need to change it in the sense app NOT in indigo. I changed one of my heat pump devices to "heat pump1" and that solved my error issues. Honestly the way sense does it naming is a bit of an irritation to me.

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:36 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks I’ll give that a shot - wish I could tell sense to stop creating new devices and better manage the ones I have….

Edit - yes, that fixed it, thanks again :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:34 pm
howartp offline

Thanks @tatrog!

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:29 pm
tatrog offline

I started getting errors a few weeks back. I can reload the plugin and it wants to work for a few hours and then starts back in with the below. I turned on debug and don't have any device name conflicts. Thoughts?

Sense Home Energy Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Sense Home Energy Debug logging disabled
Sense Home Energy Error Could not create Core device.
Sense Home Energy Error Error in plugin execution UiClosed1:

File "plugin.py", line 83, in closedPrefsConfigUi
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 45, in update_realtime
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 56, in get_realtime_stream
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_core.py", line 514, in create_connection
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_core.py", line 222, in connect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_http.py", line 112, in connect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_http.py", line 154, in _get_addrinfo_list

Sense Home Energy Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 281, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 45, in update_realtime
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 56, in get_realtime_stream
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_core.py", line 514, in create_connection
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_core.py", line 222, in connect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_http.py", line 112, in connect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Sense 12.52.29 PM.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/websocket/_http.py", line 154, in _get_addrinfo_list

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:53 am
howartp offline

I’ll have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:10 pm
norcoscia offline

I was having so many errors I had to just disable the plug-in :-(

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:56 pm
howartp offline

tatrog wrote:
I started getting errors a few weeks back. I can reload the plugin and it wants to work for a few hours and then starts back in with the below. I turned on debug and don't have any device name conflicts. Thoughts?

If you google that error, "nodename nor servname provided", it's nothing to do with the Sense plugin. Within the plugin, the error is occurring in the HTTP connection routines, before any Sense devices/data are involved.

At a basic level it's saying it can't contact Sense's website.

At a technical level, Google results appear to imply that addressing by IP often works where addressing by hostname doesn't, hence blaming DNS lookups on your own network.

I don't use Sense so I usually have the plugin disabled; i've just enabled it and will keep an eye on the event logs over the next few days.

Peter

Page 1 of 1