New version 1.0.9 released

Posted on
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:58 pm
howartp offline

New version 1.0.9 released

Hi everyone.

I've just pushed 1.0.9 to github.

This release is a fresh look at the API and a fresh look at how I was handling issues.

Due to the messy API and poor earlier implementation by the Sense developers, I previously blamed a lot of issues with this plugin on them. In actual fact, many of them were mistakes I was making when trying to handle their mess.

I have now re-done this plugin and checked as many of the failing scenarios that users were experiencing as I can; I understand why they were happening and i've therefore been able to handle them correctly.

If any users have been turned away from this plugin I encourage you to try it again; I hope you will find a much more stable plugin that you can use reliably going forward.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:43 am
norcoscia offline

Re: New version 1.0.9 released

Thanks for this - can I just install it or do I need to do anything to the current setup I have running now!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:06 am
howartp offline

Should just update in-situ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:16 am
norcoscia offline

Working great so far - thanks again!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:53 am
tatrog offline

Did upgrade to 1.0.9 yesterday. All was fine until today when I started getting the following error.

It appears the devices are still updating.

ar 29, 2022 at 1:44:35 PM
Sense Home Energy Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 269, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 161, in getDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 79, in update_trend_data
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 75, in get_trend_data
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 88, in api_call
SenseAPITimeoutException: API call timed out

Sense Home Energy Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:31 pm
howartp offline

Hi

It looks like the default timeout for the Sense plugin (waiting for a response from the Sense API) is 5 seconds.

I have tidied up that error so it just warns you about the timeout rather than throwing big errors, but let me know if it continues and i'll increase (or allow you to customise) the timeout within the plugin.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:37 pm
howartp offline

I've actually just knocked the timeout on my copy down to 0.5 seconds to test it, but can't get the API to timeout - so I suspect there was an intermittent error at their end at the time you were getting those errors.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:21 pm
tatrog offline

I tend to think the same. I was reading a few Sense boards and it appears they are doing some overhaul on the backend. Thanks for the version updates!!

Page 1 of 1