New error today

Posted on
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:51 am
norcoscia offline

New error today

I just noticed this in my log - had not seen it before?

Sense Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 194, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 126, in getDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 79, in update_trend_data
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 75, in get_trend_data
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 88, in api_call
SenseAPITimeoutException: API call timed out

Sense Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:13 pm
johnpolasek offline

Re: New error today

Just downloaded and configured 1.0.4. Created a Sense folder in Devices and set the user name and password correctly and used "Sense" as the folder name. However, I am no getting a different error than the earlier one:

File "plugin.py", line 120, in getDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 45, in update_realtime
AttributeError: 'Senseable' object has no attribute 'sense_monitor_id'

Sense Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 45, in update_realtime

What have I missed?

Posted on
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:24 pm
norcoscia offline

Did you right click on the device folder and copy the ID into the folder for sense device creation field (in the configuration settings) - I think that was something I got wrong when I first installed it but can not really remember....

PS. The folks over at sense asked that we keep the Max rate at 60 or more so it does not drag down their server.
Attachments
2019-06-17_17-24-36.jpeg
2019-06-17_17-24-36.jpeg (14.26 KiB) Viewed 4397 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 am
johnpolasek offline

Thanks. I used the name, not the ID... I'll try that when I get home; I was afraid I needed to somehow put in the serial or IP of the Sense monitor somewhere... I got no problems kicking it up to a couple of minutes since the main purpose is to keep track of when the washer/dryer/dishwasher are running.

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:45 am
howartp offline

Yeah I should do a bit more documentation for that...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 pm
johnpolasek offline

Still no joy. copied the ID and pasted it and reset the interval to 90 seconds then reloaded the plugin...

Stopping plugin "Sense 1.0.4" (pid 38920)
Stopped plugin "Sense 1.0.4"
Starting plugin "Sense 1.0.4" (pid 39135)
Started plugin "Sense 1.0.4"
Sense Error Error in plugin execution startup:

File "plugin.py", line 83, in startup
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Plugins/Sense.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/sense_energy/senseable.py", line 27, in authenticate
Exception: Connection failure: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:590)

And yes, I have verified the login name and password.

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 pm
howartp offline

Ah, are you on High Sierra?

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 pm
norcoscia offline

Did you restart - I seem to remember having to do that, just not sure if it was the plug-in or the whole server

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:32 pm
howartp offline

Nah, I’m pretty sure that SSL error is because he’s still on Sierra or below.

Apple don’t support SSL3 until High Sierra, so any plugins communicating with online services such as Sense, Nest, IFTTT, etc etc will slowly find themselves failing for users < High Sierra.

Including me when I started writing the plugin!

Posted on
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:34 am
johnpolasek offline

Yes, we're still running Sierra.,.. I'll try shutting down the Indigo server and bringing it back up, but we may be stuck till we upgrade. I can remember a time when Jay was warning everybody NOT to upgrade...

Posted on
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 am
howartp offline

Jay rightly warns everyone when new releases come out.

High Sierra is 2 years old now, and Mojave is 12 months old!

(It’s actually Mojave I’m on now - think I jumped HS)

Posted on
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

johnpolasek wrote:
Yes, we're still running Sierra.,.. I'll try shutting down the Indigo server and bringing it back up, but we may be stuck till we upgrade. I can remember a time when Jay was warning everybody NOT to upgrade...

We warn everyone about upgrading immediately after a new macOS version is released, because we don't know what kind of hidden bugs there are. For instance, we at first didn't understand that High Sierra had the driver bugs that some people experience until after about 3 months had passed (there will always be users who upgrade regardless or developers who do for testing). Once an OS release has been out for a while, and we've had a chance to document any potential issues (or not!), then you can upgrade based on what we've presented and what your risk/reward tolerance is.

Right now, there is an unfortunate tradeoff: upgrade to High Sierra or Mojave to get upgraded TLS/SSL support that some websites/plugins require but risk that your older Mac (seems to be older ones but we can't really nail down anything specific) will have the driver bug, or stick with Sierra, hope that Apple fixes the bugs in Catalina, and not use any plugins that require newer TLS/SSL support.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:45 am
johnpolasek offline

howartp wrote:
Jay rightly warns everyone when new releases come out.

High Sierra is 2 years old now, and Mojave is 12 months old!

(It’s actually Mojave I’m on now - think I jumped HS)

The problem is that the MAC that runs Indigo (and Plex and Weathersnoop) is 5 years old and as Jay notes, much more susceptible to USB driver problems; it's a perpetual problem with MACs that (like old HPs on the Windows side) they keep performing so well long after EoL that it's hard to justify replacing them.

Posted on
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:20 pm
johnpolasek offline

Well, updated to high sierra today and everything seems to be working... PowerModem, RFX, Weathersnoop, Z-wave all survived. And the sense gets further... when I enabled debug it seems to be getting total power, but then fails with no devices found... even though a "Total Power" device was created in the folder which shows 0 watts rather than the 4KW the debug shows
Sense Debug Active: 4529.15087891w
Sense Debug Daily: 40.40648kw

File "plugin.py", line 131, in getDevices
KeyError: 'core'

Sense Debug Active: 4529.15087891w
Sense Debug Daily: 40.40648kw

File "plugin.py", line 131, in getDevices
KeyError: 'core'

Any Ideas?

Posted on
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:50 pm
howartp offline

You say you've got a "Total Power" - is this the "Active Total" device?

If so, look at the states (scroll down under Device Details: Last Update 2019-07-01 20:48:52).

Does it have an "id" state, and is the value "core"?

If so, restarting the plugin or stopping/starting that "Active Total" device should automatically fix the error you have...

Page 1 of 1