Is there a simple way to do math on devices with the plugin

Posted on
Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 am
norcoscia offline

Is there a simple way to do math on devices with the plugin

Everything is working great, I have a trigger set up to notify me when total usage goes up past 5000KWH and it works great. What I'm trying to understand is how to have the trigger subtract the value of the Sense dryer value from the total active power number. My dryer is electric so it pulls >5KWH by it self. I would like to do something like this. (Not sure if it needs to be a script or if there is a way to do it in the Sense plug-in or if you have another plug-in that would do it).

Trigger if -- Dryer Power minus Active power > 5000KWH

Thanks again for a great plug in!!!!!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun May 26, 2019 7:56 am
howartp offline

Re: Is there a simple way to do math on devices with the plu

I think this needs two approaches.

If you as an individual need complex maths like that, then a regular trigger script that sets a variable to Total-Dryer would be involved.

What I will look at for a generic plugin feature is a 2nd "Active Total" device with the ability to exclude Sense device(s) from its total, so if other plugin users have a known-hungry or faulty device that skews the data/graphs, they (and you) can graph and trigger the total excluding those devices (in your case the Dryer).

Peter

Posted on
Sun May 26, 2019 8:03 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks - it would be great to somehow get the drier out of the total since it is the only super hungry electric appliance I have but -- I have not turned on the AC yet :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed May 29, 2019 7:50 am
norcoscia offline

I figured out how to accomplish this with the trigger conditions - so easy :-)

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1