roon 2.0 breaks plugin?

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:15 pm
dtich offline

roon 2.0 breaks plugin?

hi, upgraded to roon 2.0, far as i know not much internal changed, but they now serve through the arc app remotely.

the new standard port is 55000 or 55002 as so happens when you hit 'reset' on the arc config page. roon is working for me, but the plugin hangs. can't connect or control. all zones say disconnected. i have tried 55000 port, didn't work. can't get back in to config the plugin to switch to 55002.

do we think this is the only issue, or could there be more complications?

thanks!!

Code: Select all
Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller for request UiGetValues1
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:26 pm
dtich offline

Re: roon 2.0 breaks plugin?

how can i change the port if the plugin hangs on config and never opens the popup? i've reinstalled it and restarted all. no change.

thx!

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:55 pm
dtich offline

went into plugin.py and changed the 3 places where i found the port hardcoded.. no luck.

is this an issue because perhaps roon has now encrypted it's socket?

or does roon need a reauthorization? i can't even remember how to authorize the plugin.

thanks...

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:27 am
autolog offline

I have updated to Roon 2.0 and the Roon plugin is still working on my systems, so we need to isolate what is causing your issue.

The port number to use is as shown in the Roon App underSettings > Displays in the Web display URL

My port has remained at 9300. What does you port show as?

The Roon ARC ports are separate from the standard Roon port which the plugin uses to access Roon.

As you have been altering the plugincode, I would suggest you reinstall the plugin to get back to a base we can work from.

I will look at the config not displaying.

In the meantime, once you have discovered your port number to use, you can edit the plugin preferences file to change the port number.
The preference file is at: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller.indiPref
Change the Indigo 2022.1 to the version of Indigo you are using.
Edit the file and change the port number in the line:
<roonCorePort type="string">9300</roonCorePort>

Then restart the plugin and check the authorisation in Roon
To authorise the plugin you go to the Roon App Settings > Extensions and the plugin should be listed there.

Hopefully this will get you going again. :)

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:41 am
dtich offline

jon,

thanks for the response!

yes, my display port still 9300

i changed the prefs to 9300

i changed the 3 spots in plugin.py i changed back to 9300

saved all, reloaded plugin.

all works. easy peasy. thanks jon!

i still haven't tried to open config again as it hung the app last time. i do get an error on plugin load:

Started plugin "Roon 2022.0.0"
   Roon Error                      '74' in module 'plugin.py', method 'print_zone'
   Failing statement [line 1017]: 'zone_print = zone_print     + f"\n                Hard Limit Min: {self.globals[ROON][ZONES][zone_id][OUTPUTS][keyInt][VOLUME][VOLUME_HARD_LIMIT_MIN]}"'
   Roon                            'Roon Controller' initialization complete.

but all works again and i'm sure it was my fault. after installing roon 2.0 i noticed that the volume and controls for roon in indigo pages were n/a, so i reloaded the plugin, and restarted roon core, but no joy. so i changed the port in config to the new arc port (mistake) and that's when the config no longer would load and simply hung the plugin, and nothing worked after that. so i tried changing code. just fyi. anyway, all back now. should have checked that prefs file first, totally forgot. let me know if you'd like me to try something else to narrow down anything for you.

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:58 am
autolog offline

Phew! I am glad it is working again for you (wipes sweat from brow). :lol:

I will investigate that error in due course.

Let me know if anything else goes adrift. :)

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:04 am
dtich offline

this plugin has been GREAT for me, jon. i have many roon endpoints and they are very well integrated in control pages and automation, thanks to your plugin, so. many thanks.

Page 1 of 1