Roon 1.8 [RESOLVED]

Posted on
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:58 pm
autolog offline

Roon 1.8 [RESOLVED]

Looks like the update to Roon 1.8 has broken the plugin. :(

The API has changed slightly - I will look to fix it within a couple of days and release an updated plugin version. :)

Posted on
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:24 am
autolog offline

Re: Roon 1.8 [RESOLVED]

I have uploaded version 0.3.7 to Github and this is now an official release in the Indigo Plugin Store.

Unfortunately and not unexpectedly, the Pyroon library used by the plugin is now Python 3 only and doesn't support Python 2.7 used by Indigo. This means that that this Indigo Plugin is running on an older version of the library that did support Python 2.7. I have had to modify the library to take account of the changes done in the latest Pyroon version to handle the update to Roon 1.8. It also means I can't currently take advantage of any new features offered by the Pyroon library. The investment in my time to try to back-port it to Python 2.7 or create a bridge to Python 3 isn't worth it. However that said, it appears to be working for me. :)

Please note that this release requires Roon 1.8 - I haven't tested it on version 1.7 as I have already upgraded to 1.8, hence why I had to fix this plugin.

All my systems are running on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1. When installing, it may be necessary to authorise the plugin via System Settings > General tab. This may require several plugin reloads.

In addition you may have to enable the Autolog Roon extension. In Roon, go to Settings > Extensions.

Page 1 of 1