Being smart with Roon

Posted on
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:03 pm
Stoutjesdijk offline

Being smart with Roon

Hi all,

I am using the Roon plugin to automatically turn on my amplifier when I start playing music in the LivingRoom zone. This works really well.

The challenge is to turn the amplifier off if Roon has been paused/stopped/disconnected (in other words, NOT 'playing') for more than 10 minutes, and if the amp is still using the Roon input. (We would not want to turn the amplifier off if the missus has just started to watch a movie!)

How would you program this logic? Most of it is pretty straightforward but I am still struggling with the 10-minutes part.

While we're at it, I would like to have at least 15 seconds of time between turning OFF the amplifier, and turning it back ON again. Same trick I suppose, but how?

Maybe I'm just lacking some creativity, but I'd love to hear how this could be done. And also, other smart stuff with the Roon plugin :D

Thanks
Mark

Best regards,

Mark

Trying to tie it all together...
| Indigo | Plex | NAD M33 | Unifi | LG WebOS | Tado | Sonos | SolarEdge | HUE |

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 pm
autolog offline

Re: Being smart with Roon

The Timers & Pesters plugin might help?

Presumably you have a state somewhere that tells you what input your AV Amp is connected to?

Posted on
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 am
Stoutjesdijk offline

Re: Being smart with Roon

The timer/pester plugin does just the thing, thanks! I'll have to work on reading the current input of the amplifier, this does not work well at the moment.

Best regards,

Mark

Trying to tie it all together...
| Indigo | Plex | NAD M33 | Unifi | LG WebOS | Tado | Sonos | SolarEdge | HUE |

Page 1 of 1