Roon Controller Plugin BETA Notes

Posted on
Thu May 02, 2019 9:05 am
autolog offline

Roon Controller Plugin BETA Notes

I will keep all versions available during the early beta stages so that it will be possible to reverse an update of the plugin if needed.

My Roon Core is running on my Indigo iMac (2017) under Mojave 10.14.4 and that is the system I have been testing and using the plugin on.

As there is no documentation for the plugin at the moment, here are some notes on how to get started:
  • The plugin config is fairly self-explanatory (I think)
  • I would suggest that you turn on the Auto-Create option in the plugin config
  • There two plugin device types: Output and Zone
  • Outputs are given addresses such as OUT-1, OUT-2 etc
  • Zones are given addresses such as ZONE-A-1, Zone-B-2 (where the trailing number indicates the number of Roon devices in the Zone group.
  • Artist images and album images can be located in the following folder path: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller/ (Indigo 7.3 example). Each Zone has its own folder (e.g. ZONE-A-1) with an album image and five artist images. There is also a text file whose only purpose it to give you an indication of the Zone name (e.g. _ROON ZONE - STUDY.txt). If the album cover or any of the artist images are not available, a default is used. So to specify an image in a Control Page, use the form: file:///Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.3/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller/ZONE-A-1/Album_Image.png
  • Custom device states can be used to display info in Control Pages.

Now the health warning: There are still bugs in it (hopefully no show stoppers). At the moment, if you restart the Roon Core, you should reload the plugin once the Roon Core has started.

I have started a new thread in the Roon forum for beta feedback. Please use this to request enhancements and notify bugs etc. Thanks. :)

Page 1 of 1