Roon Controller Plugin Beta feedback.

Posted on
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:50 am
autolog offline

Re: Roon plugin feature request

chickenlittle wrote:
. ....It would be great if there was was one Roon Plugin control that would send one transport or volume adjust to all currently discovered and updated roon output devices and roon zones.

Eg, I want to use one action group to pause all roon outputs or zones at the same time so it doesn't matter what output or combination of outputs (zones) I happen to be listening to at any give time.

same with volume controls.

See the V 02.2. announcement, I have added in a Mute All action as a very first step in doing this - I will now look at the other functions. :)

Posted on
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:08 pm
chickenlittle offline

Re: Roon Controller Plugin Beta feedback.

Haven't been on this thread for awhile.

The problem is if the IP address of the Roon core changes, the Roon plugin won't load and, therefore, I'm unable to reconfigure the correct new IP address.
I just had this happen again. This time, I found your preferences file and changed the IP address there.
I then had to stop and restart the Indigo server and that fixed the problem.
What I'll do now, of course, is set the Roon core to a fixed IP in my router so this doesn't happen again.

Posted on
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:09 pm
chickenlittle offline

Thanks for the update with pause all!

Posted on
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:30 pm
autolog offline

chickenlittle wrote:
... The problem is if the IP address of the Roon core changes, the Roon plugin won't load and, therefore, I'm unable to reconfigure the correct new IP address.
I just had this happen again. This time, I found your preferences file and changed the IP address there.
I then had to stop and restart the Indigo server and that fixed the problem.
What I'll do now, of course, is set the Roon core to a fixed IP in my router so this doesn't happen again.

I have always used my Roon Core on my Indigo iMac which has a fixed IP.

When you say "The problem is if the IP address of the Roon core changes, the Roon plugin won't load", what happens, is an error produced and if so what does it say?

It isn't a situation I can easily test. :)

Posted on
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:05 am
chickenlittle offline

I didn't get an error message. It would just get stuck on "loading plugin" or some such message.
I'd shut down the plugin and retry and get stuck at the same place.
No way to get out of the loop other than changing the IP in your preferences file.

I just went to see if I could find the messages in my log, but its to distant, in part because I'm getting all these Roon error messages.
However, the plugin seems to be working with my apple watch/roon setup.

Roon Error 'printKnownZonesSummary' error detected. Line '495' has error=''ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 15: ordinal not in range(128)'
Roon Error 'printKnownZonesSummary' error detected. Line '495' has error=''ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 15: ordinal not in range(128)'
Roon Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1522, in deviceUpdated
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1165, in deviceUpdated
File "plugin.py", line 2072, in didDeviceCommPropertyChange
KeyError: key dynamicGroupedZoneRename not found in dict

Roon Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1165, in deviceUpdated

Roon Error 'processImage' error detected. Line '2499' has error: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Roon.indigoPlugin/Contents/Resources//Artist_Image.png''
Roon Error 'processImage' error detected. Line '2499' has error: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Roon.indigoPlugin/Contents/Resources//Artist_Image.png''

Posted on
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:57 pm
autolog offline

I will take a look at the errors and see if I can fix them. :)

Posted on
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:07 pm
autolog offline

chickenlittle wrote:

Regarding this error, as an immediate fix you could try doing a device edit on each of your Indigo Roon Zone devices and save it. That should hopefully initialise the value. In the meanwhile I will work on a permanent fix. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:45 pm
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
I will take a look at the errors and see if I can fix them. :)

I have now hopefully done that and new version uploaded to the Indigo Plugin Store. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:49 pm
chickenlittle offline

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:43 pm
chickenlittle offline

It's functioning, but getting the following errors.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:42:16 PM
Action Group Roon Next
Roon Zone 'Roon Zone - Rock Schiit Modi 3' advanced to next track.
Roon Error 'processImage' error detected. Line '2508' has error: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Roon.indigoPlugin/Contents/Resources/Artist_Image.png''
Roon Error 'processImage' error detected. Line '2508' has error: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Roon.indigoPlugin/Contents/Resources/Artist_Image.png''
Action Group Roon Pause
Roon Zone 'Roon Zone - Rock Schiit Modi 3' playback paused.
Action Group Roon Play
Roon Zone 'Roon Zone - Rock Schiit Modi 3' playback started.

Posted on
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:26 am
autolog offline

chickenlittle wrote:
It's functioning, but getting the following errors.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:42:16 PM
Action Group Roon Next
Roon Zone 'Roon Zone - Rock Schiit Modi 3' advanced to next track.
Roon Error 'processImage' error detected. Line '2508' has error: '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Roon.indigoPlugin/Contents/Resources/Artist_Image.png'' ...'

I am a confused as to why this error is happening. :?

If you go to finder and go to the main menu item Go > Go to Folder... and enter /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Roon.indigoPlugin/Contents/Resources does this display a folder and if so what are the contents?

Is the plugin in /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins named Roon.indigoPlugin?

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:03 pm
outsidenwnc offline

This is Awesome!

Could you provide a few tips how to add 'what's playing' image to Control Page?

My setup is pretty much same as yours autolog however I'm starting to move from Bluesound/ BluOS to other hardware.

(did I mention this is awesome?)

Posted on
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:32 am
autolog offline

outsidenwnc wrote:
This is Awesome!

Could you provide a few tips how to add 'what's playing' image to Control Page?

My setup is pretty much same as yours autolog however I'm starting to move from Bluesound/ BluOS to other hardware.

(did I mention this is awesome?)

Glad you are enjoying the plugin. :D

If you navigate to the folder /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller you will see a series of folders named e.g. ZONE-A-1, ZONE-B-1, ZONE-C-2 etc. The trailing number is a count of the number of Roon Outputs in the Zone. If you expand each folder you will see it contains a text file of the form e.g. _ROON ZONE - STUDY.txt which helps you identify the zone. The folder also contains the album and artist images.

In the Control Panel setup a Refreshing Image URL with a URL of the form:
Code: Select all
file:///Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller/<ZONE FOLDER>/<IMAGE NAME>.png
where <ZONE FOLDER> is e.g. ZONE-A-1 and <IMAGE NAME> is one of Album_Image, Artist_Image_1, ... Artist_Image_5. If any images are missing you will get a placeholder image.

When setting up the Refreshing Image URL set the image size to square e.g. 400 x 400, 300 x 300 etc. You also need to specify a Refresh rate of say 5 seconds so that the image refreshes when the album / track changes.

Hopefully this will be enough to get you going? Let me know if not. :)

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:09 am
outsidenwnc offline

Got it- Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:21 pm
Sierra offline

Been using this plugin for some time to adjust some scenes when playing music. However I have noticed very high Mem usage (about 7TB...).

I have reinstalled the plugin but same issues. Any one else has have same issue and and advice on how to solve it?

Tx