Error presents and lights turn off without provocation

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 pm
charliticus offline

Error presents and lights turn off without provocation

I'm using the Sylvania hub and have 2 devices in the same group. everything works brilliantly as expected, but every 10-20 minutes one device turns off and the log gives an error.

Nov 30, 2020, 6:01:09 PM
Sylvania Lightify runConcurrentThread - ATTEMPTED to turn off bulb - out of sync with group: Studio Ceiling Strips W/C, updated status =<light: Studio East>, on=0
Sylvania Lightify runConcurrentThread - ATTEMPTED to turn off bulb - out of sync with group: Studio Ceiling Strips W/C, updated status =<light: Studio West>, on=0

no other action happens at all in the system, no schedules or triggers or anything. indigo is completely idle. plugin version is 1.0.5 it looks like. indigo is 7.4.

thank you!

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:16 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Re: Error presents and lights turn off without provocation

@charliticus - the stated message results when the plugin determines that 1 or more bulbs in the Lightify Group is not in sync with the group ON/OFF state.. The plugin is trying to sync-up the bulb states with the group.. For example:
* Group State is OFF .. 1 or more bulbs is ON - In this case the plugin tries to turn the bulbs OFF
* Group State is ON .. 1 or more bulbs is OFF - In this case the plugin tries to turn the bulbs ON

This can happen in the following scenarios:
1) changing a bulb on/off outside of the Indigo Plugin - for example via the Lightify App
2) if power is turned off to an individual bulb and it gets out of state - Though you mention the light actually turns OFF - so it must have power

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:30 pm
charliticus offline

That makes sense thank you. This is an action that is recalling a color preset. I’m not using the app at all in the mean time. I will activate the action for a specific color and then some time passes and one of the two lights in the group turns off. Can you suggest a change in the programming or do you need some more specific information?

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:27 am
rbdubz3 offline

Can you describe the Action in a bit more detail? Is it using the plugin to change colors for the entire group?

Another possibility here is related to poor communication with the Hub and bulbs.. Do you occasionally observe that 1 or more of the bulbs in a group becomes 'unreachable' or no longer responsive? I've seen this on some of my bulbs - usually the ones I have in my outdoor fixtures (though the bulbs aren't actually rated for outdoor use). If this is the case you'd likely see them as unreachable in the Sylvania Lightify mobile app as well.

BTW - Forgot to mention - the errors/messages you report would occur at a 30 minute interval.. The plugin isn't very sophisticated in terms of when/how it attempts to 'sync' bulbs with the group.. So at present it just wakes up every 30 min to perform the sync-up

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:57 am
charliticus offline

NOOOOPE
Last edited by charliticus on Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:18 pm
charliticus offline

Nope.
Nevermind. The lights still turn themselves off.
So these are using driving an LED strip that's RGB and CW/WW. It works fine in the Lightify app. The second device I had created and subsequently deleted was the RGB part of the light. The one fixture I kept was the CW/WW part. I'm sorry, I completely forgot about this until I tried to call a color.
I can't control the color of the strips if I have both boxes "Shows RGB..." "Shows White Temperature..." checked in the "Edit Device Settings" window.
I made the two fixtures, one with RGB checked and the other WW/CW in order to use them.
That worked out with the actions changing colors etc. I disabled the RGB fixture and got somewhat stable white color control. It stayed on all day and then now starts to turn itself off after a while.

Is there more info I can provide to you? The power stays constant and nobody uses the app.

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:05 pm
rbdubz3 offline

If you are always seeing that 'ATTEMPTED to turn off bulb' message when the light turns off, the bulbs are getting outa sync for some reason.

Not sure this will shed any light (no pun intended) - but you can 'Toggle Debugging' to output verbose logging the Plugin, and send along the logging output around the time when you get the message above

Page 1 of 1