Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hue Lights discussion

akimball wrote:
until I accidentally discovered that if I type a couple of keystrokes while holding down the scroll list it jumps right to or near the item I’m searching for. Perhaps you could make use of a similar technique? Thanks for considering the request.

All menus that use standard macOS menu controls do this - it's default behavior. Thus, any menu in config UI should do this as well (as long as the menu items are alphabetized that is).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:20 pm
nsheldon offline

That's actually a feature of the macOS UI. You can do that with any pop-up menu in macOS, as long as the developer who wrote the application uses standard macOS APIs (most do, including Indigo Domotics). The only issue I can see in using this technique with the Preset menu in the Hue Lights plugin dialog is that each preset menu item name begins with an asterisk and preset number followed by the preset name. Only typing an asterisk and first number of the preset would actually bring you to the preset you want. I'd have to think about ways to make both the menu easy to navigate and easy to read.

Posted on
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:31 pm
akimball offline

Who knew :).

I can’t say enough good things about the hue plugin and thanks again.

-Al

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:21 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.11 Posted

• Added the ability to set the total number of Presets from within the Hue Lights plugin configuration window.
  • Added a custom plugin icon to plugin bundle.

@Al: You can now set the total number of Presets to whatever number you want (from 1 Preset up to 100 Presets). The menu Preset naming scheme in the menu hasn't been changed, though, so using the keyboard shortcuts to start typing a Preset name still won't work. But I suspect you'll organize your Presets in such a way that it won't be too hard to find the ones you want anyway.

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:19 pm
balthisar offline

Feature request: can you support a sceneName field in the dictionary for recallScene? This would be useful only for scripts, but it's a lot nicer than peeking into the Hue Hub's API to eek out the scene ID's.

I've hacked together my own solution, but next time I update my plugin, I'll forget about it and overwrite what I changed.

The only challenge is for hubs that have repeated scene names. That kind of invites a longer, alternate discussion, because they probably shouldn't even appear. I think the JSON lastupdated is authoritative, though, and the older ones should probably just be thrown out.

I could try to contribute some code to help make this work...

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for the suggestion.

Based on the questions I've seen here in this thread and other Hue related threads, the repeated scene names issue would be a fairly common problem, which would make naming and recalling specific scenes from within the plugin a somewhat challenging endeavor, especially if you don't want to hide scenes that are on the bridge/hub. Hiding older scenes (e.g. based on the "lastupdated" attribute) would break Indigo actions other users created that used those old scenes.

Of course, that doesn't mean adding that feature can't be done. If you're interested in contributing to writing and updating the plugin, it's available on GitHub at https://github.com/nsheldon/Hue-Lights-Indigo-plugin.

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:04 pm
balthisar offline

nsheldon wrote:
Of course, that doesn't mean adding that feature can't be done. If you're interested in contributing to writing and updating the plugin, it's available on GitHub at https://github.com/nsheldon/Hue-Lights-Indigo-plugin.

Thanks, I'll take a crack at it. Forked, but your repo looks to be a bit out of date! The newest is Indigo-7-API-2.0-support branch, but your plist is indicating version 1.5.1.

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:12 pm
nsheldon offline

I thought I updated it. Sorry. I’ll try to sync that soon. I don’t use GitHub often.

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:31 pm
balthisar offline

nsheldon wrote:
I thought I updated it. Sorry. I’ll try to sync that soon. I don’t use GitHub often.

No problem. I took a stab at it, and issued a PR against your repo.

Instead of modifying recallScene as I mentioned, it seemed like the most logical choice was to added a new action (actually, two) to the Hue Group device type. Actually, this sounds completely unrelated to my original request, but the purpose of the original request was to be able to use recallScene in an action script in order to accomplish exactly what the pull request does: make it simple to cycle through the scenes already installed on the hub. This seems nice, because now I can share it and give it a nice UI rather than write more Python for everything. I think others might find neat uses for this, too.

Currently, the action doesn't discriminate against the owner, only against the correct group members.

Also, first time working with Python other than basic action scripts. Not sure how good my application of the language art is, but it technically works!

Posted on
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:13 pm
henkjanvries offline

Hi I have 5 tradfri E14 dimmable ambient lightbulbs. Could these be added to the plugin? What do you need, or see to get this doen. Happy to beta for you.

Posted on
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:32 pm
nsheldon offline

Once you've paired the lights with the Hue hub, open the Hue app on your mobile device, touch the "Settings" icon at the bottom right, then "Light setup". Find each of your new lights and touch the "i" info icon to the right of each light. In the light information screen, look for the "Model" information and post that in your reply. The model is case sensitive, so be sure to type it exactly as it appears in that screen. If the model is different for each bulb, I'll need the exact model for each one. I'll also need to know what capabilities the lights have (i.e. can they display full color, color temperature, both, or are they just dimmable with no color capabilities at all). I can then add it to the plugin settings and release an update.

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:56 am
henkjanvries offline

Ive got it working, the bulbs needed to be added to the "supporteddevices.py" file in the plugin.
If this can be added in next release: TRADFRI bulb E14 WS opal 400lm

These are ambient lights where you can set temp as well.

Works well!

just to update everyone

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 pm
new2me07 offline

I was just wondering is there a way to active a Hue lab formula remotely or from within indigo? All iI've found is something from smart things saying they use a virtual tap switch or something but not sure how to do the equivalent in indigo.

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 pm
nsheldon offline

I’m not aware of any way to simulate a tap of the center button on the Hue bridge, though that doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist. Requiring a physical action to authorize remote access is a security feature, so I doubt there’s a substitute for pressing that button.

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:18 pm
new2me07 offline

So once you "authorize" hue labs or pair it with the bridge with the center button, it says you can activate the formula via a virtual button on the webpage or set up a hue tap button press. I think once its authorized we would be good to go at least from the Hue labs to bridge perspective. Im not sure what is going on security wise to make that http call? but hope someone knows who to hijack it.

I was just wondering because I got an email today to simulate candlelight (cheap valentines day promo) with a lab formula. I believe it would work one single time on my wife "Alexa, set the mood" candlelight and Keith Sweat and stop the NVR.

Page 56 of 103 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 103