Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:14 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Great! Thanks for the confirmation Chuck.

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 2:05 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.30 Posted

• Added support for another Philips white/color bulb.
  • Added support for more Hue outdoor and floor lamps.

Posted on
Sat May 16, 2020 4:15 pm
Patje73 offline

Hi,

unfortunately I get the following errors when recalling/saving presets:
Failed to get UI list from Plugin
invalidparametererror: plugin does not define method bulbdevicelistgenerator.

reconnecting to hub, reloading does not work.
In the log I found the following:

Hue Lights Error Failed to load sensors list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.6 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.
Hue Lights Error Failed to load lights list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.6 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.
Hue Lights Error Failed to load groups list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.6 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.
Hue Lights Error Failed to load sensors list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.6 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.

Can someone please help?

Thanks...

Posted on
Sat May 16, 2020 8:27 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.31 Posted

• Fixed a bug that would display an error in the Hue Device menu of the Save Preset and Recall Preset plugin menu dialog.

Posted on
Sat May 16, 2020 8:38 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

I just released an update that fixes the bug in the recall and save preset dialog. Thanks for the report.

The other errors about failing to load sensors, lights and groups from the Hue bridge aren't related to the first error related to presets. If the plugin can't load sensors, lights and groups, either the Hue bridge is not responding to requests from the plugin or the plugin is trying to contact the Hue bridge on the wrong IP address. Make sure the IP address in the Hue Lights plugin configuration matches the IP address your router assigned to your Hue bridge. The IP address of the Hue bridge can either be obtained from your router settings or through the Hue app in the Settings -> <your Hue bridge name> -> "i" information disclosure icon. Also be sure that your Hue bridge is up to date with the latest firmware. Older firmware versions were less process efficient and may "throttle back" network connections too quickly, especially for installations with a lot of paired Hue devices. You may also try unplugging power for about 10 seconds to the Hue bridge before plugging it back in to see if this reboot fixes the issue.

Patje73 wrote:
Hi,

unfortunately I get the following errors when recalling/saving presets:
Failed to get UI list from Plugin
invalidparametererror: plugin does not define method bulbdevicelistgenerator.

reconnecting to hub, reloading does not work.
In the log I found the following:

Hue Lights Error Failed to load lights list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.6 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.
Hue Lights Error Failed to load groups list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.6 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.

Can someone please help?

Thanks...

Posted on
Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 am
Patje73 offline

Thank you so much.. :-)

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 7:25 pm
teejay6 offline

Configuring the Hue Dimmer Switch with Indigo Actions

I previously configured a Hue Dimmer Switch to control lamps with LIFX bulbs using Indigo Actions. It works great. I now want to configure another Hue Dimmer Switch for a new lamp with a LIFX bulb, and I can't remember how I did it. The Indigo Actions show up in the custom states for the Hue Dimmer Switch, but there are no configuration options in the Edit Device Settings dialog box. I looked for documentation or examples, but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on
Sat May 30, 2020 2:54 am
nsheldon offline

Are you looking for Triggers in Indigo maybe?

You won't find any actions in a device configuration dialog. But if you want a Hue Dimmer to control some other device in Indigo, such as a LIFX bulb, you'd use triggers for that. A trigger for when the Hue Dimmer Switch ON button was pressed. A trigger for when the Hue Dimmer Switch OFF button was pressed, etc. Each trigger would have an action (such as turn on a LIFX bulb or turn off a LIFX bulb).

Posted on
Sat May 30, 2020 10:10 am
teejay6 offline

That was it, thanks!

Hue only has 800 lumen A19 bulbs. Even though they are more expensive, LIFX has a brighter 1100 lumen bulb, which works better for one of my uses.

The Hue Dimmer Switch remote is a nice compact remote. Being able to add Indigo triggers is incredibly useful.

Posted on
Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm
stkelley03 offline

Hey Nathan,

Is support for the E26 A19 filament bulb added? I know the filament ambiance bulb was listed a few posts back, but my A19s won't show up for me.

Posted on
Sat May 30, 2020 3:17 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi there.

Not sure. If it's not showing up, it probably hasn't been added yet. What's the model ID (as seen in the Hue app)?

stkelley03 wrote:
Hey Nathan,

Is support for the E26 A19 filament bulb added? I know the filament ambiance bulb was listed a few posts back, but my A19s won't show up for me.

Posted on
Sun May 31, 2020 3:38 pm
stkelley03 offline

Looks like its gonna be LWA005.

nsheldon wrote:
Hi there.

Not sure. If it's not showing up, it probably hasn't been added yet. What's the model ID (as seen in the Hue app)?

stkelley03 wrote:
Hey Nathan,

Posted on
Sun May 31, 2020 3:57 pm
nsheldon offline

Got it.

Yea. It's not in the supported devices file. I'll add it in the next update. Shouldn't be more than a week out.

Posted on
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:28 pm
peter offline

Hi. I have a Model LCT003 hue color spot and a Model LWA002 hue white lamp that do not appear to be recognized as a device. However, the event log says that the plugin identified these 2 lights when the plugin is configured. I reconfigured the Hue hub in the plugin and the plugin correctly identified 13 lights, but only 11 lights are recognized as a device with an address in the plugin. Otherwise, this plugin works great. I will wait for the next update. Thanks for your efforts. Peter

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:59 am
nsheldon offline

Hi peter.

Actually, the LCT003 and LWA002 have been supported for some time. For the LCT003, when creating a new Indigo device for it, after selecting "Hue Lights" as the Type of device and "Hue Color/Ambiance (Original, Downlight, Spotlight, etc.)" for the Model, the Configure dialog appears. When you click on the pop-up menu next to Hue Device in that dialog window, do you see the name of your LCT003 light listed in that menu?

For the LWA002, it should also appear in the Hue Device pop-up menu for the "LivingWhites (Hue Lux, generic dimmable device, etc.)" Model. If it's not, make sure you can see the light and that it's configured in the Hue app.

Page 79 of 103 1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 103