Pioneer Receiver discussion

Posted on
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Pioneer Receiver discussion

Is there a certain amount of idle time after which the receiver connection error is seen? If you were to use an Indigo schedule to send a status update request (or some other command to the receiver) every few minutes, perhaps that would prevent the disconnection.

Posted on
Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:36 pm
exos offline

That means that work... The connection errors do occur most frequently when it is not being used. It would be a temporary fix... Can't be turning it on and off every so often through the night.

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 am
nsheldon offline

You wouldn't be turning it on and off. Just telling the plugin to send a status request to the receiver every few minutes. The status response would be short... "I'm off right now" essentially. But it might keep it from disconnecting.

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:21 am
exos offline

Ok great, let me try setting that up. Since we're chatting, and again, this is such a great plugin.... But is there anyway to turn off the huge string of information that is shown in the log every time a command is sent?

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:02 am
nsheldon offline

exos wrote:
...is there anyway to turn off the huge string of information that is shown in the log every time a command is sent?

I'm afraid not without a major rewrite of the plugin. I've always preferred more information than less though, and it's essential when troubleshooting as well. The plugin source code is available on GitHub as well if you'd like to make the code modifications yourself and share the changes with others.

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 am
exos offline

Hey thanks again for the help. Sending a status request to the receiver seems to keeps things working! I'll take a look at the code, perhaps I'll pull off the comments. Thanks again!

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:33 am
nsheldon offline

I'm glad that at least keeps the connection alive. Since that appears to be working, it's a pretty good indication that it's either the receiver itself dropping the connection or something on the computer that's forcing the connection to drop. In any case, the GitHub repository is at https://github.com/nsheldon/Pioneer-Receiver-Indigo-Plugin.git if you want to check it out. You can always just modify your installed copy too (nothing is encrypted or compiled, it's all plain Python and XML).