Pioneer Receiver Beta Test Discussion - RETIRED

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 pm
nsheldon offline

Pioneer Receiver Beta Test Discussion - RETIRED

Please use this thread to discuss the Pioneer Receiver plugin and related beta test findings.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:06 pm
roussell offline

Re: Pioneer Receiver Plugin Open Beta Test

Thanks for this! I've got 3 VSX-1021-K receivers and was intending to do a plugin...one day... We just finished moving so all of the receivers are still in boxes, but hopefully over the next few days I'll get them unpacked and give the plugin a try.

Terry

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm
nsheldon offline

Great! I've be glad to get any feedback from you whenever you get the time to test them out with the plugin.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:39 pm
CraigM offline

Nathan, you are my new best friend! How did you know I have a VSX-1021-K?

Unfortunately, it is still in the box and because of remodel delays it may not be installed for another 3-6 months. But I will let you know when the AV gear is online.

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:48 pm
nsheldon offline

Sweet! I look forward to your feedback.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Pioneer Receiver Beta Test Discussion

Nathan,

Thanks for creating this plugin. I just tried the plugin and have the following to report:

I think there is some issue with the device configuration validation code. I put the ip address of my receiver in, and get the following message when I click Save: "Error validating fields. Hover over the red field labels above to see the error reason." There is nothing highlighted in red. Additionally, I have the following in the Indigo event log:

Code: Select all
  Pioneer Receiver Error          Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2555, in validateDeviceConfigUi
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: key not found in database

I'm sure it is something simple. Thinking that since the device is not created yet, there is no deviceId to reference - just a guess at this point.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:03 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for the feedback. Yep. That's a bug. You were pretty close about the reason too. I hadn't written enough error checking code to check for that. Let me work on that.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:45 pm
nsheldon offline

Okay, I think I fixed it now. Try this version.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 pm
nlagaros offline

No luck - now it is highlighting in red the IP address that I've entered (192.168.0.10).

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:08 pm
nsheldon offline

Ugh. Sorry about that. As it's not common practice to use a zero for anything other than masks or broadcasts in IP addresses I hadn't allowed for that in the error checking. This version should work. I tested creating a device with the same IP address and it worked (well, the device was created but couldn't connect because I have my receiver on a different IP). Let me know if this works.

Download version 0.9.4

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 pm
nlagaros offline

OK - looks better. I'm getting a connection refused from the plugin. I get the same if I try to telnet to the receiver myself. is there anything special I need to do to allow the connection? I verified the IP address is correct and am able to connect to it on port 80 in a browser.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:16 pm
nsheldon offline

nlagaros wrote:
OK - looks better. I'm getting a connection refused from the plugin. I get the same if I try to telnet to the receiver myself. is there anything special I need to do to allow the connection? I verified the IP address is correct and am able to connect to it on port 80 in a browser.

Glad we're getting some progress.

Yes. Perhaps I need to emphasize it more prominently in the "INSTRUCTIONS" part of the device configuration dialog. The receiver must have the Network Standby mode turned on in order for you to be able to connect (accessible using the HOME button on your remote). Also, make sure your computer's firewall allows outgoing connections on port 23 (standard telnet port) and that your router isn't filtering on that port as well.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm
nlagaros offline

I did read that and have the receiver in standby mode. It is on right now as well. Strange that I'm getting rejected on the telnet port, but can connect to the other two (80, 8080). No firewalls inside my network blocking either. I've tried from multiple machines. This is strange.

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:27 pm
nsheldon offline

Indeed, that is odd. Do you have a VSX-1021-K or some other model? Are you able to connect to it using the iOS app (such as iControl2)?

Posted on
Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:32 pm
nlagaros offline

So may be my bad - I have a VSX-1022. I'm guessing it is not compatible.