Pioneer Receiver Beta Test Discussion - RETIRED

Posted on
Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:16 pm
automaton offline

Re: Pioneer Receiver Beta Test Discussion

Nathan,

Great plug-in.

Is it possible to select a specific Internet Radio or Sirius (Internet) "Favorites" preset with the plug-in? I looked through the Pioneer commands and didn't see a way to specifically select a favorite... but I could have missed something.

Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 am
nsheldon offline

Hi. Glad you like the plugin!

Yes, kind of. Within a lettered Preset class (A, B, C, D, etc), just sending a remote control number button press will select the Preset number (0 through 9) within that Preset class. Use the "Remote Control Button Press" action to send a number button press while you have the Sirius or Home Media Gallery (Internet) source selected. The Pioneer Receiver plugin will send the correct remote control button press command for whichever source you have selected.

Selecting a different Preset lettered class, however, isn't quite as simple. This is because 1) there's no way to query the receiver to see which class is currently active, and 2) you can only cycle forward through letter classes and cannot select one directly. Having said that, you can send a raw command to the receiver to select the next Preset class, then send the remote button number press for the Preset within that class. Use the "Send a Raw Command' action. Configure the action to send "38NW" (without the quotes) for Home Media Gallery or "16SI" (no quotes) for Sirius. This is equivalent to pressing the CLASS button on the remote control while those sources are selected. The receiver treats these commands just as if you'd pressed the button on the remote, so the first "press" of the CLASS button simply displays the current class, while pressing it again within a few seconds actually changes the class to the next one.

If you're curious, I used Pioneer's documentation (here) as a reference when creating the plugin. You can send any of the commands listed in that document to your receiver using the "Send a Raw Command" Pioneer Receiver action.

Hope that helps.

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 am
automaton offline

Nathan,

Thanks. Interesting that you can select the preset group directly, considering the number of commands Pioneer supports.

I'm considering getting a VSX-1122-k. Have you had anyone use this model with the plug-in yet?

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am
nsheldon offline

automaton wrote:
Interesting that you can select the preset group directly, considering the number of commands Pioneer supports.

I'm considering getting a VSX-1122-k. Have you had anyone use this model with the plug-in yet?

Agreed. You'd think they'd allow direct selection of the preset "class" as well, but apparently not, according to the documentation (and my limited testing).

I have no idea which models others are using with the plugin. But I just downloaded and checked out the command documents for the VSX-1122-K here. The Pioneer Receiver plugin will work with the VSX-1122-K, but some of the 1122's functions and input sources wouldn't be directly accessible until I update the plugin with some additional code. However, all of the 1122's commands could be executed using the "Send a Raw Command" Pioneer Receiver action.

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:07 am
automaton offline

Nathan,

I now have a VSX-1122, so I can help you with this model. The plug-in isn't running happily out of the box. It appears to encounter a few parameters it is not expecting during the initial exchange with the receiver, and shows the state as "error" on the indigo device, so the state based triggers don't work. I can send commands to the receiver, such as on/off/mute, etc. and these seem to work OK.

Let me know if I can help with logs and observations to help you.

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 am
nsheldon offline

Cool!

I've got the Pioneer custom integration spreadsheet with all the commands for the VSX-1122-K. It'll take some time to get that integrated into the plugin. If you get some time, enable debugging in the Pioneer Receiver plugin configuration then turn on the receiver. Feel free to PM me or email me at nathan (at) nathansheldon (dot) com with the output from the debug logs. Those will be helpful.

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm
automaton offline

OK, thanks. I sent you some logs directly tonight.

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:24 pm
nsheldon offline

I received the logs. Thanks for the help!

Posted on
Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:23 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Pioneer Receiver Plugin Open Beta Test

UPDATE: Version 0.9.8 posted (see original post for link).

CHANGES:

Added experimental support for the VSX-1122-K.
Added additional error checking code throughout (most of it required to support more than just the VSX-1021-K).

Posted on
Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 pm
nsheldon offline

UPDATE: Version 0.9.8 posted (see the main plugin thread for the download link).

CHANGES:

Added experimental support for the VSX-1122-K.
Added additional error checking code throughout (most of it required to support more than just the VSX-1021-K).

Posted on
Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:06 am
automaton offline

Nathan,

Is it possible to use a variable to form a raw command? Based on certain state information, such as the source setting of zone 1, I'd like to send a command to change the settings in Zone 2. I suppose this could be done with a large matrix of triggers, but it would be simpler to use a variable or expression. I've seen other plug-ins that allow a python expression to be used instead of a string.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Posted on
Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:02 pm
nsheldon offline

automaton wrote:
Nathan,

Is it possible to use a variable to form a raw command? Based on certain state information, such as the source setting of zone 1, I'd like to send a command to change the settings in Zone 2. I suppose this could be done with a large matrix of triggers, but it would be simpler to use a variable or expression. I've seen other plug-ins that allow a python expression to be used instead of a string.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Hi there. That's actually a good idea for an addition to the Send Raw Command action. I'll work on adding that feature into that action.

Until then though, yes. While I haven't yet documented that capability, like all Indigo plugins, you can use Python to initiate Pioneer Receiver plugin actions. Here's an example Python script that should accomplish what you're looking for.
Code: Select all
plug = indigo.server.getPlugin("com.nathansheldon.indigoplugin.PioneerReceiver")
if plug.isEnabled():
   plug.executeAction("sendRawCommand", indigo.devices["Your Receiver Device Name"].id, props={"command":indigo.variables["YourVariableName"].value})

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm
nsheldon offline

UPDATE: Version 0.9.8 posted (see original post for link).

CHANGES:

Fixed a character encoding bug in the startDeviceComm method which would return an error if the expanded device object contained non-ASCII characters.
Fixed an audio input signal format interpretation bug that caused the runConcurrentThread to crash whenever the input signal format was "07" (undefined) on newer VSX receiver models.

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 pm
nsheldon offline

UPDATE: Version 0.9.8 posted (download here).

CHANGES:

Fixed a character encoding bug in the startDeviceComm method which would return an error if the expanded device object contained non-ASCII characters.
Fixed an audio input signal format interpretation bug that caused the runConcurrentThread to crash whenever the input signal format was "07" (undefined) on newer VSX receiver models.

Posted on
Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:41 am
nsheldon offline

FULL RELEASE: Version 1.0 posted (see original post for link).

Changes from 0.9.9 to 1.0:
  • Updated UI for improved Indigo 6 compatibility.
  • Added support for the VSX-1122-K.
  • Improved coherence to Pioneer recommended delays between sending commands, especially during initial zone power-on and plugin startup.
  • Minor modifications to the action definitions.
  • Fixed a bug in the video status information processing of the processResponse method that was causing the runConcurrentThread to crash, leaving the connection to the receiver open, forcing the user to reload the plugin in order to reconnect to the receiver.
  • Fixed a bug in the Video Color Space status information interpretation which caused the device state to show the wrong color space.