eTrack discussion

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:37 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: eTrack discussion

gskarp wrote:
I am very interested in trying out eTrack. However, your applet isn't supported on my old PPC mini. How do I get this script up and running manually? I added it to the attachment folder and reloaded. Now what do I do?

Thanks for trying it. You should be able to open the eTrack installer applet with the AppleScript Editor application and save the installer as an application compatible with your PowerPC-based Mac. However, if you aren't able to do that, I'm afraid all I can do is send you the code within that installer applet.

A word of caution, I will very soon be discontinuing support of the eTrack solution as it's now become very dated (it was developed under Indigo Pro 4, which I haven't used in years).

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:11 pm
durosity offline

nsheldon wrote:
A word of caution, I will very soon be discontinuing support of the eTrack solution as it's now become very dated (it was developed under Indigo Pro 4, which I haven't used in years).

Out of interest have you ever considered re-writing it as a plugin for Indigo 6 as Matt suggested a while ago? In this day and age of energy management it’d be quite a useful tool.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:13 pm
gskarp offline

I would love to see it as a plugin. Is that a big job to port that?

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:18 pm
nsheldon offline

Yep. I've considered it. It would, however, be a complete rewrite. There's no way to port the AppleScript code to a Python plugin. I'd have to start from scratch. I agree, though, that it would be a useful plugin. I don't see me having enough time to do that any time soon though.

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:22 pm
durosity offline

nsheldon wrote:
I don't see me having enough time to do that any time soon though.

Have you considered quiting your job, moving to a studio flat in a seedy part of town and live off the scraps of donations from indigo users? ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:27 pm
nsheldon offline

LOL! Hmmm... No. I hadn't! Intriguing! I think my wife might protest. ;-)