Tradfri support

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:54 am
jroach offline

Tradfri support

This might be the wrong place to post this question but has anybody used Ikea's Tradfri interface for the Ikea brand roller shade?
I think that Tradfri is Zigbee but not certain. I was thinking of using the FryTur roller blind mechanism for our existing shades. I didn't see a plugin for Zigbee but I see that Nathan's plugin works for the lights.

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:59 am
tazswe offline

Re: Tradfri support

IKEA use zigbee and Homekit.

Have a look at the Hubitat bridge or pytradfri at github.
That might do the job.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:19 am
siclark offline

There are a few options to you, becuase as you say, Nathan's plugin only supports the Hue hub which wont work for blinds.

zigbee is supported in Indigo a few ways.

For a cheaper solution, you can use a cheap zigbee usb stick and the zigbee2mqtt software to communicate with it via the mqtt shims plugin.

A more expensive but potentially more robust solution is to buy a Hubitat hub and use the dedicated Hubitat hub.

For both these, you need the zigbee device to be supported by them.

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/ ... vices.html
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?titl ... le_Devices

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:22 am
jroach offline

siclark,

Many thanks. I've read a bit about the Hubitat and really like the approach. Curious... I see that there is a Hubitat Plugin for Indigo but is Hubitat positioned to replace Indigo?
It also consolidates my zigbee and z-wave sticks.

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:49 am
jroach offline

Also, do I still need the Ikea tradfri if I use Hubitat or a zigbee stick?

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:01 pm
siclark offline

Tradfri support

No you don’t. But if you have one and only want to control IKEA devices you can just use node red for immediate control.

https://flows.nodered.org/node/@fetchbo ... home-smart

No need to buy anything. Search node red on this forum there are lots of us using it to integrate into indigo. You can either use the indigo floor in node red or mqtt to communicate with indigo.
I have node red running on my Mac

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:00 pm
CliveS offline

jroach wrote:
siclark,

Many thanks. I've read a bit about the Hubitat and really like the approach. Curious... I see that there is a Hubitat Plugin for Indigo but is Hubitat positioned to replace Indigo?
It also consolidates my zigbee and z-wave sticks.

Hubitat is in no position to replace Indigo, but it is in an excellent position to enhance it.

I have a detached garage that has trouble getting z-wave signals reliably but I do have mains and a reliable wi-fi signal so placing a Hubitat into the garage would give me z-wave gen7 and zigbee.

I say would because I don't need to put the hubitat in the garage at present because zigbee works fine from the hub in the house were z-wave struggles!

Now with the Hubitat plugin the zigbee devices and Tasmota mains plugs working in the garage look like any other device to Indigo.

So when I push the Zigbee 2 button Zemismart switch in the house it triggers an action to turn on the Tasmota plug in the garage, trigger the Shelly 1 to short the open switch on the garage opener and as the door rises, the Zigbee contact sensor triggers and that fires the Hue bulb in the hall to turn green to show the garage door is opening. Fires off a Pushover notification and all done by an Indigo Action and simple python script.

Not one single Indigo z-wave device in all that, and not really much setting up on the Hubitat Hub either, definitely no programming on the Hubitat.

So it costs 130 UK pounds, yes but where can you buy reliable contact and motion sensors for £10 , reliable 16 Amp mains plugs for £12 plus other Zigbee devices compared to Z-wave plugs for £30, sensors from £25 and it has a Zigbee Hub and a Gen-7 Z-wave hub built in.

The other hub to look at is the "Collective CORE" which unfortunately will not make the Indiegogo funding total, but should still be released hopefully this year. More details at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/core-by-oh-la-labs-home-automation-done-right#/

That also will have an Indigo plugin, and give even more to enhance Indigo.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:02 pm
siclark offline

Agree with everything Clive said.

Also It’s possible to do everything he said with a £25 zigbee stick as well rather than the £130 hubitat, but needs a little more setup.

Page 1 of 1