Unable to Complete Configuration of Hue Light Plugin

Posted on
Sat May 29, 2021 7:14 pm
rwc2 offline

Unable to Complete Configuration of Hue Light Plugin

I'm new to this plugin and just tried to complete a fresh install and configuration. Unfortunately, I am receiving an error I can't seem to resolve.

After install, I am prompted to enter the IP address of the hue bridge. Once I do, I push the button on the bridge and then click pair. Seems simple enough, except I receive an error:

"Connection error. Please check the IP address and ensure that the Indigo server and Hue bridge are connected to the network."

Error Dialog.jpg
Error Dialog.jpg (148.58 KiB) Viewed 614 times

And my log is filled with the same error repeated over and over:

"Hue Lights Error No IP address set for the Hue bridge. You can get this information from the My Settings page at http://www.meethue.com.

No other errors are generated, and the plugin obviously won't work without this setting being completed successfully.

I can access the web interface of the Hue hub from the Mac hosting the Indigo server, and can also ping the hub successfully. They are on the same subnet.

I'm using the following:
- Mac OS 10.12.6
- Indigo 7.5.0
- Hue Lights 1.7.53

I've searched for these errors on the forum and didn't see anything that obviously matched my issue, so would appreciate any assistance the community could provide. I'm happy to provide additional information as needed.

Posted on
Sun May 30, 2021 3:34 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Unable to Complete Configuration of Hue Light Plugin

Hi.

Sorry to hear about the trouble getting the plugin set up.

Are you able to access your Hue bridge using the Hue app? Do you have the firewall enabled on the Mac running Indigo? If so, try turning it off. Does your router have a firewall? If so, try turning it off. If none of that works, enable debug logging in the Hue Lights plugin (Plugins menu -> Hue Lights -> Toggle Debugging) then reload the plugin and try the pairing process again. Copy and paste the entire debug log from the point where you reloaded the plugin to the point where you encountered the error in your reply.

Page 1 of 1