Best way to figure out & set colors/temperature via Script

Posted on
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:49 pm
lazlohollyfeld offline

Best way to figure out & set colors/temperature via Script

Hello,

I'm trying to create some simple "preset" colors for my Gledopto recessed can lights. I tried recalling scenes - but i have 4 lights in a group - and the scenes work inconsistently - not updating all 4 of the lights all the time. The Indigo & HUE Plugin piece looks like it works - i think it possibly has something to with my Gledopto lights and the HUE Bridge..

Instead of scenes, I've resorted to creating a bunch of action groups for various colors using plug.executeAction("setRGB"....

That works fine for the novelty colors like red and purple and blue - but now Im trying to get fancy and experiment with different temperatures for everyday use.
  1. I was using the iOS HUE app to find the right color & temp, but I don't see where the color values are shown in order to use them in my python call
  2. I then moved onto the "Hue Lights" iOS app - it shows the values, but i don't know what they mean or how to use them in the setRGB, setHSB or setXYY commands
  3. the colors are represented with unfamiliar labels like "B" or "CT" and "X" and "Y".
  4. example: "Warmest White" looks like this: 10007,B:254,CT:500
  5. example: "Soft Pink" looks like this: 50000,B:84,X:0.4000, Y:0.2500

Anyone have any ideas how to map/use these values in either setRGB, setHSB or setXYY?

Posted on
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:48 pm
lazlohollyfeld offline

Re: Best way to figure out & set colors/temperature via Scri

I was able to create control page and output these current values for a given light - it appears to be missing the second "Y" value for setXYY:

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 4.46.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 4.46.07 PM.png (14.47 KiB) Viewed 801 times

Page 1 of 1