Hue Motion Temperature not updating as a device in HomeKit

Posted on
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:42 am
c64 offline

Hue Motion Temperature not updating as a device in HomeKit

Small detail, but when I add the Temperature of a Hue Motion as Temperature Device in the HomeKit Bridge plugin, it never seems to update in the Home app. I'm not sure where the issue is. I'd prefer to use the Indigo tile rather than the Philips tile because of the nifty temperature calibration in the Hue plugin. I can see the Temp updating in Indigo - the changes are not being reflected in the Home app. Perhaps this is an issue in the HK Bridge? Just curious if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks

Posted on
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:54 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Motion Temperature not updating as a device in HomeK

While I haven't seen this specific issue, I have seen other HomeKit Bridge proxied devices in the Home app not receive updates. HomeKit (especially via HomeKit Bridge) seems to be very fragile. Try restarting HomeKit Bridge or reloading the plugin. Also, if you have multiple network interfaces active (e.g. wired ethernet and wi-fi) on the Mac running Indigo Server, HomeKit Bridge seems to get very confused and may not start properly. I often need to disable wi-fi while HK Bridge starts so it will load properly, then re-enable wi-fi after it's loaded.

Just to be clear, this isn't a criticism of the rather brilliant HomeKit Bridge plugin. Tapping into any Apple service without Apple's blessing like this, with HomeKit Bridge's level of success, takes a LOT of hard work.

Posted on
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:25 am
c64 offline

Re: Hue Motion Temperature not updating as a device in HomeK

Thank you for the clues! Yes, everyone's plugins here have added so much to Indigo- they are all amazing work - yours included! :)

Page 1 of 1