issue with reading dim level from hue to Zwave

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:55 am
erikwegman offline

issue with reading dim level from hue to Zwave

Hi,

Let me explain the situation:
I have a homekit door contact (Fibaro2) to support a house alarm. Besides this, I have a hue bridge and a hue bulb. This lamp acts as a means to arm the alarm. If the lamp is off, the alarm not set. If the lamp is at 50% (set by a hue dimmer or iPhone), the alarm is set and is counting down from 20 to 1 to give myself time to leave the house. After that, the lamp wil dim to 10%.
Now when the door is opened homekit verifies if the lamp is set at 10% and if so, another counter of 20 seconds will be started to enable me to turn off the alarm before the shit hits the fan (all lights in the house on via homebridge and Indigo and an alarm will sound).

The issue I now run into is that the check whether the alarm is set or not (lamp at 10%) does not get done. The alarm will go off every time, no matter the status of the hue lamp. I have made the automation in the Homekit app from apple as well as the Eve app. (works slightly different).

I know I can read the status of the lamp in Indigo also (with the Hue plugin) and automate from there but I am curious if someone else has run into this problem before I try to bypass it.

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:47 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: issue with reading dim level from hue to Zwave

Is the check of the Hue bulb brightness done by Indigo or by some HomeKit automation task, or something else?

Page 1 of 1