Replace Hue Bridge

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 8:31 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Replace Hue Bridge

Just had my 2nd Hue Bridge crap out and am trying to get things back to normal with a new one.
Unfortunately I couldn’t do the bridge transfer because the original bridge is completely dead.

I have reinstalled all the lights into the Hue app, entered the new IP address and paired the new bridge in the plugin.
Problem now is when I try to define my former Hue devices from the new Hue light list I get an error saying
the “Device is already being controlled by a different light”

Also I see the IP address on my Indigo Hue devices is still showing the old IP.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 9:10 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Replace Hue Bridge

Got it going. Just had to set all my Hue devices to something other than Hue, then go back and set
them to the new Hue list.

Carl

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Replace Hue Bridge

Hi Carl.

Sorry I missed your post.

Your solution is what I would have suggested to do. When you change Hue bridges, all the internal Hue device IDs change and end up mismatching the ones already in the Hue Lights plugin, so you have to reconfigure each Indigo device associated with a Hue device so the Indigo device forgets all the Hue device info (usually by changing the Type to something other than Hue Lights), then reconfigure the Indigo device back to a Hue Lights type device so you can select the right Hue device.

Page 1 of 1