Temperature sensors

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:22 am
siclark offline

Temperature sensors

Hi. Does your plugin work for ZigBee temperature sensors or should I look to use zigbee2mqtt for those?

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Temperature sensors

siclark wrote:
Hi. Does your plugin work for ZigBee temperature sensors or should I look to use zigbee2mqtt for those?

Which plugin are you referring to? Nathan has several.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:43 pm
siclark offline

The Hue one. Sorry thought that was obvious from the ZigBee comment. Looking to see if I can pair ZigBee temperature sensor to the hue bridge and get it reporting into indigo.

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:46 pm
FlyingDiver offline

siclark wrote:
The Hue one. Sorry thought that was obvious from the ZigBee comment. Looking to see if I can pair ZigBee temperature sensor to the hue bridge and get it reporting into indigo.

Only if you know that Hue devices are actually Zigbee. Which I didn't. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:56 pm
siclark offline

Haha. Happy to have, unexpectedly, taught you something.

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:44 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Only the temperature sensors built into the Hue Motion Sensor and Outdoor Motion Sensor are supported. While you may be able to pair a ZigBee temperature sensor with the Hue bridge, the Hue Lights plugin won’t recognize it because it looks for specific model ids. There can be a lot of variance in how different sensors show up in the Hue sensor data so it’s difficult to program a method that works with all sensors. So in short, no. The plugin doesn’t support any non-Hue branded sensors.

However, if you find that the sensor does work with the Hue bridge, and you’re willing to donate one of those sensors to me so I can program the plugin to work with it, I’m sure I could add support.

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:13 pm
siclark offline

Ok, thanks let me get one and have a play. I might end up getting a zigbee usb stick and running zigbee2mqqt into nodered / shims and getting it working into indigo that way.

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:31 pm
nsheldon offline

Cool. If it works in the Hue bridge you could always add support to the Hue Lights plugin yourself too. I have it in GitHub, though I don’t update the repo often. So it’s a little out of date.

Posted on
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:29 am
siclark offline

Updating code is a little beyond me, despite having got one plugin working, by more trial and error and luck than anything else.

I'll order a couple of their sensors and have a ZigBee USB stick on the way as well to try nodered and then mqqt via shims into indigo. See what works best.

Along with the cheaper Shelly devices that Joe is looking at these seem like another nice source of devices we could use. Along with temp and humdity they have tilt and vibration sensors for example.

Page 1 of 1