IConnectHue animations

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:15 pm
gregbr offline

IConnectHue animations

Hello.

I am trying to trigger an IConnectHue animation from Indigo via the Hue Lights plug-in. According to ICH their animations run solely from the Hue Bridge and not from the iOS device. I am trying to call this via the “recall hue scene” action but the animation is not shown even though ICH does show up in the providers list.

Is this an unsupported scene type and if so are there plans to support this?

The animation support in ICH makes it extremely easy to create color cycles on a bulb using 2 or more specific colors (eg a looping green-white-red-white Christmas theme).

Greg

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:00 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: IConnectHue animations

Hi Greg.

I don’t know how the iConnectHhe app triggers animations since there are no published Hue API methods for creating animations using the Hue bridge. Hue Scenes are static and don’t include any animation features. Maybe the ICH app sets up a series of scenes and scheduled events on the Hue bridge then activates the scheduled events that cycle through the scenes.

In any case, the Hue Lights plugin can recall Hue Scenes as you’ve already found, but cannot reproduce the animations created by the iConnectHue app as those animations are not a built in feature of the Hue API. You might be able to simulate the animations using Indigo schedules to loop through a sequence of Hue Scenes. I do something similar for my Hue LightStrip during the holidays.

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:32 pm
gregbr offline

Re: IConnectHue animations

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have discovered that after forcing a hub refresh via Reload Hue Hub Config I am able to see two other older animations I had created on ICH prior to purchasing the paid version. So my latest animation after purchasing the app does not seem to be populating on the hub. I’m going to reach out to ICH and see what feedback they may have. I’ll let you know what I hear. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1