Set Color Temperature

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:26 pm
bigballer2k offline

Set Color Temperature

Is it possible to set the color temperature without having the lights turn on as part of an action? What I am looking for is a way to set up a series of timed actions that would queue my lights up with a different temperature throughout the day but not actually turn the lights on.....I only want them to turn on when motion is detected. I currently have a series of multiple automations set up within apple homekit that will change the temperature based on various conditions when it detects motion in a room and I'd like to offload these to indigo but when I tried earlier this year, I noticed a slight delay in the lights turning on vs homekit so I ended up waiting and only offloading my "turn lights off upon no motion" automations to clear up space.

What I'm thinking may work best is to keep in homekit a single automation per room that will turn the lights on once motion is detected but used the other values (brightness, hue, saturation) from what would have been set based on a schedule in indigo....this way I still get the faster response from homekit with the lights turning on but have more options and control over everything else from indigo.

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:06 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Set Color Temperature

Hi.

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately the Hue bridge itself essentially ignores any color change sent to a light unless the light is already on or you’re turning on the light at the same time as changing the color/color temperature. There’s nothing the Hue Lights plugin can do to tell the Hue bridge to “pre load” a color temperature for a light that is currently off. Sorry about that. I agree that it would be useful to be able to do that though.

Page 1 of 1