Hue Bridge and Trädfri Drivers

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am
Umtauscher offline

Hue Bridge and Trädfri Drivers

Hi Nathan,

I just found you Hue plugin and just couldn't resist ti add a Hue bridge to my system.
First of all, thanks a lot for your work.

The cause for me to go the Hue route were the new Ikea Trädfri LED drivers that are so low price. The Hue bridge found them immediately and I could dimm alle the LED lamps I have at once.
Then I added the bridge to indigo. So far so easy. What I couldn't do was to add one of the lamps to indigo.
I added a Hue lights device but none of the "model" entries showed any device. I tried them all. So either I am doing wrong or the Hue plugin doesn't support all Hue devices.
The only thing I can do is create a room for each lamp and then I can add them as a device group. This seems to me like a workarround.
Am I doing something wrong ?
In the Hue app the Ikea drivers are listed as dimmable lamps. When I press the "i" Button I get
Model:
SW: 1.2.245
Room: Roomname

Here is a snippet from the debug log, if you need info.
Code: Select all
   Hue Lights Debug                Sending command to hub: http://192.168.1.199/api/6KaxnNoA3MMLRzQgjBb-vABXjZYbj5SAS2oz34EG/lights
   Hue Lights Debug                Got response {u'1': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Vitrine', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:9e:9a:76-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}, u'2': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Sideboard', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:a3:8a:b9-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': True, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Loaded lights list - {u'1': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Vitrine', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:9e:9a:76-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}, u'2': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Sideboard', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:a3:8a:b9-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': True, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting parseAllHueLightsData.
   Hue Lights Debug                parseAllHueLightsData: There are 2 lights on the Hue bridge and 2 Indigo devices controlling Hue devices.
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting updateGroupsList.
   Hue Lights Debug                Sending command to hub: http://192.168.1.199/api/6KaxnNoA3MMLRzQgjBb-vABXjZYbj5SAS2oz34EG/groups
   Hue Lights Debug                Got response {u'1': {u'name': u'Esszimmer', u'lights': [u'1'], u'state': {u'any_on': False, u'all_on': False}, u'action': {u'on': False, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Dining'}, u'2': {u'name': u'Sideboard', u'lights': [u'2'], u'state': {u'any_on': True, u'all_on': True}, u'action': {u'on': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Living room'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Loaded groups list - {u'1': {u'name': u'Esszimmer', u'lights': [u'1'], u'state': {u'any_on': False, u'all_on': False}, u'action': {u'on': False, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Dining'}, u'2': {u'name': u'Sideboard', u'lights': [u'2'], u'state': {u'any_on': True, u'all_on': True}, u'action': {u'on': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Living room'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting parseAllHueGroupsData.
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting parseOneHueGroupData.
   Hue Lights Debug                updateDeviceState: Updating device Vitrine state: alertMode. Old value = . New value = none
   Hue Lights Debug                updateDeviceState: Updating device Vitrine state: alertMode. Old value = none. New value =

TIA
Wilhelm

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 9:38 am
neilk offline

Re: Hue Bridge and Trädfri Drivers

Wilhelm,

Nathan needs to add each bulb type to the plugin, and of course lots of different types and manufacturers can be added to the hue hub so it is an every moving target. In this http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?p=147913#p147913 describes how you can edit the definition yourself, you just need to figure out which category to put it in based on its capabilities (dimming, colour etc).

In your case I think you will need to add
TRADFRI transformer 30W
into the relevant category and they should appear, and you don't need to wait. As you can see from the thread Nathan normally adds new ones into the list. I am now going to take a look at what this transformer does, so thanks for the pointer !

Neil

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 am
Umtauscher offline

Thanks Neil,

I obviously didn't know that. ;-)
Cheers
Wilhelm

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 10:55 am
Umtauscher offline

...and worked great.
I added it to the living whites section.

This is really good to know because Ikea seems to be constantly releasing new stuff.

Thanks again

Wilhelm

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 11:47 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Wilhelm.

I’m glad you were able to get the IKEA lights added. Neil’s right. I need to add each model ID manually based on its capabilities. I’ll get this IKEA model added in the next patch release. If you get other lights that work with the Hue bridge but aren’t recognized by the Hue Lights plugin, let me know the model ID (or provide debug log output like you did here) and I’ll add support for them too.

Posted on
Sat May 05, 2018 12:17 pm
Umtauscher offline

Hi Nathan,
eveything works now great.
Thanks again for you plugin.
Have a nice weekend

Wilhelm

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 1:17 pm
MarcoGT offline

Umtauscher wrote:
Hi Nathan,

I just found you Hue plugin and just couldn't resist ti add a Hue bridge to my system.
First of all, thanks a lot for your work.

The cause for me to go the Hue route were the new Ikea Trädfri LED drivers that are so low price. The Hue bridge found them immediately and I could dimm alle the LED lamps I have at once.
Then I added the bridge to indigo. So far so easy. What I couldn't do was to add one of the lamps to indigo.
I added a Hue lights device but none of the "model" entries showed any device. I tried them all. So either I am doing wrong or the Hue plugin doesn't support all Hue devices.
The only thing I can do is create a room for each lamp and then I can add them as a device group. This seems to me like a workarround.
Am I doing something wrong ?
In the Hue app the Ikea drivers are listed as dimmable lamps. When I press the "i" Button I get
Model:
SW: 1.2.245
Room: Roomname

Here is a snippet from the debug log, if you need info.
Code: Select all
   Hue Lights Debug                Sending command to hub: http://192.168.1.199/api/6KaxnNoA3MMLRzQgjBb-vABXjZYbj5SAS2oz34EG/lights
   Hue Lights Debug                Got response {u'1': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Vitrine', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:9e:9a:76-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}, u'2': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Sideboard', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:a3:8a:b9-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': True, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Loaded lights list - {u'1': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Vitrine', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:9e:9a:76-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}, u'2': {u'swversion': u'1.2.245', u'name': u'Sideboard', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:a3:8a:b9-01', u'capabilities': {u'control': {}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': False}, u'productname': u'Dimmable light', u'state': {u'on': True, u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'direction': u'omnidirectional', u'archetype': u'classicbulb'}, u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI transformer 30W'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting parseAllHueLightsData.
   Hue Lights Debug                parseAllHueLightsData: There are 2 lights on the Hue bridge and 2 Indigo devices controlling Hue devices.
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting updateGroupsList.
   Hue Lights Debug                Sending command to hub: http://192.168.1.199/api/6KaxnNoA3MMLRzQgjBb-vABXjZYbj5SAS2oz34EG/groups
   Hue Lights Debug                Got response {u'1': {u'name': u'Esszimmer', u'lights': [u'1'], u'state': {u'any_on': False, u'all_on': False}, u'action': {u'on': False, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Dining'}, u'2': {u'name': u'Sideboard', u'lights': [u'2'], u'state': {u'any_on': True, u'all_on': True}, u'action': {u'on': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Living room'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Loaded groups list - {u'1': {u'name': u'Esszimmer', u'lights': [u'1'], u'state': {u'any_on': False, u'all_on': False}, u'action': {u'on': False, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Dining'}, u'2': {u'name': u'Sideboard', u'lights': [u'2'], u'state': {u'any_on': True, u'all_on': True}, u'action': {u'on': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'recycle': False, u'type': u'Room', u'class': u'Living room'}}
   Hue Lights Debug                Starting parseAllHueGroupsData.
   Hue Lights Debug                updateDeviceState: Updating device Vitrine state: alertMode. Old value = . New value = none
   Hue Lights Debug                updateDeviceState: Updating device Vitrine state: alertMode. Old value = none. New value =

TIA
Wilhelm

Hi,

That’s interesting.
But which hardware shall I buy?
Only the Hue bridge and few IKEA bulbs?
No Hue Bulbs are required?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 1:49 pm
Umtauscher offline

exactly.
All Trädfri devices with firmware > 1.2 support the Hue hub.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 2:00 pm
MarcoGT offline

That’s nice.
I have never bought Hue because of the price of bulbs.
But now it becomes interesting.
Only problem is to check the firmware version of ikea bulbs.

I think I will go to mediamarkt to buy the hub :)

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 10:39 pm
MarcoGT offline

Will also OSRAM Lightify work?

Thanks

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 pm
Umtauscher offline

I don't know, because I haven't tested it but in theory it should work.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 11:53 pm
MarcoGT offline

After some research, it should work.

I am still deciding if going for Hue bulbs, or IKEA bulbs :D

PS: Are you from Germany?

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 11:57 pm
Umtauscher offline

Just get one of each an test them out.
Thanks, I just updated my profile. :wink:

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 12:32 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.12 Posted

• Added support for the IKEA 30 Watt dimmable LED transformer.

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:08 am
MarcoGT offline

I bought finally the Hue bridge with 2xE14 Bulbs, installed the plugin, and it works like a charm, thank you very much
Now, IKEA bulbs are much cheaper; I have understood I have to buy the gateway to upgrade the software of the bulbs, and then do they work out of the box? Of course, I may need to modify the plugin in order to add the model ID of the bulb, am I right?

Thanks
Marco