SleepyBed IQ - Free SleepNumber Bed Monitor Plugin

Posted on
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:36 pm
nsheldon offline

SleepyBed IQ - Free SleepNumber Bed Monitor Plugin

SleepyBed IQ

FREE Indigo 7 plugin

Downlaod version 1.2.2

SleepyBed IQ is a plugin for Indigo Domotics's Indigo 7 home control software which allows you to monitor and control your Select Comfort SleepNumber bed through the SleepIQ online sleep tracking system.

SleepyBed IQ offers the following features:

• Full Bed Status. All known exposed data about your SleepNumber bed is populated into the SleepNumber Bed device's custom states list. SleepNumber Bed devices in Indigo appear as sensor devices that are "on" if anyone is in bed and "off" if no one is in bed. Bed status is updated every 15 seconds.
  • Set SleepNumber and FlexFit Presets You can use Indigo to set the SleepNumber and FlexFit position for each side of the bed.
  • Set Precise Head and Foot Positions For beds that support it, you can precisely set both head and foot positions on the left and right side of the bed.

Installation

Download the SleepyBed IQ zip file (link above) to the computer running the Indigo server. If the file is not already unzipped, double-click the .zip file to unzip it. Open the folder that is expanded from the zip file and double-click the SleepyBed IQ.indigoPlugin file. The Indigo client will open and prompt to install the plugin. Click the option to install and enable the plugin. You'll be prompted to configure the plugin. Enter your SleepIQ web site username (usually your email address) and password then click the "Verify" button to verify the credentials. Click "Save".

Usage

You can create an Indigo device for each SleepNumber bed you've registered with the SleepIQ web site.

1. Create a new Indigo device (click "New..." in the Devices window). Select the "SleepyBed IQ" plugin as the device Type. Select "SleepNumber Bed" as the device type.
  2. A "Configure SleepNumber Bed" dialog will appear. Select the "SleepNumber Bed" you want to monitor and click Okay.

SleepNumber Bed devices appear as sensor type devices within Indigo with an on/off status. If anyone is in bed, the SleepNumber Bed is ON. If no one is in bed, the SleepNumber Bed is OFF. The status of the bed is obtained from the SleepIQ web site every 15 seconds. For more detailed status information, the SleepNumber Bed device in Indigo includes numerous custom states that can be used to trigger events or as conditions for other triggers. Custom states include occupied status for both left and right sides of the bed, SleepNumber selection and raw pump pressure readings for each side of the bed (assuming you have a SleepNumber bed with separate controls for each side).

Limitations

• Historic sleep data from the SleepIQ web site is not available through this plugin. However, you could track bed state changes and compile your own sleep history data.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: SleepyBed IQ - Free SleepNumber Bed Monitor Plugin

Hmmm, June 3rd, so sorta late for an April fool's joke - guess it's for real!

I had no idea that there were connected beds, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is a solution for those that were looking for a way to know if anyone is in bed though. Cool plugin Nathan!

PS - congratulations, this plugin is 200th plugin for Indigo (if you count some older ones that may no longer work)... :!: 8)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:04 pm
nsheldon offline

Haha. Nope. Totally real plugin (and bed). :) I use the status of whether one of us or both my wife and I are in bed, along with motion detection, as conditions for different automated lighting in the bedroom. I also noticed, though haven't done anything with it, that I can tell when the cat is laying on the bed based on the raw pressure reading from the pump. LOL

Woo! Plugin 200! Do I get a prize? :wink:

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:31 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Our eternal thanks!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:41 pm
eme jota ce offline

Cool plugin. Thanks!

This offers some pretty cool Triggers in Indigo! :wink:

Several bedtime and morning triggers I have in mind will likely depend upon how quickly the various "...inbed" status indicators actually update. Some updates have been as fast as 8 second. Others as slow as a minute or more. (I see that your plugin updates every 15 seconds, so delays are likely dues to the SleepIQ side of things).

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:35 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi!

I'm glad you like the plugin. Yea, the SleepIQ site doesn't always update as fast as you might hope. All of this is currently unsupported by Sleep Comfort. They announced they'd have an API at CES last year but never actually published it. I used a library someone else published on GitHub . He apparently got the API calls from scraping data in Chrime while using the SleepIQ site, so this whole plugin is really more of a beta than a tried and tested implementation.. Feedback is welcome, of course.

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:47 am
midd offline

I don't have the Sleep IQ option for my bed. But this is cool. It would be even better to adjust the sleep number as the remotes that come with the mattress go awry on many occasions. Keep up the excellent work.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:25 am
nsheldon offline

Thanks. I agree. It would be nice to be able to adjust the sleep number or bed position (for beds with bases capable of that). Unfortunately, neither of those can be adjusted remotely. You can only adjust those options using a direct Bluetooth LE connection to the bed. That would require a much different plugin and possibly special hardware (depending on your Mac's capabilities). Not being able to remotely adjust your bed is probably a good thing though, given the general vulnerability of so many other Internet-of-Things devices. No one wants some foreign government changing their sleep number! :wink:

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 pm
eme jota ce offline

nsheldon wrote:
Thanks. I agree. It would be nice to be able to adjust the sleep number or bed position (for beds with bases capable of that). Unfortunately, neither of those can be adjusted remotely. You can only adjust those options using a direct Bluetooth LE connection to the bed. That would require a much different plugin and possibly special hardware (depending on your Mac's capabilities). Not being able to remotely adjust your bed is probably a good thing though, given the general vulnerability of so many other Internet-of-Things devices. No one wants some foreign government changing their sleep number! :wink:

Plus, the manual for the SleepNumber model I have says that adjustments are to be made while the sleeper is in the bed. Probably related to weight variances?

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:22 pm
nsheldon offline

Yep. The sleep number is based on air pressure. So a sleep number of 40 for a 100 lb person will be completely different than a sleep number of 40 for a 200 lb person. So if you inflated a bed remotely to sleep number 40 (with a zero pound person in it), that's going to be a very stiff bed when you lay down. :)

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:23 pm
jrickmd offline

Can someone confirm that this plug in is or is not working... I've just installed it and getting this error:

Code: Select all
   SleepyBed IQ Error              Unable to connect to the SleepIQ service. Error: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://api.sleepiq.sleepnumber.com/rest/login

Thanks,

Rick

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 pm
nsheldon offline

Hey Rick.

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but it's been working for me since I released it. I haven't had any issues with it yet. Maybe you could enable debug logging by going to Plugins -> SleepyBed IQ -> Toggle Debugging then reload the plugin and paste in the debug logs into your response. Maybe we can get more details on why it can't connect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm
jrickmd offline

Had disabled the plug in because of the errors. Enabled it after your post and all works perfectly... :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the great plugin(s).

Rick

Posted on
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 pm
nsheldon offline

Awesome! Glad it's working now.

Posted on
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:22 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.1.0 Posted

• Added ability to control SleepNumber and FlexFit adjustable base preset position.
  • Added more detailed debugging information when debug logging is enabled.