SleepyBed IQ - Free SleepNumber Bed Monitor Plugin

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:29 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: SleepyBed IQ - Free SleepNumber Bed Monitor Plugin

Version 1.2.1 Posted

• Fixed a bug where trying to set the SleepNumber would fail with an error.
  • Fixed a bug where trying to set a FlexFit preset would fail with an error.
  • Fixed a bug that would produce 404 errors in the log if a bed had no adjustable base.

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:16 pm
Doctor Q offline

That fixed it, Nathan. Thanks, now I can go to bed :mrgreen:

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:27 pm
nsheldon offline

Awesome! Glad that fixed it.

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:48 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.2.2 Posted

• Improved compatibility with SleepNumber API service that reduces the number of calls made to the service. This may reduce or eliminate bed data gathering errors in the Indigo log.

Posted on
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:35 am
mikejandreau offline

Any chance of adding an action to control the foot warming feature on the higher end beds? We just got an i8 and would love to pre-heat the feet on my wife's side.

Posted on
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:33 am
nsheldon offline

Hi. I'll look into it. I'm not sure if SlpeepNumber expose that option in the API (or if the open-source Python library I'm using to interact with their API supports it), but I'm happy to check and find out.

Posted on
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:32 pm
nsheldon offline

mikejandreau wrote:
Any chance of adding an action to control the foot warming feature on the higher end beds? We just got an i8 and would love to pre-heat the feet on my wife's side.

Hi again.

I looked into this more. Unfortunately, while the undocumented SleepNumber API appears to support controlling the foot warmer feature, the open source library I use to interact with the SleepNumber system doesn't yet support that feature. I looked into the possibility of modifying that open source library too, but I could only find a small excerpt of what needs to be sent to the SleepNumber system in order to make setting changes (here). Since I don't have the equipment to do my own reverse engineering of the API, I have to rely on what others have discovered and published. The snippet found at the Habitat forum link above only lists the target URL and a few possible parameters, but not all of the possible parameters or possible values, which would be required in order to make anything work. If you run across any other info that might provide more details on what the API expects to control the foot warming feature, let me know. But for now, I'm afraid I'll have to wait for more info before I can add that feature.

Posted on
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:09 pm
Briand9 offline

Hello,
We just got a sleep number bed and am anxious to tryout the plugin. Unfortunately, I am getting a login error, password incorrect. Although my PW works in the app, the bed is connected and I verified the pw on the website in a browser. I event reset the PW a few times. Any idea what could be going on? I see in the thread about looking in the debug log, but I can't even get logged in to do that. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:10 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Brian.

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, it's very hard to tell what the problem might be if the password is working in the Sleep IQ app and the SleepNumber web site. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps if you're using some special non-ASCII character, that might be getting interpreted or translated by the plugin incorrectly. Could you try changing the password for your SleepNumber account to only use alphanumeric (upper/lower case letters and numbers used in English) to see if that fixes it? If that doesn't fix it, you might try enabling debug logging. Do that by going to the Plugin menu -> SleepyBed IQ -> Toggle Debugging then reload the plugin. Copy and paste the log from the point where the plugin was reloaded to the point where you see the password error. You might want to send it to me in a private message instead of posting here since it will probably contain your password in clear text.

Briand9 wrote:
Hello,
We just got a sleep number bed and am anxious to tryout the plugin. Unfortunately, I am getting a login error, password incorrect. Although my PW works in the app, the bed is connected and I verified the pw on the website in a browser. I event reset the PW a few times. Any idea what could be going on? I see in the thread about looking in the debug log, but I can't even get logged in to do that. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:21 pm
tatrog offline

I noticed on the plugin store this one is not going to be compatible with the new Indigo updated and Nathan has retired. Any chance someone (I don't have the skill) may pick this plugin up and convert to the Py3 requirements. It's my last plugin that is/will prevent me from migrating to the next version of indigo.
It appears the library may be already Py3 compatible? Not sure of the specifics but after looking at https://github.com/technicalpickles/sleepyq it appears it may be...?. Looks like it's an undocumented API so not sure of how heavy a lift this may be.

This plugins really impacts many actions in our home.
-Alexa turn on read in bed. Sets bed position of bed for reading
Alexa turn on sleep. Sets bed position for sleep.
Alarm goes off in the morning, timer is set and if I don't get my A@# up bed is set to new position and other action groups are triggered.
Alarm goes off and we get out of bed, coffee is started along with other action groups
Someone gets in bed and temp is x overhead fan turns on
Acton watch TV in bed. Sets position of bed. While watch TV someone gets up (popcorn run, etc) TV paused. Back in bed TV unpause TV actions uses Roku plugin.

I could go on with how we use the ability to sense the occupancy of the bed. Hopeful that someone may be able to pick this one up. Many thanks for any consideration.

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:17 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I'll take a look at it. I have three Sleep Number beds.

Not sure what the license status is. There's no license included in the plugin code, and the library it uses doesn't have any license attached either.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:16 pm
nsheldon offline

Hey Joe.

The code is free to use and modify by anyone. At least the parts that I wrote. Not sure about the SleepIQ library I used with the plugin. I got it off GitHub but don’t remember the terms of use. Haha.

Posted on
Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:29 pm
FlyingDiver offline

nsheldon wrote:
Hey Joe.

The code is free to use and modify by anyone. At least the parts that I wrote. Not sure about the SleepIQ library I used with the plugin. I got it off GitHub but don’t remember the terms of use. Haha.

There's nothing specified in the GitHub repo. Which is unusual.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:48 am
FlyingDiver offline

Python3 update has been pushed to the plugin store.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:19 pm
tatrog offline

Hey Joe,
I have tested all of my actions on the latest version and the update is solid.

Thanks so much.

GT