Announcer doesn't :-(

Posted on
Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:57 am
colovin offline

Announcer doesn't :-(

I'm no longer getting the voice of god when I arm and disarm my alarm system. Been working flawlessly forever but now I'm getting this error in the log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 846, in announce
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/appscript/reference.py", line 577, in __getattr__
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/appscript/reference.py", line 259, in referencebyname
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/appscript/reference.py", line 225, in connect
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/aem/__init__.py", line 76, in __init__
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/aem/aemconnect.py", line 187, in localapp
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/aem/aemconnect.py", line 55, in _launchapplication
CantLaunchApplicationError: Can't launch application at u'/Users/ace/Library/Application Support/ExpanDrive/4q89p/data/Indigo/Play Sound.app': OS error (-10661)

I'm not sure what it all means. Is it the plug-in, or has Play Sound gotten corrupted or I just did n OS security update has Apple broken this? Any point in the right direction will be appreciated. All my system info is in the sig at the bottom.

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:08 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Announcer doesn't :-(

The last line of the error message indicates an OS error when trying to open Play Sound. The OS is trying to open Play Sound from the folder path /Users/ace/Application Support/ExpanDrive/4q89p/data/Indigo. That seems odd. That looks like some kind of backup.

The error number -10661 is an OS error related to launch services I believe. You might try reinstalling Play Sound. If that doesn't work, you may consider uninstalling ExpanDrive (whatever that is) and deleting the ExpanDrive folder from your Application Support folder in the Library folder in your "ace" user home folder. If none of that works, you could try the instructions I found on this error at http://applehelpwriter.com/2014/03/04/c ... nt-launch/

Posted on
Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:05 pm
colovin offline

Thank you for your prompt response. I didn't expect to hear anything back until after the holiday weekend. I have know idea what the Expandrive is and how it got there. I'd be freaked about it being here except I did find the installer file in my file archive so I must have put it there. I guess I ran it in the demo mode and maybe the latest security update some how turned it on????? Don't know but . . . I un installed it, re installed Play Sound, the voice of God is back. Thank you for your help!!!

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:53 pm
nsheldon offline

Awesome! I'm glad that fixed it! Happy holidays! :D

Page 1 of 1