Hue Lights and Plugin

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:41 pm
Dlucas10 offline

Hue Lights and Plugin

Hello!

I just installed the Hue Lights Plugin and it was working great! Then today, we lost power and my Mac Mini went offline (I know I need to get a UPS). What I noticed was that I had to reload hue device list to get indigo to work with Hue after the power outage. Also, it seems to have lost the presets that I had saved for the different colors, etc.

Is this expected behavior? If so, I may need to figure another way to save my settings to recall them when we chose to.

Thanks!

Dave

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:39 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights and Plugin

Hi Dave.

No, that's not typical behavior. It kind of sounds like the Hue Lights plugin preferences were corrupted as a result of the sudden power outage. Presets are saved in the Hue Lights preferences (along with a number of other settings). If the presets were missing upon reload, the preferences may have been corrupted. Reloading the plugin likely replaced the preference file with a non-corrupted version. You shouldn't loose presets like that. Try restarting the computer to see if the presets in the Hue Lights plugin stick. If they don't, you'll probably need to stop the Indigo server then delete the Hue Lights plugin preferences in the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins folder (the preference file is named "com.nathansheldon.indigoplugin.HueLights.indiPref") before starting the Indigo server again. You'll then need to re-pair the Hue Lights plugin with your Hue hub (though you shouldn't have to recreate any of the Indigo devices that use the Hue Lights plugin).

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:21 am
Dlucas10 offline

Re: Hue Lights and Plugin

Thanks for the reply!

I'll try your suggestions and let you know what I find!

Thanks, again!

Dave

Page 1 of 1