Hue color control

Posted on
Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:29 pm
hhinma offline

Hue color control

I am completely new to indigo. Just evaluating the software to determine if it is a fit for my needs. I have installed the hue plugin but am at something of a loss to determine how i do anything other than turns lights on and off. Adding hue bulbs in the control page seems to always end up with simple on/off toggles, no matter what type of control I add. What am i missing ? Is there a tutorial somewhere ?

Posted on
Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hue color control

[MODERATOR NOTE] Since the Hue Plugin is a 3rd party plugin, this thread was moved to the developer's forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue color control

hhinma wrote:
I am completely new to indigo. Just evaluating the software to determine if it is a fit for my needs. I have installed the hue plugin but am at something of a loss to determine how i do anything other than turns lights on and off. Adding hue bulbs in the control page seems to always end up with simple on/off toggles, no matter what type of control I add. What am i missing ? Is there a tutorial somewhere ?

Hi hhinma.

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.

The Hue Lights plugin announcement post contains a number of basic "how-to" instructions, including some more advanced scripting examples. Because the basic Indigo interface was designed with basic dimmers and switches in mind with respect to lighting, there are no special color pickers or pallets available to set Hue light colors directly. Instead, you must use actions within an Indigo Action Group, Trigger, Schedule, or Control Page. The Hue Lights plugin also allows you to create virtual dimmers (called "Hue Device Attribute Controllers") which allows you to use built-in Indigo dimmer controls to set Hue light parameters such as saturation, hue, color temperature, etc.

Page 1 of 1