Getting an error and can't add any bulbs

Posted on
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 pm
emergent offline

Getting an error and can't add any bulbs

I'm getting this error when I try to configure the plugin.

Code: Select all
 Hue Lights                      Checking with the Hue hub at 192.168.1.25
192.168.1.25 for pairing state...
  Hue Lights Debug                Request is {"username": "1a67fc42326a381ac78b9da9e2619b95", "devicetype": "Indigo Hue Plugin"}
  Hue Lights                      Failed to connect to the Hue hub at 192.168.1.25
192.168.1.25. - Check that the hub is connected and turned on.

The ip is definitely correct, verified on my router and meethue. Any ideas what the issue might be? Is there a way to reset the plugin so I can try the pairing again?

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Getting an error and can't add any bulbs

emergent wrote:
I'm getting this error when I try to configure the plugin.

Hue Lights                      Checking with the Hue hub at 192.168.1.25
192.168.1.25 for pairing state...
  Hue Lights Debug                Request is {"username": "1a67fc42326a381ac78b9da9e2619b95", "devicetype": "Indigo Hue Plugin"}
  Hue Lights                      Failed to connect to the Hue hub at 192.168.1.25
192.168.1.25. - Check that the hub is connected and turned on.

The ip is definitely correct, verified on my router and meethue. Any ideas what the issue might be? Is there a way to reset the plugin so I can try the pairing again?

Looks like you might need to press the center button on the Hue hub, then come back to the Hue Lights plugin configuration dialog and click the "Start/Finish" button again. If that doesn't work, you can effectively reset the plugin by disabling it (from the Plugins menu in Indigo), then going into the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins folder and deleting the com.nathansheldon.indigoplugin.HueLights.inidPref file. Then enable the plugin again (from the Plugins menu in Indigo). When pairing the plugin with the hub, be sure to follow the pairing process below, otherwise pairing will fail.

1. In the Configure Hue Lights dialog box, click the "Start/Finish" button.
  2. Without clicking any other button in the dialog or quitting Indigo, go to the Hue hub and press the center button.
  3. Return to Indigo. With the Configure Hue Lights dialog box still open, click the "Start/Finish" button. Wait for a few moments (5 to 10 seconds may be needed) for the pairing to complete. Click the "Save" button in the Configure Hue Lights dialog.

If this doesn't work. Reset the plugin as described above. When presented with the Configure Hue Lights dialog upon enabling the plugin again, check the "Enable debugging" check box and click the "Save" button without doing anything else. This will begin the debug logging needed to troubleshoot the pairing process. Once debug logging is enabled, open the Configuration dialog for Hue Lights again and follow the pairing instructions above. Paste the log, from when debugging starts to when you click the "Save" button, in your reply.

Also, to help eliminate any network related issues, be sure to disable all firewalls (on the Indigo server and on your router, if it has one), at least for the duration of the pairing process.

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:07 am
emergent offline

I tried the steps you posted, and it still didn't work. Here is the debugging log:

Sep 2, 2013 11:03:44 AM
  Enabling plugin "Hue Lights 1.2.1"
  Starting plugin "Hue Lights 1.2.1" (pid 48831)
  Started plugin "Hue Lights 1.2.1"
  Hue Lights                      Your plugin version, v1.2.1, is current.
  Hue Lights Error                No IP address set for the Hue hub. You can get this information from the My Settings page at http://www.meethue.com
  Hue Lights                      Debug logging enabled

Sep 2, 2013 11:04:19 AM
  Hue Lights                      Checking with the Hue hub at  for pairing state...
  Hue Lights Debug                Request is {"username": "7169f84cc8f2d422dae7e9ffec1d6e19", "devicetype": "Indigo Hue Plugin"}
  Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution UiAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2919, in restartPairing
  File "plugin.py", line 2878, in updateRegistrationState
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: No JSON object could be decoded

Sep 2, 2013 11:04:37 AM
  Hue Lights                      Checking with the Hue hub at  for pairing state...
  Hue Lights Debug                Request is {"username": "7169f84cc8f2d422dae7e9ffec1d6e19", "devicetype": "Indigo Hue Plugin"}
  Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution UiAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2919, in restartPairing
  File "plugin.py", line 2878, in updateRegistrationState
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: No JSON object could be decoded

Hue Lights Debug                closedPrefsConfigUi called
  Hue Lights                      Debug logging enabled

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:59 pm
emergent offline

I deleted Indigo 6 and the Application Support folder, and reinstalled it and now it works.

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 pm
nsheldon offline

Wow. I'm a bit surprised that worked. But regardless, glad to hear its working now.

Page 1 of 1