Energy EAGLE Discussion

Posted on
Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:34 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Energy EAGLE Discussion

rhanson wrote:
Lol. What timing! I was just about to post about a problem when it can't read pricing.:-)

Turns out, my meter either doesn't know the pricing, or doesn't want to send it to the eagle. So I'm going to switch it to your advanced pricing.

The error was:

File "plugin.py", line 1070, in update
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'

(Line 1074 now)

Separately, you'd previously asked me about energyInput2. That parameter doesn't appear. If you know the Eagle url that dumps out the xml data, I can see if it's sending it.

Also, I don't think you're expecting eagle to send you a negative value:

Eagle says: current usage is -0.099kW

Code: Select all
>>> indigo.devices[133281462].states["energyInput1"]

Thanks for the report. I'll fix the bug that causes Energy EAGLE to crash when there's no pricing information from the meter.

With regard to pricing: yes, my meter doesn't report any pricing information either. I've yet to see anyone report that their meter does actually. I suspect it's a supported feature of the ZigBee Smart Energy Profile specification which is why the EAGLE reports that data, but just not used by any of the energy companies (that I know of).

Actually, I was wanting to know about "accumEnergyTotal2" (there's no energyInput2 state). For me, the accumEnergyTotal2 state shows 0.

So, you're seeing a Current Load of -0.099 kW but the "energyInput1" device state is showing 4294967.0750000002? That doesn't seem possible as "Current Load" is the UI name given to the "energyInput1" device state. Can you double-check the "energyInput1" state value within the Indigo GUI client? It shouldn't report any number greater than around 20.000 kW. If it is, there's a major calculating error that I need to track down and the -0.099 you're seeing is more likely correct.

Posted on
Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:47 pm
rhanson offline

Yes, accumEnergy2 shows the amount of power sent to the grid. It corresponds exactly to the number shown on the eagle on its Meter Reading page.

The energyInput1 number corresponds to the energy usage shown on the eagle on the current usage page. When this number is positive, it's fine. But when it is negative (on the eagle screen), the indigo param is out of range.

Edit: also attached is what the demand curve looks like (also negative for sunny parts of the day), just so you can be aware of that :-)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.48.24 .png
Demand curve
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.48.24 .png (29.25 KiB) Viewed 3799 times
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.42.08 .png
Custom states panel
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.42.08 .png (8.87 KiB) Viewed 3799 times
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.41.53 .png
Device window
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.41.53 .png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 3799 times
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.41.35 .png
Meter with net negative flow
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.41.35 .png (31.83 KiB) Viewed 3799 times

Posted on
Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 pm
nsheldon offline

Nice! Thanks for the screen shots. I definitely need debug logging info to fix that because the EAGLE API documentation doesn't describe how it handles negative demand values and all demand values are expressed in the XML output as 5 separate hexadecimal values (raw reading integer, multiplier integer, divisor integer, digits left integer, digits right integer), none of which indicate how to handle negative values. The method I'm using to convert the hex value to an integer is the Python built-in int() method. So I need to see exactly what hex values the EAGLE is giving you so I can reverse-engineer their negative demand calculation method.

If you get a chance while the demand value is a negative number, temporarily turn on debug logging (in the Energy EAGLE configuration) then turn it off. Your log will quickly be flooded with a lot of XML code (every 5 seconds to be exact). I think I'll just need one or two full XML dumps from that log.

Thanks for the help.

Posted on
Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm
rhanson offline

So I still haven't been able to catch this thing during daytime hours when I'm also not using gobs of power... maybe tomorrow.

But here is a capture of the error I reported earlier so you can see how pricing is being returned from the eagle:

2013-08-10 18:32:17   Energy EAGLE Debug   Parsing XML data from "Energy EAGLE".
2013-08-10 18:32:17   Energy EAGLE Debug   Parsed data:

{attached XML File was here}

2013-08-10 18:32:17   Energy EAGLE Debug   updateDeviceState called.
2013-08-10 18:32:17   Energy EAGLE Debug   updateDeviceState called.
2013-08-10 18:32:17   Energy EAGLE Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 566, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 1074, in update

Attachments
x.xml
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

Posted on
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 pm
asw24b offline

I'm also seeing an error with 0.9.3

Energy EAGLE Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Energy EAGLE Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 949, in update
<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: list index out of range

It doesn't like this:

networkInfo = xmlTree.getElementsByTagName('NetworkInfo')[0]

and here is the debug output:

Energy EAGLE Debug Starting runConcurrentThread.
Energy EAGLE Debug Updating data for device: Energy Eagle
Energy EAGLE Debug Gathering data from Energy Eagle (at 10.0.1.104).
Energy EAGLE Debug sendCommand called.
Energy EAGLE Debug connect called.
Energy EAGLE Debug Attempt # 1 to connect to EAGLE.
Energy EAGLE Debug Sending command
<LocalCommand>
<Name>get_device_data</Name>
<MacId></MacId>
</LocalCommand>

to "Energy Eagle".
Energy EAGLE Debug Reading data from "Energy Eagle".
Energy EAGLE Debug Data returned:
<Error>
<Text>Device not found</Text>
</Error>

Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing XML data from "Energy Eagle".
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsed data:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Data>

<Error>

<Text>
Device not found
</Text>

</Error>
</Data>

Energy EAGLE Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 pm
asw24b offline

asw24b wrote:
I'm also seeing an error with 0.9.3

It doesn't like this:

networkInfo = xmlTree.getElementsByTagName('NetworkInfo')[0]

and here is the debug output:

Energy EAGLE Debug Starting runConcurrentThread.
<LocalCommand>
<MacId></MacId>
</LocalCommand>

to "Energy Eagle".
<Error>
<Text>Device not found</Text>
</Error>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Data>

<Error>

<Text>
Device not found
</Text>

</Error>
</Data>

It looks like the code is sending a null MacId in the get_device_data call. I'm not sure yet why it isn't being retrieved...

Posted on
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm
asw24b offline

asw24b wrote:
It looks like the code is sending a null MacId in the get_device_data call. I'm not sure yet why it isn't being retrieved...

It's this line:

if localProps.get('macID', "0x0000000000000000") == "0x0000000000000000":

It's never true, so it never retrieves the MacID

Also, unless I enter the rate tier information, I get this error:

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:49 am
nsheldon offline

Version 0.9.4 Posted

Changes from 0.9.3:
  • Fixed a bug where the plugin would crash with an Attribute error if the price tier wasn't defined on the EAGLE.
  • Added additional error checking in case other pricing attributes were undefined on the EAGLE.
  • (Hopefully) fixed a bug that would cause the plugin to crash if the MAC address of the EAGLE hadn't been obtained correctly.

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:03 am
asw24b offline

asw24b wrote:
asw24b wrote:

It's this line:

It's never true, so it never retrieves the MacID

Also, unless I enter the rate tier information, I get this error:

One last issue.

I am attempting to set up an action that updates a variable every time the "Energy Consumed Today" state changes.

I have enclosed a picture of the trigger window.

It looks like the value never changes; The trigger never fires.

If the trigger did fire, I used the variable actions plugin to insert the device state of "accumEnergyToday" into a variable.

Is it possible that the state of "Energy Consumed Today" isn't getting updated on the server ?

Thanks !

Mike
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 11.58.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 11.58.56 PM.png (91.27 KiB) Viewed 3730 times

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:05 am
nsheldon offline

@rhanson: Thanks for the XML. Though it doesn't help with the negative demand value errors, it is interesting to see some of the differences in the data you're getting from your meter compared to what I get from mine. It looks like your utility company is putting basic billing and tier information into the Messages area. It's too bad they aren't putting that information where the EAGLE expects to see it (in the actual Tier and Price components of what I assume is the ZigBee Smart Energy Profile specification).

@asw24b: Thanks for the detailed errors and analysis. The
line is true when the Energy EAGLE device is first created because that property doesn't exist, so the "get" method returns the "0x000..." string instead, which makes the statement true. However, if for some reason the EAGLE or (more likely) the plugin saved something (even something invalid like an empty string) into the "macID" property, that statement would evaluate to false. I'm betting the first time you created the Energy EAGLE device in Indigo, the EAGLE wasn't paired with your meter. That caused the plugin to create the Energy EAGLE device, but use blank values for the device properties, and because the above test wasn't accounting for the macID property to be blank, it caused all kinds of data gathering errors (because the plugin was asking for data for a device with a blank MAC address).
asw24b wrote:
Is it possible that the state of "Energy Consumed Today" isn't getting updated on the server ?

Yes. In fact, I doubt any device states are being updated if you're getting the errors you've reported.

For all the errors you guys have reported, I believe the new version 0.9.4 should fix them. However, since I can't completely reproduce your conditions, there may be new errors that pop up. Please let me know so I can trace them down and fix then as they appear. Thanks for the help guys!

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:15 am
asw24b offline

nsheldon wrote:

line is true when the Energy EAGLE device is first created because that property doesn't exist, so the "get" method returns the "0x000..." string instead, which makes the statement true. However, if for some reason the EAGLE or (more likely) the plugin saved something (even something invalid like an empty string) into the "macID" property, that statement would evaluate to false. I'm betting the first time you created the Energy EAGLE device in Indigo, the EAGLE wasn't paired with your meter. That caused the plugin to create the Energy EAGLE device, but use blank values for the device properties, and because the above test wasn't accounting for the macID property to be blank, it caused all kinds of data gathering errors (because the plugin was asking for data for a device with a blank MAC address).

I thought of that, so I deleted the device and created it again from scratch; Same result.

nsheldon wrote:
asw24b wrote:

Yes. In fact, I doubt any device states are being updated if you're getting the errors you've reported.

I modified the plug in to always update the MacID, and I added the pricing info. After that, it worked great, except that I couldn't get the variable to update (I didn't debug why).

nsheldon wrote:

For all the errors you guys have reported, I believe the new version 0.9.4 should fix them. However, since I can't completely reproduce your conditions, there may be new errors that pop up. Please let me know so I can trace them down and fix then as they appear. Thanks for the help guys!

Cool.

I'll try the new version.

Thanks !

Mike

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:19 am
asw24b offline

asw24b wrote:
nsheldon wrote:

I thought of that, so I deleted the device and created it again from scratch; Same result.

nsheldon wrote:
asw24b wrote:

I modified the plug in to always update the MacID, and I added the pricing info. After that, it worked great, except that I couldn't get the variable to update (I didn't debug why).

nsheldon wrote:

Cool.

I'll try the new version.

Thanks !

Mike

No joy; The trigger still isn't firing.

I'll look into it more tomorrow...

Mike

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:40 am
nsheldon offline

asw24b wrote:

Mike

Sorry to hear that. If you give me some debug log output that would be helpful.

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:05 am
asw24b offline

nsheldon wrote:
asw24b wrote:

Mike

Sorry to hear that. If you give me some debug log output that would be helpful.

Here is what I (think) I have found so far; Apologies in advance if I missed something.

The accumEnergyToday variable gets updated by parsing the data from this call:

theCommand = "get_summation_values"
theXml = self.sendCommand(device, theCommand)

Question: The docs say that the call takes an interval parameter:

<LocalCommand>
<Name>get_summation_values</Name>
<MacId>0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</MacId>
<Interval>{enumeration}</Interval>
<SummationType>{enumeration}</SummationType>
</LocalCommand>

I don't see that being sent; Doesn't it matter ?

I added some debug code to see if the value was being see and parsed:

tempTimestamp = datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(tempTimestamp)
if tempTimestamp.year == timeNow.year and tempTimestamp.month == timeNow.month and
tempTimestamp.day == timeNow.day:
# Reading is from today...
>>>>> self.debugLog("The Reading is still today")

# Add the hourly energy to the today's total.
accumEnergyToday += tempAccumEnergy
>>>>> self.debugLog("Accum energy from today is \"%s\"." % (accumEnergyToday))

Assuming I did this correctly, it looks like the value for accumEnergyToday never changes, which explains why the trigger never fires.

Here is the debug info:

<MacId>0xd8d5b90000000dc7</MacId>
</LocalCommand>

to "Energy Eagle".
<NetworkInfo>
<DeviceMacId>0xd8d5b90000000dc7</DeviceMacId>
<Status>Connected</Status>
<MeterMacId>0x001350010005f74d</MeterMacId>
<ExtPanId>0x7fffffffffffffff</ExtPanId>
<ShortAddr>0x0000ffff</ShortAddr>
<Channel>25</Channel>
<LinkStrength>100</LinkStrength>
</NetworkInfo>
<DeviceInfo>
<InstallCode>0xd2f6cad9b324629d</InstallCode>
<LinkKeyHigh>ad00c25adfd9aa38</LinkKeyHigh>
<LinkKeyLow>28d1a337d18bfee4</LinkKeyLow>
<FWVersion>1.4.27 (5278)</FWVersion>
<HWVersion>3.2.3</HWVersion>
<Manufacturer>Rainforest Automation, I</Manufacturer>
<ModelId>RFA-Z109 EAGLE</ModelId>
<DateCode>20121201EC051052</DateCode>
</DeviceInfo>
<InstantaneousDemand>
<Demand>0x0000198c</Demand>
<TimeStamp>0x199a0184</TimeStamp>
<Multiplier>0x00000001</Multiplier>
<Divisor>0x000003e8</Divisor>
<DigitsRight>0x00000003</DigitsRight>
<DigitsLeft>0x0000000f</DigitsLeft>
<SuppressLeadingZero>0x0001</SuppressLeadingZero>
</InstantaneousDemand>
<CurrentSummation>
<SummationDelivered>0x0000000001a7ccdb</SummationDelivered>
<SummationReceived>0x0000000000000000</SummationReceived>
<SuppressLeadingZero>0x01</SuppressLeadingZero>
</CurrentSummation>
<PriceCluster>
<Price>0xffffffff</Price>
<Currency>0xffff</Currency>
<TrailingDigits>0xff</TrailingDigits>
<Tier></Tier>
<RateLabel></RateLabel>
</PriceCluster>
<MessageCluster>
<Id>0x0000</Id>
<Text></Text>
<ConfirmationRequired>N</ConfirmationRequired>
<Confirmed>N</Confirmed>
<Queue>active</Queue>
</MessageCluster>
<MeterInfo>
<Type>0x0000</Type>
<Nickname></Nickname>
<Account></Account>
<Auth></Auth>
<Host></Host>
<Enabled>0x00</Enabled>
</MeterInfo>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Data>

<NetworkInfo>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<Status>
Connected
</Status>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<ExtPanId>
0x7fffffffffffffff
</ExtPanId>

<ShortAddr>
0x0000ffff
</ShortAddr>

<Channel>
</Channel>

<LinkStrength>
</LinkStrength>

</NetworkInfo>

<DeviceInfo>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<InstallCode>
0xd2f6cad9b324629d
</InstallCode>

<LinkKeyHigh>
ad00c25adfd9aa38
</LinkKeyHigh>

<LinkKeyLow>
28d1a337d18bfee4
</LinkKeyLow>

<FWVersion>
1.4.27 (5278)
</FWVersion>

<HWVersion>
</HWVersion>

<Manufacturer>
Rainforest Automation, I
</Manufacturer>

<ModelId>
RFA-Z109 EAGLE
</ModelId>

<DateCode>
20121201EC051052
</DateCode>

</DeviceInfo>

<InstantaneousDemand>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Demand>
0x0000198c
</Demand>

<TimeStamp>
0x199a0184
</TimeStamp>

<Multiplier>
0x00000001
</Multiplier>

<Divisor>
0x000003e8
</Divisor>

<DigitsRight>
0x00000003
</DigitsRight>

<DigitsLeft>
0x0000000f
</DigitsLeft>

<SuppressLeadingZero>
0x0001
</SuppressLeadingZero>

</InstantaneousDemand>

<CurrentSummation>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<SummationDelivered>
0x0000000001a7ccdb
</SummationDelivered>

<SummationReceived>
0x0000000000000000
</SummationReceived>

<Multiplier>
0x00000001
</Multiplier>

<Divisor>
0x000003e8
</Divisor>

<DigitsRight>
0x00000003
</DigitsRight>

<DigitsLeft>
0x0000000f
</DigitsLeft>

<SuppressLeadingZero>
0x01
</SuppressLeadingZero>

</CurrentSummation>

<PriceCluster>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Price>
0xffffffff
</Price>

<Currency>
0xffff
</Currency>

<TrailingDigits>
0xff
</TrailingDigits>

<Tier/>

<RateLabel/>

</PriceCluster>

<MessageCluster>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Id>
0x0000
</Id>

<Text/>

<ConfirmationRequired>
N
</ConfirmationRequired>

<Confirmed>
N
</Confirmed>

<Queue>
active
</Queue>

</MessageCluster>

<MeterInfo>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Type>
0x0000
</Type>

<Nickname/>

<Account/>

<Auth/>

<Host/>

<Enabled>
0x00
</Enabled>

</MeterInfo>
</Data>

Energy EAGLE Debug updateDeviceState called.
Energy EAGLE Debug costThisCycle: 9749.24472294 = 11.0 * 0.1323 + 3.3 * 0.1504 + 7.7 * 0.31114 + 11.0 * 0.35114 + 27741.171 * 0.35114
<LocalCommand>
</LocalCommand>

to "Energy Eagle".
<Info>
<Text>Interval data start</Text>
</Info>
<Reading>
<Value>2.618</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998c498</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.575</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998d2a8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.053</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998e0b8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.714</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998eec8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.613</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998fcd8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.721</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19990ae8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.727</Value>
<Timestamp>0x199918f8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.259</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19992708</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.520</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19993518</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.342</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19994328</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.820</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19995138</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.806</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19995f48</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.218</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19996d58</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>5.938</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19997b68</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>5.438</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19998978</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>6.032</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19999788</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.695</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999a598</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.870</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999b3a8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.318</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999c1b8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.095</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999cfc8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.682</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999ddd8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.013</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999ebe8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>0.0</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999f9f8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>0.0</Value>
<Timestamp>0x199a0808</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Info>
<Text>Interval data end</Text>
</Info>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Data>

<Info>

<Text>
Interval data start
</Text>

</Info>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998c498
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998d2a8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998e0b8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998eec8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998fcd8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19990ae8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x199918f8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19992708
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19993518
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19994328
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19995138
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19995f48
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19996d58
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19997b68
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19998978
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19999788
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999a598
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999b3a8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999c1b8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999cfc8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999ddd8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999ebe8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999f9f8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x199a0808
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Info>

<Text>
Interval data end
</Text>

</Info>
</Data>

Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 23.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 22.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 21.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 20.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 19.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 18.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 17.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 16.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 15.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 14.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 13.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 12.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 11.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 10.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 9.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 8.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 7.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 6.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 5.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 4.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 3.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 2.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 1.
Energy EAGLE Debug The Reading is still today
Energy EAGLE Debug Accum energy from today is "0.0".
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 0.
<LocalCommand>
</LocalCommand>

to "Energy Eagle".
<NetworkInfo>
<Status>Connected</Status>
<ExtPanId>0x7fffffffffffffff</ExtPanId>
<ShortAddr>0x0000ffff</ShortAddr>
<Channel>25</Channel>
<LinkStrength>100</LinkStrength>
</NetworkInfo>
<DeviceInfo>
<InstallCode>0xd2f6cad9b324629d</InstallCode>
<LinkKeyHigh>ad00c25adfd9aa38</LinkKeyHigh>
<LinkKeyLow>28d1a337d18bfee4</LinkKeyLow>
<FWVersion>1.4.27 (5278)</FWVersion>
<HWVersion>3.2.3</HWVersion>
<Manufacturer>Rainforest Automation, I</Manufacturer>
<ModelId>RFA-Z109 EAGLE</ModelId>
<DateCode>20121201EC051052</DateCode>
</DeviceInfo>
<InstantaneousDemand>
<Demand>0x0000199b</Demand>
<TimeStamp>0x199a018e</TimeStamp>
<SuppressLeadingZero>0x0001</SuppressLeadingZero>
</InstantaneousDemand>
<CurrentSummation>
<SummationDelivered>0x0000000001a7ccdb</SummationDelivered>
<SummationReceived>0x0000000000000000</SummationReceived>
<SuppressLeadingZero>0x01</SuppressLeadingZero>
</CurrentSummation>
<PriceCluster>
<Price>0xffffffff</Price>
<Currency>0xffff</Currency>
<TrailingDigits>0xff</TrailingDigits>
<Tier></Tier>
<RateLabel></RateLabel>
</PriceCluster>
<MessageCluster>
<Id>0x0000</Id>
<Text></Text>
<ConfirmationRequired>N</ConfirmationRequired>
<Confirmed>N</Confirmed>
<Queue>active</Queue>
</MessageCluster>
<MeterInfo>
<Type>0x0000</Type>
<Nickname></Nickname>
<Account></Account>
<Auth></Auth>
<Host></Host>
<Enabled>0x00</Enabled>
</MeterInfo>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Data>

<NetworkInfo>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<Status>
Connected
</Status>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<ExtPanId>
0x7fffffffffffffff
</ExtPanId>

<ShortAddr>
0x0000ffff
</ShortAddr>

<Channel>
</Channel>

<LinkStrength>
</LinkStrength>

</NetworkInfo>

<DeviceInfo>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<InstallCode>
0xd2f6cad9b324629d
</InstallCode>

<LinkKeyHigh>
ad00c25adfd9aa38
</LinkKeyHigh>

<LinkKeyLow>
28d1a337d18bfee4
</LinkKeyLow>

<FWVersion>
1.4.27 (5278)
</FWVersion>

<HWVersion>
</HWVersion>

<Manufacturer>
Rainforest Automation, I
</Manufacturer>

<ModelId>
RFA-Z109 EAGLE
</ModelId>

<DateCode>
20121201EC051052
</DateCode>

</DeviceInfo>

<InstantaneousDemand>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Demand>
0x0000199b
</Demand>

<TimeStamp>
0x199a018e
</TimeStamp>

<Multiplier>
0x00000001
</Multiplier>

<Divisor>
0x000003e8
</Divisor>

<DigitsRight>
0x00000003
</DigitsRight>

<DigitsLeft>
0x0000000f
</DigitsLeft>

<SuppressLeadingZero>
0x0001
</SuppressLeadingZero>

</InstantaneousDemand>

<CurrentSummation>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<SummationDelivered>
0x0000000001a7ccdb
</SummationDelivered>

<SummationReceived>
0x0000000000000000
</SummationReceived>

<Multiplier>
0x00000001
</Multiplier>

<Divisor>
0x000003e8
</Divisor>

<DigitsRight>
0x00000003
</DigitsRight>

<DigitsLeft>
0x0000000f
</DigitsLeft>

<SuppressLeadingZero>
0x01
</SuppressLeadingZero>

</CurrentSummation>

<PriceCluster>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Price>
0xffffffff
</Price>

<Currency>
0xffff
</Currency>

<TrailingDigits>
0xff
</TrailingDigits>

<Tier/>

<RateLabel/>

</PriceCluster>

<MessageCluster>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Id>
0x0000
</Id>

<Text/>

<ConfirmationRequired>
N
</ConfirmationRequired>

<Confirmed>
N
</Confirmed>

<Queue>
active
</Queue>

</MessageCluster>

<MeterInfo>

<DeviceMacId>
0xd8d5b90000000dc7
</DeviceMacId>

<MeterMacId>
0x001350010005f74d
</MeterMacId>

<Type>
0x0000
</Type>

<Nickname/>

<Account/>

<Auth/>

<Host/>

<Enabled>
0x00
</Enabled>

</MeterInfo>
</Data>

Energy EAGLE Debug costThisCycle: 9749.24472294 = 11.0 * 0.1323 + 3.3 * 0.1504 + 7.7 * 0.31114 + 11.0 * 0.35114 + 27741.171 * 0.35114
<LocalCommand>
</LocalCommand>

to "Energy Eagle".
<Info>
<Text>Interval data start</Text>
</Info>
<Reading>
<Value>2.618</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998c498</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.575</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998d2a8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.053</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998e0b8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.714</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998eec8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.613</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1998fcd8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.721</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19990ae8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.727</Value>
<Timestamp>0x199918f8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.259</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19992708</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.520</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19993518</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.342</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19994328</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.820</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19995138</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>2.806</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19995f48</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.218</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19996d58</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>5.938</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19997b68</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>5.438</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19998978</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>6.032</Value>
<Timestamp>0x19999788</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.695</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999a598</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.870</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999b3a8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.318</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999c1b8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>4.095</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999cfc8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.682</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999ddd8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>3.013</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999ebe8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>0.0</Value>
<Timestamp>0x1999f9f8</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Reading>
<Value>0.0</Value>
<Timestamp>0x199a0808</Timestamp>
</Reading>
<Info>
<Text>Interval data end</Text>
</Info>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Data>

<Info>

<Text>
Interval data start
</Text>

</Info>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998c498
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998d2a8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998e0b8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998eec8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1998fcd8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19990ae8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x199918f8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19992708
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19993518
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19994328
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19995138
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19995f48
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19996d58
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19997b68
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19998978
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x19999788
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999a598
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999b3a8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999c1b8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999cfc8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999ddd8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999ebe8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x1999f9f8
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Reading>

<Value>
</Value>

<Timestamp>
0x199a0808
</Timestamp>

</Reading>

<Info>

<Text>
Interval data end
</Text>

</Info>
</Data>

Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 23.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 22.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 21.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 20.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 19.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 18.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 17.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 16.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 15.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 14.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 13.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 12.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 11.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 10.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 9.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 8.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 7.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 6.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 5.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 4.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 3.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 2.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 1.
Energy EAGLE Debug Parsing consumption reading 0.
<LocalCommand>

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Mike.

asw24b wrote:
Question: The docs say that the call takes an interval parameter:

<LocalCommand>
<MacId>0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</MacId>
<Interval>{enumeration}</Interval>
<SummationType>{enumeration}</SummationType>
</LocalCommand>

I don't see that being sent; Doesn't it matter ?

Nope. It doesn't matter actually. It appears to assume a "day" Interval and a "delivered" SummationType. As you can see from the XML output you posted, the EAGLE is reporting readings for every hour (you have to convert the Timestamp values from hex to integer (which is seconds from UNIX epoch)). If you calculate the difference between consecutive Timestamps, you'll notice each interval is 3600 seconds (60 minutes) apart. So it looks like the plugin and EAGLE are talking okay.

Good thinking, adding that debug code. However, if you look at the XML output you posted, the last 2 readings (the only 2 readings for today) both show a Value of "0.0", so when they're added up by the plugin, the accumEnergyToday shows up as "0.0". The EAGLE appears to take a couple hours to actually generate the summation data for the first hour or two of new days. So, if you look at the EAGLE's summation data within an hour or two after midnight, you'll just see zeros for midnight and 1:00 AM. They eventually populate, but in this case, they don't help debug the problem. If you were to show debug logging now, I'll bet the accumEnergyToday value would increase with each hourly reading that falls on today.

Try enabling debug logging again, now that it's been a few hours after midnight, and see if the accumEnergyToday value increases as is expected. I'm betting that it does. One of the reasons the trigger may not be firing very quickly is because it seems it takes the EAGLE at least 15 minutes to update the hourly consumption value for the current hour. What's your trigger definition look like? Any conditions set?