Future Plugin: Energy EAGLE

Posted on
Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:41 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Future Plugin: Energy EAGLE

Okay. I've got the first beta version of the plugin available for testing. I've only been running it for a day, but so far it seems stable.

See the announcement thread for the download link. I'm closing this thread, so future plugin discussions can continue on the new discussion thread.

Posted on
Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:13 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Future Plugin: Energy EAGLE

Version 0.9 Posted

Changes from 0.8:
  • Optimized Change in Current Load and Seconds Since Current Load Change so that neither state is changed in the Indigo device unless the meter reading timestamp has changed.
  • Optimized Indigo device property updating code.
  • Changed the sendCommand method by relocating the socket connection tasks (connect/disconnect) to separate methods.
  • Added Energy Consumed... hourly energy consumption states for the last 24 hours (including the current hour).
  • Added Energy Consumed Today state which provides the total kilowatt-hours consumed for the current day.
  • Added Cost per Hour, Cost for Today, and Cost for this Billing Cycle states.
  • Added Advanced Pricing settings to manually configure energy consumption pricing for both tiered and time-of-day pricing. NOTE: Cost calculations are estimates and not guaranteed to be accurate. Don't base your financial decisions on the cost calculations from this plugin!
  • Removed text versions of Current Load states to keep the total number of device states as low as possible.
  • Added a Start New Billing Cycle action (and Plugin menu item) and a Set Billing Cycle Start Values action (and menu item).
  • Added a socket timeout to avoid blocking on hung connections.