Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Sun May 30, 2021 3:08 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Version 1.7.54 Posted

• Fixed another bug that would cause an error if a light strip only supported color temperature.

Posted on
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:51 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.55 Posted

• Added support for another Hue Ambiance GU10 bulb model.

Posted on
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:21 pm
makedrinklas offline

THANK YOU!

I have a question: How can I add my two new Hue Signe floor lamps? (just purchased on eBay for around $250 each - VERY awesome. You probably know this but, Philips also makes other stand-alone lamps, table lamps, panels, etc. I've tried the Hue Color/Ambience and Compatible and other options but the devices don't show up when trying to add them to Indigo. :(

Thank you for all of your hard work on this!

Posted on
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:17 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

It's possible that the Hue Signe models aren't recognized by the plugin. If you could get a screenshot from your Hue app on your mobile device (e.g. iPhone or Android phone) like in this post, I can check the plugin configuration to see if those models are supported. If they aren't I can add support.

Yep, I'm aware that many of the newer Hue products support stand-alone operation via Bluetooth. However, for the Hue Lights plugin to work, you have to have the Hue bridge as the plugin can only connect to the bridge, not to any lights directly via Bluetooth. The plugin doesn't require the bridge to be connected to the outside internet or be registered with the MeetHue web site, though, as the plugin connects directly to the Hue bridge, not to the Hue/Philips/Signify servers on the internet.

makedrinklas wrote:
THANK YOU!

I have a question: How can I add my two new Hue Signe floor lamps? (just purchased on eBay for around $250 each - VERY awesome. You probably know this but, Philips also makes other stand-alone lamps, table lamps, panels, etc. I've tried the Hue Color/Ambience and Compatible and other options but the devices don't show up when trying to add them to Indigo. :(

Thank you for all of your hard work on this!

Posted on
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:34 pm
makedrinklas offline

Thanks for that info and that is great news! Here you go...
Attachments
Signe Info.png
Philips Hue Signe 58.7" Tall White & Color Ambiance Floor Lamp
Signe Info.png (287.29 KiB) Viewed 2286 times

Posted on
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:30 pm
nsheldon offline

Got it. Thanks.

I've just confirmed that that model isn't recognized by the Hue Lights plugin. I'll add support for it in the next patch release (usually around every two weeks, or longer if no updates are pending).

Posted on
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:46 pm
makedrinklas offline

That is extremely nice, thank you! Do you have a tip jar somewhere?

Also: can you think of a better way to change the color instantly to follow a TV other than the single output Hue Play HDMI sync box they offer?

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:25 am
nsheldon offline

Thanks.

I appreciate the offer. Any donation is appreciated, though not necessary. Tips can be sent via PayPal if you're so inclined.

I'm not aware of any alternatives to the Hue Play sync box. What about an HDMI splitter to split the HDMI output?

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:01 am
makedrinklas offline

Done! Thanks for developing this for all of us Indigo users. It’s a game changer!

Not a bad idea. I’ll also look into HDMI transceivers. Thanks!

Edit: I understand a bit more about the light color sync – the Philips Hue Play Sync device is currently $229 at the ‘Zon. (Look under other sellers). It supports up to 10 connected lights wirelessly. The single output is to your display, with four inputs from other HDMI sources. I have to say the Hue floor lamps are extremely cool, there are US versions available if you look around for about $250.

Posted on
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:45 am
Different Computers offline

Anyone else?

Anyone else have this issue? I've got a long, narrow house, and also, some of my most misbehaving bulbs are at the exterior corners, so literally as far away from the hub as they can be.

Worse, those exterior bulbs are GE Hue compatible bulbs, and they've always seemed more likely to flake out than Hue brand.

But when I look at this list, I see that not all the misbehaving devices are 3rd party, and not all of them are the ones furthest from the hub. Also, a few of them report their status any time I send them a command, then after a bit they revert again to disconnected status. So it seems like status polling is the problem, while commands are not.

I've lived with this for years, thinking it was mainly just the way it had do be because of the conditions and the brand, but I find myself wondering if I might have some way to improve this.
Attachments
disconnected.jpg
disconnected.jpg (165.6 KiB) Viewed 2160 times

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:34 am
Different Computers offline

Huh, no commentary on the above. Maybe I’m the only person experiencing this.

I’m getting pretty sick of it. Hue should be extremely reliable, but in fact it’s quite unreliable. Based on internet advice, I recently moved the Hue Hub from its long time location 18 inches away from the WiFi router, to a spot 18 feet across the room and on the other side of a wall.

No difference.

I’ve seen lots of guidance to try another Zigbee channel to reduce potential interference, but my problem with implementing this starts with the instruction to “make sure all bulbs are turned on and communicating when you change the channel. And of course, I regularly have multiple bulbs that are Unreachable.

Anyone have a more clever process than “bring every Unreachable bulb from all over and outside the house into the same room with the Hub and find fixtures to get them on” for attempting this?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:30 pm
nsheldon offline

In my personal experience with ZigBee devices being on the edge of usable range and frequently appearing as "disconnected" (seen as "unreachable" in the Hue app), changing the ZigBee channel despite the warning helped. I don't know if that will work in your specific situation, but you might give it a try.

You may already know this, but all ZigBee devices (at least the Hue certified mains powered ones) act as part of a mesh network and will repeat ZigBee messages from nearby devices. So having a "path" of ZigBee devices that are close to each other all the way from your Hue bridge to the outer-most devices should help with communication. To test this, you might try putting another ZigBee device such as a Hue bulb or Hue Plug near the halfway point between a known working ZigBee device and one that is frequently out of range to see if that improves communication.

Posted on
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:26 pm
makedrinklas offline

Chiming in, let me just say I have no idea what I'm talking about. And I may have missed something in your post because I skimmed. :lol:

I would consider the age of your bulbs. Maybe unscrew them ALL just a bit so they don't connect and run around to each with a brand new bulb and see if it responds to the hub? Possibly one bulb is whacky/took a power hit and is sending out noise. Matt and Jay talk a lot about that when troubleshooting. You've probably done this, but check to see if your Hue and all of the possible devices are up to date software-wise. Maybe one failed an update and is wreaking havoc?

Just some ideas...

Best,

Mike

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:24 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.56 Posted

• Added support for another Hue Signe floor light model.
  • Added support for an IKEA TRADFRI wall plug.
  • Added support for an innr A19 dimmable bulb.

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:18 pm
jltnol offline

Hue General light Question

I have 7, and a 1st gen hub/bridge. Today, they all stopped responding thru Indigo, and while I almost never use the iOS app, the bulbs now all say "Unreachable", and searching for new lights says "No new lights found".

I can reach the webpage of the hub/bridge, but all that is there is boilerplate data, and nothing useful. So since all 7 light do turn on manually, might I be safe in assuming that my hub/bridge is most likely the culprit?

I'm also guessing replacing the hub will mean a lot of work in Indigo, as I'm assuming all my old light Devices won't work, and I'll have to create new ones... yes?

Page 89 of 103 1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 103