Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:50 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Sorry to hear about the issues with the Tradfri lights. I recently tried finding cheaper alternatives to the Hue bulbs as well. They're unreasonably high priced. I had similar problems to what you're seeing with the Tradfri bulbs with some rebranded eWeLight bulbs off Amazon. They're terrible overall and only work correctly about 30% of the time (but were only $25 for 2 full color/color temperature bulbs). Still probably not worth it. I unwisely tossed the packaging too, so I can't return them. Chalk the lost funds up to lessons learned I guess.

I also tried some Osram Lightify color temperature bulbs, some "RealityLight" bulbs, and some "innr" brand bulbs. Of those, only the innr bulbs would even pair with the Hue bridge. The innr bulbs were about $50 on Amazon for 2 full color/color temperature bulbs, but work flawlessly with the Hue bridge (at least the 4 I bought did). The others had to be returned as they wouldn't even pair with the bridge (they probably weren't ZigBee 3.0 compatible, in retrospect, which is required for the Hue bridge).

Posted on
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:22 pm
agame offline

maybe you do get what you pay for lol.

I see Ikea say that they intend to open their bridge API at some point...that could be another project for you lol!

Posted on
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:01 pm
nsheldon offline

agame wrote:
... I see Ikea say that they intend to open their bridge API at some point...that could be another project for you lol!

Hahaha. If their light bulb performance is any indication of what to expect from their bridge/hub, I'll probably not waste my time. :wink:

Posted on
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.51 Posted

• Added support for the Hue Argenta color spot bulb.
  • Added support for an innr A19 color/color temperature bulb.

Posted on
Thu May 06, 2021 5:23 pm
ckeyes888 offline

80w Hue Lamp Bulb?

Hoping maybe someone has come across a brighter Hue compatible color bulb?
An 80w equivalent would be perfect. Needs to be appropriate for a table lamp.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Fri May 07, 2021 11:17 am
nsheldon offline

There's a 1600 lumen A21 type Hue white bulb (no color changing ability). There may be other compatible bulbs too.

Posted on
Fri May 07, 2021 6:17 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks, but prefer the color bulbs.

Carl

Posted on
Sat May 08, 2021 2:26 am
gillekes offline

Static IP problem with TP-Link gateway

Hi all
The problem that I have is not related to the plugin but maybe someone has an idea how to fix the following problem.
I have a Hue setup for many years including the plugin and have been using this plugin without any problem.
I have a TPlink Omada setup with several AP. This has been working without any problem.
Now I added a gateway to the omada (TL-R605) and this is where the problems start.
The Hue bridge has a static IP as needed for the plugin, but with a static IP the hue app only connects via the cloud. When I change the hue bridge to DHCP, the hue app connects locally.
The problem is when the bridge is with a fix IP, home kit does not work as it can not connect locally. The indigo plugin works normal without any problem with the fix IP.
The problem is with the TPlink gateway. I don not know if it is a setting that is not correct or if it is a problem with the gateway firmware.
So:

Hue bridge fix IP: Indigo plugin works well, Hue bridge connects via the cloud and homekit doesn’t work. (IP: 192.168.72.10)
Hue bridge DHCP: Not ideal for the indigo plugin, hue app connect locally and homekit works. (DHCP range 192.168.72.100/200)

Does anyone have a tip or idea what this could be?

Thanks alot.

Gilles

Posted on
Sat May 08, 2021 3:27 am
marketability offline

Just an idea if your gateway allows...

Can you reserve/fix the IP address for the Hue Hub at the gateway rather than at the Hue Hub?

BTW - that's how mine is setup albeit I use Unifi Network gear
Last edited by marketability on Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat May 08, 2021 3:30 am
gillekes offline

I also thought of this but unfortunately the gateway does not have this function....
Thanks for replying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun May 09, 2021 3:31 am
bbruck offline

New problem

Hi Nathan,

Just started getting this problem when I deleted some stock scenes from the Hue app and added some custom ones. Let me know if you need the entire log. I get this message every five or ten seconds when using the app.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 354, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 5819, in parseAllHueLightsData
File "plugin.py", line 6258, in parseOneHueLightData
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'colorMode' referenced before assignment

Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Posted on
Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks for the error report. Are you using the latest version of the plugin (1.7.51)? I ask because the line number referenced in that error output doesn't correspond to anything related to the "colorMode" variable. Line numbers of code very often change with each patch, so I can't debug that error unless the line number references line up with the plugin version I have.

If you're using 1.7.51, then I'll probably need the debug logs as well since I have no idea why that error would be reported at that specific line of code.

Posted on
Sat May 15, 2021 2:37 pm
bbruck offline

Sorry - I needed to update. Same error, but hopefully current line numbers!

File "plugin.py", line 360, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 5918, in parseAllHueLightsData
File "plugin.py", line 6357, in parseOneHueLightData

Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

File "plugin.py", line 360, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 5918, in parseAllHueLightsData
File "plugin.py", line 6357, in parseOneHueLightData

Hue Lights Error

Posted on
Sat May 15, 2021 10:14 pm
nsheldon offline

Thank you. I’ll hunt down that line number and see what’s going on.

Posted on
Sun May 16, 2021 3:05 am
nsheldon offline

Okay. I think I found the reason for that error. However, it doesn't make much sense.

The line of code causing the error only gets executed if a light strip Hue device only supports color temperature (but not full color), and deleting a scene on the Hue bridge should not have modified any of the device definitions on the Hue bridge. Have you added a new light strip device lately?

In any case, it's definitely a bug and it'll be fixed in the next patch release.

Page 87 of 103 1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 103