Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:02 pm
agame offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

i love the plugin but this is the first time i've encountered a model that [might] not be supported so not entirely sure how to debug. I can see and control it via a hue group but cant find it directly:

hue ambiance downlight
model: LTD011
SW: 1.55.1_r28193

i can see that support was added for a hue downlight but can't find a listing of supported model numbers[?]...i note that 'downlight' is mentioned in your dropdown menu under 'color/ambiance'....but this one is just white with color temperature.

edit: here is what i assume to be the relevant log snippet:

u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'LWB010'}, u'20': {u'swversion': u'1.55.7_r28193', u'name': u'Back porch', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'readytoinstall', u'lastinstall': u'2021-04-13T00:22:36'}, u'productid': u'Philips-LTD011-1-DownWA_S_v1', u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:08:f9:ae:c6-0b', u'capabilities': {u'control': {u'mindimlevel': 200, u'maxlumen': 600, u'ct': {u'max': 454, u'min': 153}}, u'streaming': {u'renderer': False, u'proxy': False}, u'certified': True}, u'productname': u'Hue ambiance downlight', u'state': {u'on': True, u'colormode': u'ct', u'alert': u'select', u'reachable': True, u'mode': u'homeautomation', u'bri': 254, u'ct': 404}, u'manufacturername': u'Signify Netherlands B.V.', u'swconfigid': u'8B245755', u'config': {u'function': u'functional', u'startup': {u'configured': True, u'mode': u'safety'}, u'direction': u'downwards', u'archetype': u'recessedceiling'},

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:04 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks. I’m glad you’ve been liking the plug-in.

Thanks for the report. That’s probably a new model. I’ll add support in the next patch release which should be in about a week.

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:14 pm
agame offline

thanks!

i have a similar problem with a couple of GU10 tradfri bulbs that i've successfully added to the hue bridge....

...but at this point I can change color and turn them off (in the hue app) but not on. So I'm wondering if i need to ditch them for some genuines...or if your plugin might give more joy... I see references elsewhere that some tradfri are troublesome in hue because they won't accept multiple commands at once. So eg transitions need to be switched to zero. Has anyone had experience of this?

Color Temperature Light
Model: TRADFRI bulb GU10 WS 400lm
SW: 2.0.022

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:31 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

I can add support for those GU10 bulbs, but the plug-in won’t be able to fix ZigBee compatibility issues as that’s a much lower level than the Hue hub allows developers to access.

Posted on
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:53 pm
agame offline

might be time to ditch the tradfri...

Posted on
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.49 Posted

• Added support for a new TRADFRI dimmable bulb.
  • Added support for an eWeLight full color/color temperature bulb.
  • Added support for the Hue Wall Switch module.
  • Added support for a new Hue ambiance downlight.
  • Added option to disable ON and OFF ramp rates (transition times) in lighting device configuration dialogs to help improve compatibility with non-Hue lights.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the wrong color to be sent to a Hue Group when using the RGB picker in the Indigo UI.

Posted on
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:35 am
nsheldon offline

The 1.7.49 version of the Hue Lights plugin supports this light and now includes an option to disable the ON and OFF transition time in the Indigo device settings. I've seen this issue on a few eWeLight bulbs I recently purchased and eliminating the transition time parameter from the command sent to the Hue bridge altogether for ON commands (if the light was off) or OFF commands (if the light was already on) fixed the issue for that bulb. It may for yours too. Let me know if it does.

agame wrote:
thanks!

i have a similar problem with a couple of GU10 tradfri bulbs that i've successfully added to the hue bridge....

...but at this point I can change color and turn them off (in the hue app) but not on. So I'm wondering if i need to ditch them for some genuines...or if your plugin might give more joy... I see references elsewhere that some tradfri are troublesome in hue because they won't accept multiple commands at once. So eg transitions need to be switched to zero. Has anyone had experience of this?

Color Temperature Light
Model: TRADFRI bulb GU10 WS 400lm
SW: 2.0.022

Posted on
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:09 am
ryanbuckner offline

For the first time I've started seeing errors with this plugin. I'm on the latest version and have checked that the IP address is correct.

Code: Select all
Apr 19, 2021 at 12:57:34 PM
   Hue Lights Error                Failed to connect to the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.237. - Check that the bridge is connected, turned on and the network settings are correct.
   Hue Lights Error                Failed to load sensors list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.237 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:57:55 PM
   Received INSTEON                "1st Floor Bathroom Motion Sensor" off (button 4)
   Hue Lights Error                Failed to load lights list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.237 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.
   Hue Lights Error                Failed to load groups list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.237 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.
   Hue Lights Error                Failed to load sensors list from the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.237 after 4 seconds - check settings and retry.
   Hue Lights Error                Failed to connect to the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.237. - Check that the bridge is connected, turned on and the network settings are correct.

Posted on
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:45 am
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Sorry to hear about the error. That error would be unrelated to the new version as no code related to network connectivity was changed between 1.7.48 and 1.7.49. However, if you'd like to verify this and try the previous version, it can be downloaded either from the Indigo Plugin Store or from here.

Are you able to reach the Hue bridge using the Hue app on a mobile device like iPhone or Android phone? Try unplugging power to the Hue bridge for 10 seconds then plugging it back in. Allow about 1 minute after plugging it back in for it to come back online. Does reloading the Hue Lights plugin help? Does restarting the Mac on which Indigo server is installed help?

Posted on
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:32 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.50 Posted

• Fixed a bug that would cause a state key error to appear in the Indigo log with Hue Wall Switch Module devices.

Posted on
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:12 am
gmoeller offline

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great plugin!

I just bought two new Philips Argenta spotlights (https://www.philips-hue.com/en-gb/p/hue ... /5062131P7), both work well with the native Hue app.

However, only one of them is discovered by the Hue Lights plugin, the other one does not appear in the drop-down field.

During my error trace, I found out the two spots apparently have a different model number and name in the Hue App:

This one is recognized and supported by Hue Lights:
- Name: Hue Color Spot
- Manufacturer: Signify Netherlands B.V
- Model: LCG002

and this one is not displayed in the selection of the "Hue device":
- Name: Argenta color spot
- Manufacturer: Signify Netherlands B.V
- Model: 5062148P7

Both came in the same identical retail package and are on the same FW version but apparently are different devices.
Is there something I can do here on my side or is this something which has to be done in the Hue Lights software?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Guido

Posted on
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:32 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Guido.

I’m glad the plug-in has been useful to you. Thank you for the report. It appears the plug-in doesn’t yet support the “5062148P7” model. I’ll add support in the next update. If you’re comfortable editing Python files, you can edit the supported-devices.py file inside the Hue Lights plug-in package and add that model ID to the hue bulbs list. Or, as a temporary workaround, you could use a Hue Group to control the light until the plug-in is updated to include support for that new model.

Posted on
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:35 am
gmoeller offline

Hi Nathan,

thanks for the swift reply and for the hint with the .py file!
I added the new light to the device file and now everything works fine!

Cheers,

Guido

Posted on
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:21 pm
nsheldon offline

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:30 pm
agame offline

nsheldon wrote:
The 1.7.49 version of the Hue Lights plugin supports this light and now includes an option to disable the ON and OFF transition time in the Indigo device settings. I've seen this issue on a few eWeLight bulbs I recently purchased and eliminating the transition time parameter from the command sent to the Hue bridge altogether for ON commands (if the light was off) or OFF commands (if the light was already on) fixed the issue for that bulb. It may for yours too. Let me know if it does.

I'm afraid those Tradfri are doing my head in ....one of them is now working fine with the new plugin version (but inexplicably now works with the hue app as well...).the other one I tested appears to be bricked and doesn't light up or respond to factory reset. So that won't really help anyone LOL They are so much cheaper than the hue equivalents I guess a bit of wastage is acceptable....
Last edited by agame on Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 86 of 103 1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 103