Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:50 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Thanks John.

I just PMed you the info. Much appreciated!

Posted on
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:32 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.22 Posted

• Added support for a new Hue white ambiance bulb (European model).
  • Added support for another IKEA color temperature E26 bulb.

Posted on
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:20 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.23 Posted

• Fixed a bug that would cause the plugin to crash when validating device configurations whose Hue device had non-ASCII compatible Unicode characters in the device name on the Hue bridge.

Posted on
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:52 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.24 Posted

• Added support for the Hue Smart Button.
  • Added a separate "Stop Brightening and Dimming" action to the available device actions.

Posted on
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:58 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.25 Posted

• Added support for the Osram PAR-16 SMART+ Spot GU10 Multicolor 350lm light.
  • Added support for a Hue color wall light and Hue filament bulb.

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:02 am
Nick offline

Hi Nathan,

Is it possible to add this Friends of Hue smart switch form Senic/Gira to the plugin?

https://www.senic.com/en/friends-of-hue-smart-switch

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:36 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi Nick.

I'd like to, but without one to use for testing, I'd just be guessing at what the button press codes map to on the switch. With switch and dimmer type sensors in the Hue system, each button press is associated with a number, but you have to either have detailed specifications on the switch itself, or test out each button press and release yourself to see what the results are then program things around it. That's what I've had to do with all the other switches that are currently supported.

You could try editing the "supportedDevices.py" file inside the Hue Lights plugin. Just find the line that says

Code: Select all
kSwitchDeviceIDs = ['ZGPSWITCH', 'SWT001', 'RWL020', 'RWL021', 'ROM001', 'FOHSWITCH']

and add the model ID of the Senic switch to that list. The model ID should appear in the switch details within the Hue app on your mobile device. You'll likely encounter a few bugs since there isn't any custom code in the plugin for that switch, but it may still work. Let me know if it does.

If you're not familiar with editing plugin files, you can find the Hue Lights plugin in the following folder path

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins

Be sure you have a backup of your Hue Lights plugin somewhere (or just duplicate it there and move the duplicate to your Desktop). Right-click on the Hue Lights plugin within the Plugins folder and choose Show Package Contents. A new window will appear with a Contents folder in it. Open the Contents folder then the Server Plugin folder. You'll see the supportedDevices.py file in there. You can edit it with the TextEdit application.